Animal Care&Surgical Center

Animal Care&Surgical Center

Posted in the Flemingsburg Forum

info needed

Morehead, KY

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Does anyone have any information on this place.I didn't know about it until a friend told me.Has anyone had their dog or cat there for treatment of any kind and have any opinions about it.Thanks in advance.
Cat Lover

Morehead, KY

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Where's it at?
info needed

Morehead, KY

#3 Jan 20, 2013
Cat Lover wrote:
Where's it at?
It is located on #32 between Flemingsburg and Morehead.I was needing info about it, but I found it on Facebook.Looks like a nice place and for sure needed.
waterbottle

Duluth, GA

#4 Jan 21, 2013
If you want a spay or neutor botched up they are good at that!
info

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Jan 21, 2013
I've only been there once. I took a stray cat in to be spayed. Dropped the cat off before work and picked her back up on my way home. They were very nice and the price was quite reasonable for a spay and shots. It was over a year ago but they really seemed to care about the animals and were happy to answer any questions, etc. with the owners that were there.

I believe they also helped with the care of those animals from the cruelty case in Morehead a while back.
love my furbabies

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Jan 22, 2013
I had my 3 dogs done there they r wonderful the young lady that took me back was so caring she explained everything to me the Dr, seemed very knowledgeable and was very tentative to my girls they have a good size staff which made me feel at ease to knowing someone was watching over them at all times was a relief I was very pleased with them and would recommend you stop in and see how passionate they are about animales
Sorry

Olive Hill, KY

#8 Jan 23, 2013
Did you do the autopsy?

If you didn't have an autopsy performed than you really have no idea what happened to your dog. Spaying is surgery and there are complications that can happen from any surgery. There are always risks associated with it. Unless you had a complete check up on the dog beforehand, you also don't know if she was completely healthy prior to the surgery. She could have had some unknown condition that would affect the results.

I'm not saying she did/didn't and I'm sorry that you lost your dog. However; to say they "butchered" your dog without knowing the actual cause (by doing an autopsy which you say they wanted to do) is unduly smearing the name of a place that wants to and has helped many animals.
just because they care

Morehead, KY

#10 Jan 23, 2013
Sorry for your loss, but you have no right to say they BUTCHERED your animal unless you know this 100% and without that autopsy that they offered you...they did their part and you did your part..the choice of not getting to the bottom of your pets loss of life..I have been there more than a few times with my pets and was very happy with the care, love and after care given to them..and then the call to check on the pets at home..What else would a pet owner ask for...for them to come and feed and 24 hr. care..be for real... it is a wonderful place who loves animals..
Sorry

Olive Hill, KY

#11 Jan 23, 2013
You are entitled to your opinion to not recommend them but not to make libelous statments. Without the autopsy, you do not know the bleeding was caused specifically by the vet/procedure as compared to some type of complication or even the dog somehow moving and causing a tear of something.

If she was bleeding such a high amount of blood she should have immediately been taken back to a vet. Any vet, as soon as possible. Which, I'm sure you know if you've had dogs spayed before. In my opinon, it was completely cruel for the animal to lie there for 2 days while bleeding to death and the responsibility is in the hands of the owner for not seeking further treatment.

It's horrible for something like this to happen when you are trying to do something good for the animal. I know of a horse that was taken to Rood & Riddle for colic surgery because he was so valued by his owners (not monetary, just loved that much). Thousands were spent on this surgery and despite the best care the horse ended up dying not long after. That does not mean the vet practice did anything wrong at all. Again, despite our best efforts, complications just sometimes arise.
waterbottle

Duluth, GA

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Ask the other vets in town how many surgeries they have had to correct of the 32 crew.
Stephanie Stamper

United States

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Sorry wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion to not recommend them but not to make libelous statments. Without the autopsy, you do not know the bleeding was caused specifically by the vet/procedure as compared to some type of complication or even the dog somehow moving and causing a tear of something.
If she was bleeding such a high amount of blood she should have immediately been taken back to a vet. Any vet, as soon as possible. Which, I'm sure you know if you've had dogs spayed before. In my opinon, it was completely cruel for the animal to lie there for 2 days while bleeding to death and the responsibility is in the hands of the owner for not seeking further treatment.
It's horrible for something like this to happen when you are trying to do something good for the animal. I know of a horse that was taken to Rood & Riddle for colic surgery because he was so valued by his owners (not monetary, just loved that much). Thousands were spent on this surgery and despite the best care the horse ended up dying not long after. That does not mean the vet practice did anything wrong at all. Again, despite our best efforts, complications just sometimes arise.
Thanks so much for your reply.
Stephanie Stamper

