Vioxx claimants rush to join $4.85B s...

Vioxx claimants rush to join $4.85B settlement as deadline nears

There are 3677 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 14, 2008, titled Vioxx claimants rush to join $4.85B settlement as deadline nears. In it, Newsday reports that:

The volume of claims by Vioxx patients hoping to get a piece of a $4.85 billion settlement makes it appear likely that the deal will go forward, according to lawyers and drug maker Merck & Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 184
Next Last
Cokefield

Dallas, TX

#3828 Dec 27, 2010
Just got back from the Christmas holiday and the mailroom people drop a FedEx with a small check from Claims Adm. I thought that I had rec'd my full amount. Has anyone else gotten another unexpected check from the Claims Adm.?
IronLady

Fort Myers, FL

#3829 Jan 8, 2011
Eight days into January 2011. Now what is happening. Has everyone received their settlement or are they trying to recoup from the holidays? Looks like no one has anything to say since December 27.Merck must have got everyone paid off.
steve

Anonymous Proxy

#3830 Jan 9, 2011
IronLady wrote:
Eight days into January 2011. Now what is happening. Has everyone received their settlement or are they trying to recoup from the holidays? Looks like no one has anything to say since December 27.Merck must have got everyone paid off.
Did you get a bonus, cuz you gave your hubby a boner by rubbing his shaft?
fred brackett

United States

#3831 Jan 10, 2011
Butch wrote:
While significant numbers of Vioxx plaintiffs are being pressured by attorneys to agree (part of the settlement requires attorneys to recommend it to all their clients), many plaintiffs are not happy with it and don't intend to agree. They are discussing the settlement at a very active Yahoo group called "MerckSettlement". Only plaintiffs are allowed to join this group. Any plaintiffs who think this settlement offer is not very good should consider joining in the discussion!
i was screwed. i had 3 heart atacks and because i didnt have a stroke i got nothing..... this is bull,but i cant do anything about it now just dont settle for anything its your right to fight and do good luck to you all and i hope you all win something god bless
fred brackett

United States

#3832 Jan 10, 2011
hello, my name is f.brackett and they screwed me royaly. i had 4 heart attacks while taking vioxx and they said because i didnt have a stroke i was not to recieve anything. what bull,so to you all fight for your rights dont get screwed like i did i really dont understand why it happend but it did so i guess it wasnt meant to be so good luck to you all and god bless
MONEYBAGS

United States

#3833 Jan 10, 2011
Alright, just getting back from the holiday's,hope all well.Valentine's day is coming next, who has a couple extra dollar's for your freind! God Bless you all!!!
Pharmgirl

AOL

#3834 Jan 24, 2011
MONEYBAGS wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't remember you , who care's!!! So how many point's was your life worth???? That's what YOU settled for. Now because you won't give Vioxx Merck any money,how about me?
I may give you $2 to buy you a tube of superglue to glue your stupid mouth shut. You are a bag alright. You are so jealous. It's none of your business how many points I got. So there. Goodbye!
jackddddd

Flemington, NJ

#3835 Jan 27, 2011
hey
IronLady

Fort Myers, FL

#3836 Feb 19, 2011
Hi everyone, I just got out of the hospital a few days ago, after having 2 more heart attacks and conjestive heart condition and penumonia on top of all that, ended up from Jan. 14th till Feb. 11th in Tampa General again. got another stint and a block removed. seems that over the years my heart is starting to take on ware and tare. Vioxx is still doing it's thing in my body killing inch by inch and one organ at a time as it moves through out my system. Thee is no money in this world that can take the place of your health and as I am slowly dying from the toxic poisen, Merck gets off free and without prosecution. How can this be justice?? Now I am using a walker to steady my walk and oxygen to breath. I now have theropy everyother day and a nurse who comes everyother day to check my vitals. Maybe I will get better and most likely not. The lawyers got most of my settlement so now I am dependant on my family to help me out with the care I need.
karim

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#3837 Feb 20, 2011
in malaysia you can forget court action. we still use bare stents and surgeons are still allowed to practice if Hep B positive
steve

Las Vegas, NV

#3838 Feb 23, 2011
I got mine, but I was hoping for more after it's all over.
Journalist

New York, NY

#3839 Mar 1, 2011
Hello,

I'm a journalist for a national news organization who is working on a documentary about the way prescription drugs are approved and how potentially harmful ones make it to market. I am looking to speak with people whose lives were impacted by taking Vioxx or Ketek, or by a loved one taking Vioxx or Ketek. I am particularly interested in talking to people who remain physically impaired as a result of taking Vioxx or Ketek.

If you are interested in sharing your story with me, please email me at [email protected] I'll be pleased to give you further details about this project when we talk.

Thank you.
jessie fouts

United States

#3840 Mar 8, 2012
i was on the viox case, becouse i had a strock when i was on viox, well we are very low income and could not afford to go to to the docter, and becouse we did not go to a doc when i had the strock, the attorney droped me of the case.they get there pay off but i well not get nothing.
Ralph

Dell Rapids, SD

#3841 Mar 11, 2012
jessie fouts wrote:
i was on the viox case, becouse i had a strock when i was on viox, well we are very low income and could not afford to go to to the docter, and becouse we did not go to a doc when i had the strock, the attorney droped me of the case.they get there pay off but i well not get nothing.
If you didn't go to the hospital,how do you know you had a stroke? The lawyer dropped you because he didn't have any medical records to base your injuries on. He didn't get any money from your case,because there wasn't one. Sorry you didn't have any records to go back on.If you are poor,and have no health coverage, sign up for Medicaid.Hope you have a full recovery.
Bob in Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach, VA

#3842 May 7, 2012
So sad to report the death of Dick in Ohio. Damn Vioxx!
mel ott

AOL

#3843 May 7, 2012
no
yuneekblonde

Tampa, FL

#3844 Oct 9, 2012
bones - Dennis Harrison wrote:
WEll one thing, yes I am def. of the opinion that most of those law firms did indeed sell their clients down the river.....oh, yes, and the proof DOES EXIST....
<quoted text>
whats new?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 184
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Manville Zoning Board revisits cell phone towne... (Aug '10) Jun '17 Anonymous 5
St Michael Home for Chilren Alumni 1952-1975 (Feb '07) Jun '17 Patricia erbetts 180
News Fundraiser to benefit quadriplegic Manville man May '17 Sam 1
Review: Comfort Keepers (Oct '13) Apr '17 ABurke 8
Where is the gym? (Dec '16) Mar '17 lifter 2
Hillsborough wants to outsource our EMS services? Feb '17 DonR 1
News Manville residents angry over property taxes (Sep '16) Jan '17 Sam 2

Flemington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemington Mortgages