TV tired

Morehead, KY

#1 Sep 7, 2011
Anyone out there install antennas? Looking to reduce monthly bills and quit satellite tv.
just sayin

Drakesboro, KY

#2 Sep 30, 2011
TV tired wrote:
Anyone out there install antennas? Looking to reduce monthly bills and quit satellite tv.
Just go buy a converter box and do it yourself
Retard

Lexington, KY

#3 Feb 9, 2013
TO get all the channels you need a LOOOONG antenna with a rotor about 30 feet above any objects like your car that move around because it reflects or bounces the signal. A "booster" won't help much unless it is on that goes on the antenna and plugs into the house for power. Needs to be adjustable.
go to

Olive Hill, KY

#4 Feb 10, 2013
oldtimer

Morehead, KY

#5 Feb 10, 2013
I have the one that is listed as "Top Seller" in the above post. When I ordered it I actually thought I was throwing money away but it is surprisingly good. Built in rotor and booster. I get 19 local channels with it. And before anyone asks, I do not live on a mountain top, actually in a valley.
oldtimer

Morehead, KY

#6 Feb 10, 2013
CORRECTION ON LAST POST! I have the one marked strongest range, and I found it online for $29.95 on ebay.
Retard

Lexington, KY

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Glad that it works for you but I would bet that a longer antenna with way more elements would bring in twice the channels if mounted with a rotor at ~33feet above the ground and yep you'd spend $200 plus your labor for the, antenna, amp, rotor, coax, pipe. You would get, several market stations not on DISH or cable, from Cincinnati Lexington and maybe Huntington / Portsmouth. On certain evenings or twilight & mornings you might scan in Dayton or other channels from Louisville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Johnson 1 hr Tango 10
"Wisdom" better than Jesus Christ? 1 hr john316 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Butthead 174,971
Uptown Whorehouse 3 hr Wow 4
JC auto deals the staff and the owner? 3 hr Fester 9
Jennifer Cox Wed Pathetic 3
Prom - Wonderful event Apr 22 Enjoying my evening 1

Flemingsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Flemingsburg Mortgages