United States

#15 Jan 28, 2013
waterbottle wrote:
Ask the other vets in town how many surgeries they have had to correct of the 32 crew.
This is exactly what I thought it was. Please show some professionalism! Your name please?
Dead Dog

Maysville, KY

#16 Jan 28, 2013
Ms Stamper, your office was called on 2 different occasions after that surgery I mentioned previously. I called first and then my daughter called. I'll admit you or whoever it was that we spoke with were apologetic but when you offered another dog in her place that was insulting.

You speak of professionalism? I've seen your past posts on this forum and I find them to be very common. Getting on here trying to stir up a witch hunt over some kid shooting a dog was very infantile on your part. Follow your own advice. Be professional!

What happened with that incident was very angering and uncalled for but YOU as a professional should have taken the correct steps to report it without trying to destroy that family! Shame on you!

Once again I would not recommend your facility to any of my friends or acquaintances. I would suggest they use an established veterinarian clinic.

I'm sure you have satisfied clients, good for you! You don't have that in this situation sadly.

Now, if you want to continue this argument Ms Stamper, I can reply every time. I have been around animals my entire life, treated horses, cattle, cats, dogs, you know, just the everyday farm life. I recognized that was a botched surgery and have come to grips with the idea that you will continue to put the blame on the client instead of owning up to your mistake. I hope this NEVER happens to any of your other clients in the future. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

You have a great day.
Stephanie Stamper

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Dead Dog wrote:
Ms Stamper, your office was called on 2 different occasions after that surgery I mentioned previously. I called first and then my daughter called. I'll admit you or whoever it was that we spoke with were apologetic but when you offered another dog in her place that was insulting.
You speak of professionalism? I've seen your past posts on this forum and I find them to be very common. Getting on here trying to stir up a witch hunt over some kid shooting a dog was very infantile on your part. Follow your own advice. Be professional!
What happened with that incident was very angering and uncalled for but YOU as a professional should have taken the correct steps to report it without trying to destroy that family! Shame on you!
Once again I would not recommend your facility to any of my friends or acquaintances. I would suggest they use an established veterinarian clinic.
I'm sure you have satisfied clients, good for you! You don't have that in this situation sadly.
Now, if you want to continue this argument Ms Stamper, I can reply every time. I have been around animals my entire life, treated horses, cattle, cats, dogs, you know, just the everyday farm life. I recognized that was a botched surgery and have come to grips with the idea that you will continue to put the blame on the client instead of owning up to your mistake. I hope this NEVER happens to any of your other clients in the future. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
You have a great day.
You would take sides with a yound man who tortured a beagle, took pictures which I have shown as proof on my FB, and bragged about it? Peope need to know what goes on with those around us. This family flat lied about this insidence until teh pics I had were seen by everyone along with his words. Whats next, him raping, another school killing? When is it not ok?

And I am still waiting for your name, mine is on here. I am betting you are aclose relative to a certain veterinarian right herein Fleming. Am I wrong?

I am not one for wanting a fight, but we work hard to do everything in our power to ensure teh safety of all our patients and to be there for tehm in case of any concerns or complications. I will not sat here while people make up lies about my staff and my clinic. We love what we do and we love our patients! And we wil do thsi forever if that is what you would like. I do not have a lot of time to devote to a site that has people who pass false allegations and hide behind a computer, but I will be here to tell the truth and whole story with all facts to back it up. Are you sure you want to open this can of worms? I know who yo8u are and its not going to look good. I am trying to give you the benefit of having enough class to leave us be. We have never done anything to you or your family's clinic. I want to stay a lady but if you insist on the readers getting allteh facts, well, ok. You talked me into it. But, lets do it face to face in front of others, not on here.
Dead Dog

Maysville, KY

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Well Ms Stamper like the dead dog you are dead wrong once again. I do not know the people YOU named on this site. Your so called professionalism is and has been very undesirable. Your first post on the beagle matter as I recall you accused the wrong person and had that been me, there would have been charges brought against you. What that teenager did I DO NOT and WOULD NOT let that go without reporting it and following up on it until something legally was done, so your accusations towards me would be laughable if the crime weren't so heinous. From your past posts you do not seem to be the brightest bulb, if you know what I mean?

