New Sheetz in Clarksburg?

New Sheetz in Clarksburg?

Posted in the Flemington Forum

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 11, 2012
A good economic move, or more room for crime?

“stop it...you're embarrassing ”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 11, 2012
Why would Sheetz cause more crime? I think it's a good economic move myself, but it might put Go-Mart on 98 out of business, lol.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 12, 2012
AriesBratt wrote:
Why would Sheetz cause more crime? I think it's a good economic move myself, but it might put Go-Mart on 98 out of business, lol.
Not that Sheetz would cause more crime, but that it would be there for drug addicts & criminals to rob...It's not the best area.
smalltowngirl

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Nov 12, 2012
I think it's a great thing. The closest sheetz is in Bridgeport of course. Why should we have two and three go-mart's. The one up town is the one that is no good. Always seeing a drug deal going down at that place, and no good's and the prostitutes and their pimps hanging around. Maybe if the police would hang out there instead of bumming around or hiding they would get these damn people off the streets. Sheetz is better than go-mart anyways, lets up clarksburg can keep it clean and hire good employee's ...we will see, nothing suprises me in this damn town anymore.
Yummy

Clarksburg, WV

#5 Nov 12, 2012
I can't wait to have a MTO on this side of town!!

“stop it...you're embarrassing ”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 13, 2012
StuckInWV wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that Sheetz would cause more crime, but that it would be there for drug addicts & criminals to rob...It's not the best area.
I think it is a better spot then the Moose property that they were looking at. I think it will be a good thing, especially since they serve food. With Highland going in they will probably do a good business cause of the lack of resturants on that end of Clarksburg.

BTW.. Has anyone heard the rumor that the Clarksburg McDonalds is looking for a new location? The story I got is that they are wanting to relocateddue to the traffic congestion.
Barney Barnard

Providence, RI

#7 Nov 13, 2012
StuckInWV wrote:
A good economic move, or more room for crime?
having a sheetz in clarksburg will only be a good economic move if the people have their sheet together
Moved out of Cburg

Shinnston, WV

#8 Nov 13, 2012
AriesBratt wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW.. Has anyone heard the rumor that the Clarksburg McDonalds is looking for a new location? The story I got is that they are wanting to relocateddue to the traffic congestion.
I hadn't heard that but I hope its true. People don't care how much traffic they back up in order to get their McNuggets. I often see 3 of the 4 lanes at a standstill with the only one moving being the one closest to Kroger. If they must have it downtown they could move it to one of the one-way streets, at least then there would be no oncoming traffic to interfere with and people could go around them.
neverbridgeport lol

Ardsley, NY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
i think it is a shame "Go mart will suffer...support them not Sheetz. Although Sheetz economic studies must of showed that either there was room for two or they know more then we do ...maybe that area will grow ... hope so. Clarksburg need all the help it can get!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 18, 2012
Plenty of business there for both Sheetz and gomart to survive. Think how many people drive through that area going home or to work. The GoMart was avoided in most cases by those going South due to traffic issues. That problem will be solved by those customers going to sheetz. That gomart also tried to keep the gas a few cents higher than the going local price because they had no competition close by, those days are over. You will see a price war now on this corner. winner=consumer.

The new Highland Hospital will also draw new business for both.
bidabing

Buckhannon, WV

#11 Dec 6, 2012
I like Sheetz. It should be good for Clarksburg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does Deputy Carter have such a hard on for ... 2 min Wow 1
Catrina Anderson? (Jan '15) 3 min SayWha 6
Ashley 6 min Brandon 2
Kayla Sturm's? Brandon beverly?! 7 min Nosiy 8
Guess the Real PayupSucka 32 min Payupalex 2
Sarah sawitski 1 hr TruthSpiller 21
Sober Living house. 2 hr PayupSucka 42

Flemington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance