First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Friend to Fairness

Grafton, WV

#1 Jan 28, 2013
I think we ought to fix the middleschool field and fix the high school field (which is fixable). It would be a lot cheaper and be better with scheduling conflicts. WE spent all the money on the field once just fix it. I am sure if they get a turf field someone will be bossing everybody around and not let all use it. It will only last 10-12 years then what? Fix what we got for less. The sports program is going downhill anyway. Nobody wants to play they would rather do drugs on a Friday night. They hire out of town coaches for basketball instead of keeping hometown boys here then they want us to do something for them? I dont think so. Think before you give. Lets have a good discussion about this.
My opinion

Fairmont, WV

#2 Jan 28, 2013
I am against it also. Fix what we have (which was brought up) Use the money on something else important. The drugs are taking over the schools use it on good drug programs. The theater programs , the music department none of the other programs ever thought of. There are other things in life besides sports you know. The footballs program and every sports programs went downhill in the last couple years anyways. We have a middleschool field that can be fixed to use. We have to replace it every 10 to 12 years. No way we can afford that.
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Really? First of all the GHS does need turf. Fixing the TCMS field would not fix the problem but that is another story. Too many sports on that field and its not Knights and Pop Warner that make the difference. Having turf would save alot of money like maint, paint, water, grass cutting and the list goes on. A independent person is paid to try and save that mud hole and cannot be done. And yeah take all of that away it would save money. And as far as fixing TCMS it has no facilities,. lights, bleachers and so on. Once again turf will still be cheaper (along with saving $). I wont even get into the subjuct about where the money needs to go because every function receives diff funds. As far as a drug program they got one. Its called parents, jail, and rehab. Cant fix stupid. So the first 2 opinions about this topic never really knew what they were talkin about so hopefully they know now.
My opinion

Fairmont, WV

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Use the 350,000 the board is giving to fix it way cheaper and it can be done. Someone came and said the high school could be fixed. For way less money. You are so misinformed about the drug se it's way out of parents control . We have more important things to think about than a freaking turf field. Grafton is 74 recent low income and we need a turf field come on,
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Fix it how? Too many sports on it. Like I said it will save the BOE money. Just add the annual pay of the guy who works on the field, the cost of paint, and the water per year. You do the math!
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#6 Jan 28, 2013
350,000 is money from a capital improvement grant money. If you only knew what they would save by what they are giving. Grafton is at its low income because some (not all) are just that damn lazy and want it just handed to them.
My opinion

Fairmont, WV

#7 Jan 28, 2013
It's from the board of education
Friends of youth

Grafton, WV

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Drugs are a problem, High Standards in the schools are a problem, Both teachers and parents are a problem. AND MCKINNEY FIELD is a problem. What can be done, lets look just these issues. Can you get bad teachers out of the school (NO). Will kids stop doing drugs(NO). Can you teacher bad parents to be good parents (I wish).

Turf McKinney field (yes) but don't stop there. Drug test the students that use the field. Raise the GPA to a 2.5 from a 2.0. Build a program (sports) that kids want to be a part of. Find a way to make change a good think a GHS.
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Great point but I think that somewhat of a solution would be to bring back the paddle. Alot of kids at GHS are just disrespectful pricks. You couldnt pay me enough to be a teacher now days. I do see why some teachers have attitudes. Not just saying that cause it is awful. Raise the GPA cause it will only help them toward college. But right turf the field cause there is no other answer.
No turf

Fairmont, WV

#10 Feb 3, 2013
Oh my god we don't need turf.sports is overated
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#11 Feb 3, 2013
What is this "we" stuff, do you got a frog in your pocket. Overated how and please explain because you must of nevet had a child play on that field before.
Insanity

Grafton, WV

#12 Feb 3, 2013
It is amazing at all the people who bitch and complain about how shitty Grafton is and then don't want to do anything to help make this town better. It's sad and I hope your children don't miss out on things because you all never want fix the problems.
Wow

Fairmont, WV

#13 Feb 21, 2013
No turf wrote:
Oh my god we don't need turf.sports is overated
Apparently academics are overrated too since you can't spell or use proper grammar.
Wow

Fairmont, WV

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Also, if anyone disagrees about the insertion of a turf field, they should have been at the "Friends of McKinney Field" meetings. The dates were clearly posted in the Mountain Statesman and on Facebook. You would have been able to actually voice your opinion instead of bitching behind a computer screen. What good is this doing? You're just making fools out of yourselves. If you want to actually make a difference, whether you agree or disagree with ANYTHING in this community, get off your couch and actually attempt to make a difference.
bearcat 87

Grafton, WV

#15 Mar 21, 2013
Now that they have collected 346,000 and the boe donated 350,000and they only needed 647,000 to turf the field. What is going to happen to the extra money that you have collected since it isn't needed for the turf. Bet that will be in somebody's pocket.
tax payer

Grafton, WV

#16 Mar 21, 2013
bearcat 87 wrote:
Now that they have collected 346,000 and the boe donated 350,000and they only needed 647,000 to turf the field. What is going to happen to the extra money that you have collected since it isn't needed for the turf. Bet that will be in somebody's pocket.
Well since you know all the figures I would have to say that it will go back to the BOE.

Since: Mar 13

Grafton, WV

#17 Mar 23, 2013
Grafton is the typical small hick town, church and sports are the only things that matter.
Neigborhood Dog

Grantville, PA

#18 Mar 23, 2013
Don't forget fraud and embezzlement ... church, football, fraud and embezzlement... feel free to use that slogan for a travel brochure.
Lol

United States

#19 Mar 23, 2013
Used to be able to add "slum landlords and crooks", but after Humes left we can remove that.....
Neighborhood Dog

United States

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Lol wrote:
Used to be able to add "slum landlords and crooks", but after Humes left we can remove that.....
That's funnny, you have slums and collapsing properties all over town... 7 story structures with huge areas of bricks fallen out that are for rent...and you believe that just cuz the city and county officials and their close asociates owns them they are suddenly not slums? Because that toad wayne beall turns a.blind eye for money that they are safe?

The whole town burning down just might be the best thing that could ever happen. I'm praying for you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the WVa State Police and BPD 10 min Tran-Allegheny Lu... 6
Fairmont PD throws rocks. 17 min ex coach 13
Little red car 1 hr Fish toco 3
Lynn Bird 2 hr Fairmonts Finest 8
Prosecuting Attorney Lecta Poling 2 hr she 10
Biggies 4 hr funny! 5
Cheers to CPD Officer Walker 8 hr Senator Alex Wein... 4
•••
•••

Flemington Jobs