I am not related to any veterinarian in Fleming County and whether you believe it or not I have never used one from that area other than that one time at your business and we know how that turned out.

I do not know you and frankly don't want to know you. I am not a liar and what I had to say was the honest truth.

Funny, you brought up the fact that you are so busy you have no time to spend online but yet you have time to spew your venom here and on your Facebook page? Big hairy deal.

One more thing, just for future reference? On your next ridiculous post please use spell check? That last one was a bit difficult to cipher.

Once again, have a nice day!
Stephanie Stamper

Versailles, KY

#19 Jan 29, 2013
Dead Dog wrote:
Well Ms Stamper like the dead dog you are dead wrong once again. I do not know the people YOU named on this site. Your so called professionalism is and has been very undesirable. Your first post on the beagle matter as I recall you accused the wrong person and had that been me, there would have been charges brought against you. What that teenager did I DO NOT and WOULD NOT let that go without reporting it and following up on it until something legally was done, so your accusations towards me would be laughable if the crime weren't so heinous. From your past posts you do not seem to be the brightest bulb, if you know what I mean?
I am not related to any veterinarian in Fleming County and whether you believe it or not I have never used one from that area other than that one time at your business and we know how that turned out.
I do not know you and frankly don't want to know you. I am not a liar and what I had to say was the honest truth.
Funny, you brought up the fact that you are so busy you have no time to spend online but yet you have time to spew your venom here and on your Facebook page? Big hairy deal.
One more thing, just for future reference? On your next ridiculous post please use spell check? That last one was a bit difficult to cipher.
Once again, have a nice day!
Still wish you would give us all your name. But,I guess that alone says it all.
Guess no reason to continue these pointless conversations.
Oh, yes, almost forgot! Say hi to little Sadie! Megan said she was pretty spry for a dog that had bled to death! LOL
Still amazes me at how low someone will go for a free spay.

Sinse we do not have time to waste, I advise you to come see me in person if you have any further allegations. This hiding at home behind a computer is pretty boring and gets neither of us anywhere.

Good luck to you!!
Dead Dog

Maysville, KY

#20 Jan 29, 2013
FYI Ms Stamper, the dogs name WASN'T Sadie and the spay WASN'T free.

Your office charged over $100 to do what they did.

Hind sight is always 20/20. Had I known then what I know now this would never had happened.

I'm glad you've finally decided that this conversation is useless. You're going to defend your business and good for you! That still doesn't change the fact of what really happened.

Stop grasping at straws and making false accusations about other people, that's my advice to you Ms Stamper.

Thank you for your kind words and have a great night!
Bulldog mix tape

Morehead, KY

#21 Jan 29, 2013
$100? For a discount spay or neuter? That's $10 more than Dr. Gilliam and Dr. Vice charge at FLEMING COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL.

I have had excellent luck with FLEMING COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL.

In fact I would recommend FLEMING COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL to anyone.
Stephanie Stamper

United States

#23 Jan 30, 2013
Bulldog mix tape wrote:
$100? For a discount spay or neuter? That's $10 more than Dr. Gilliam and Dr. Vice charge at FLEMING COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL.
I have had excellent luck with FLEMING COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL.
In fact I would recommend FLEMING COUNTY ANIMAL HOSPITAL to anyone.
Exactley! We just recently became a full service animal hospital, and only then, if the dog weighs over 100lbs, would it cost that much for an alter! And I agree, Flemings Dr. Gillum and Dr. Vice are very good people and veterinarians as well. I have use dthem in teh past before we opened our clinic, always very happy with them! Nice folks!
just because they care

Dahlonega, GA

#27 Feb 11, 2013
Well all the words from her mouth wont change anything...the clinic is and always will be a caring and loving and SAFE place to bring your pets...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you deal with your man? 4 hr Fender1989 3
Jennifer Hamm 7 hr jonesyboy 4
jeff saylor 9 hr chomp 4
Video solution 9 hr woah 3
William burton (Sep '14) 10 hr haha 11
jason hickerson (Jul '14) 10 hr haha 3
Robert weller (Jun '13) 10 hr yep 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemingsburg Mortgages