Hunterdon Hispanos reps, police, othe...

Hunterdon Hispanos reps, police, others speak at Flemington meeting...

There are 3 comments on the NJ.com story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Hunterdon Hispanos reps, police, others speak at Flemington meeting.... In it, NJ.com reports that:

With the Hunterdon Hispanos present as well as Police Chief George Becker, neighbors of Steve's Deli and other residents voiced their concerns about the day laborers at last night's special meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

jw concern for our town

Elizabeth, NJ

#1 Oct 1, 2010
We hve sat back and watch as this town councel has all but destroyed our town. We have no hotel or license to have a bar to town. We have illegal immgrates helping to increase the spiral effect of the deminished property values. We have police that would rather spend time at the other corner stores than police the illegal immgrants. Doesn't illegal mean breaking the law???? Don't we pay them to uphold the law? I see more cars at Steve's from more parts of our country that down the shore where people are actually vacationing. If there is a vehicle buying stuff at Steve's with out of state plates on it pull it over and I will bet they don't have a driver's license. What are illegal immigrants going to do report the police to the police??? The problem is we want to be nice..WHY?? They are abusing us and now it is time to stand up for ourselves. We need to remember who is on the town council and the Mayor of the town when election time comes around.
Oak

Sparta, NJ

#2 Oct 6, 2010
JW, agree with you, but... Doesn't matter who will run town, they can't do anything. It is FED and Congress. state and local hands strapped. You know what is going on in TX!?
What I propose, as multi-family owner in Flemington and who cannot vote in Flemington, is to look at ratio between sewer and water. I have 3 people in my appartments. Charge per QUARTER: water $60 Sewer $500. How about sending sewer bill to those who shelter ... in one house or apparment (can't say the number...) Look at their water and compare sewer bill.
November, Go vote!

"If it is for the interest of the public, than the public that has a stake in the interest should pay. OAK."
Oak

Sparta, NJ

#3 Oct 6, 2010
I also think, it's time to go together with Raritan Twp, looks like they doing something right and should save $.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Accident closes Amwell Road in Hillsborough Jun 2 snaker 1
St Michael Home for Chilren Alumni 1952-1975 (Feb '07) Jun 1 Patricia erbetta 163
Car break ins May '16 New to flemington 1
men in New Jersey who support registered sex of... (Oct '13) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 3
Review: Comfort Keepers (Oct '13) Feb '16 annbt19 7
News Unity Bank SBA Loan Funds New North Brunswick F... Feb '16 JANICE 1
News Clinton's New Jersey snipers dog Bernie in New ... Feb '16 Guest 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemington Mortgages