TV tired

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Anyone out there install antennas? Looking to reduce monthly bills and quit satellite tv.
just sayin

Flemingsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

TV tired wrote:
Anyone out there install antennas? Looking to reduce monthly bills and quit satellite tv.
Just go buy a converter box and do it yourself
Retard

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

TO get all the channels you need a LOOOONG antenna with a rotor about 30 feet above any objects like your car that move around because it reflects or bounces the signal. A "booster" won't help much unless it is on that goes on the antenna and plugs into the house for power. Needs to be adjustable.
go to

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

oldtimer

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

I have the one that is listed as "Top Seller" in the above post. When I ordered it I actually thought I was throwing money away but it is surprisingly good. Built in rotor and booster. I get 19 local channels with it. And before anyone asks, I do not live on a mountain top, actually in a valley.
oldtimer

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

CORRECTION ON LAST POST! I have the one marked strongest range, and I found it online for $29.95 on ebay.
Retard

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Glad that it works for you but I would bet that a longer antenna with way more elements would bring in twice the channels if mounted with a rotor at ~33feet above the ground and yep you'd spend $200 plus your labor for the, antenna, amp, rotor, coax, pipe. You would get, several market stations not on DISH or cable, from Cincinnati Lexington and maybe Huntington / Portsmouth. On certain evenings or twilight & mornings you might scan in Dayton or other channels from Louisville.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Flemingsburg Discussions

Search the Flemingsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Randy A. 17 min Amy 14
Missy slack brown (Jul '13) 27 min Vex 30
Randy A 30 min Apples 3
brenda (Mar '09) 34 min Wow 7
Brenda Gray (Jan '11) 36 min Wow 28
blue dodge charger driver 45 min Steve 2
Dakota Baker 46 min Cesar 2
•••
•••