First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

Drakesboro, KY

#1 Feb 20, 2012
wondering why Ewing teachers are so mean to the students. Has anyone else had any problems with this ?
momma

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Feb 21, 2012
All my children have gone to Ewing school. And the teachers were never mean to them. They have always talked about how much they like their teachers. Especially kim wallingford and Lori throckmorton. Excellent ladies and teachers .
Think so

Olive Hill, KY

#3 Feb 21, 2012
Really wrote:
wondering why Ewing teachers are so mean to the students. Has anyone else had any problems with this ?
I think the students are not treated equally. I think some are able to get by with stuff and are picked for the best parts in plays and are teachers helpers because of who their parents are. The other students know what is goin on.
smile

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2012
Just found out that the principal and deputy interrogated students individually without parental consent. I am pretty sure that is not legal especially since they are underage.
momma

United States

#5 Feb 23, 2012
What does that consist of? I hate to sound stupid. But I don't get it??
smile

United States

#6 Feb 23, 2012
Apparently something was stolen from another student so they interrogated the fifth grade class
with stupid

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Feb 23, 2012
I highly doubt anyone was 'interrogated'. However, even if they were, neither the US constitution, nor the KY Statutes give parents or juveniles the right to parental presence during questioning, whether custodial or not, unless the juvenile asks for it.

You could have tried Google at the very least, since natural intelligence appears to have failed you. But before you go touting rights violations and illegal actions, you should educate yourself on the Constitution (federal law), and state laws.
Agree

Detroit, MI

#8 Feb 23, 2012
I do think some kids are treated different then others and it's wrong!
humble

Alto, GA

#9 Mar 1, 2012
We are so lucky to have such a group of caring teachers. Yes there has been problems with the school, bet you never went to a school where you are searched before you can enter the school. Those teacher all care and are in touch with children's parents as they need to. Maybe a situation was handled a little differently, but if someone stole something, the children should have co operated with the school all of the kids are close as there are small class rooms and I think all the students are treated well. If I had a child that was any where near something stolen, I would want them to assist in any way to solve a problem even if it meant a search. We are not lucky enough to have security and I think they do well to keep our children protected and teach them as they do. And we are lucky to have a principal that cares. She is there if you ever need her.
atty

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Mar 2, 2012
with stupid wrote:
I highly doubt anyone was 'interrogated'. However, even if they were, neither the US constitution, nor the KY Statutes give parents or juveniles the right to parental presence during questioning, whether custodial or not, unless the juvenile asks for it.
You could have tried Google at the very least, since natural intelligence appears to have failed you. But before you go touting rights violations and illegal actions, you should educate yourself on the Constitution (federal law), and state laws.
Just ask Chief sergent why he got suspended! I am pretty sure he tried the same thing at high school!!
truth

Olive Hill, KY

#11 Mar 10, 2012
the way i see it they done what they should have done.the parents have not thought these children that sealing is wronge so the teachers and deputies had better or this parent will really have something to complain about when this child ends up in jail.bet if someone was stealing from this parent they would be call the law real fast.
moe

Olive Hill, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2012
stealing is wronge any way you look at it.they done what should of been done this just might have thought this child a lesson that the parent must think is o.k. because they must not have tought this child that stealing is wronge.and then get on here and complain about how someone else is mean or wronge for the way it was handled.this is what is wronge with the world to day.and why we have so much stealing going on.maybe this parent should thank this teacher and deputy for a lesson well tought.and hope there child learned from this. before they are an adult and end up in jail for a long time.
educate yourself

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 11, 2012
If I am not mistaken nothing was stolen after all. The item in question that was reported stolen was eventually found in the child's own binder. A big to do over something that wound up being a misplaced item.
Hummm

Drakesboro, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2012
educate yourself wrote:
If I am not mistaken nothing was stolen after all. The item in question that was reported stolen was eventually found in the child's own binder. A big to do over something that wound up being a misplaced item.
Yep,thats what happened
I think not

Grayson, KY

#15 Nov 4, 2012
i feel everybody needs to stop claiming that deputy Orem didnt question the 5th grade children. as i will assure you that DID happen. my child was indeed questioned against his/her will.i will tell you exactly what REALLY happened: during class at the end of the day, deputy Orem(mall cop)..burst in the door prancing around like he is FBI. he came in with his poker face; scolding all these young children and practically dragged about six children out of class straight to the princapals office for questioning.he then ask them multiple questions,far to complex for the FIFTH grade to even understand.Nervoulsy,the children procceded to answer these very harsh questions that deputy Orem(like i said,the mall cop) kept spitting out.then alas, the mall cop's very own son; JT Orem(dont even get me started on that brat) was questioned. he wasnt really questioned.they probably were talking about the footbal game bacause he came out of the princapals office laughing while recieving a pat on the back by his laughing father. of course the mall cop believed his precious son didnt do anything.Biased? I think so.and as even said above;she just put the IPod in the back of her binder so she could bring it to school behind the teachers backs so they wouldnt see it, well even SHE couldnt see it so she threw a fit and told the princapal someone had stolen it, no doubt about it.the mall cop even said to the students that if they were too embarresed to return it infront of everyone,that they could drop it off in the cafeteria by 3:00. before "things would get dirty" claimed the most annoying cop ever.ewing school is such a joke.
Useless

United States

#16 Nov 4, 2012
Who cares that was last year
Cry Baby Cry

Centreville, MD

#17 Nov 4, 2012
Mr Orem has been nothing but good to the kids.
Parent

United States

#18 Nov 4, 2012
I have a child at Ewing school. I like the teachers. I can't wait until the kids get a new school but the majority of the teachers are great. As pp said...this happened the last school year. Why bring it up again?! All kids can be bad. If Deputy Orem treated the kids so badly, how are you any better blasting his on this trashy site?!@ I think not
Parent

United States

#19 Nov 4, 2012
Funny thing we check her binder & it wasn't in there until the next day. Some ppl r jealous
panty waste

Dahlonega, GA

#20 Nov 4, 2012
I think not wrote:
i feel everybody needs to stop claiming that deputy Orem didnt question the 5th grade children. as i will assure you that DID happen. my child was indeed questioned against his/her will.i will tell you exactly what REALLY happened: during class at the end of the day, deputy Orem(mall cop)..burst in the door prancing around like he is FBI. he came in with his poker face; scolding all these young children and practically dragged about six children out of class straight to the princapals office for questioning.he then ask them multiple questions,far to complex for the FIFTH grade to even understand.Nervoulsy,the children procceded to answer these very harsh questions that deputy Orem(like i said,the mall cop) kept spitting out.then alas, the mall cop's very own son; JT Orem(dont even get me started on that brat) was questioned. he wasnt really questioned.they probably were talking about the footbal game bacause he came out of the princapals office laughing while recieving a pat on the back by his laughing father. of course the mall cop believed his precious son didnt do anything.Biased? I think so.and as even said above;she just put the IPod in the back of her binder so she could bring it to school behind the teachers backs so they wouldnt see it, well even SHE couldnt see it so she threw a fit and told the princapal someone had stolen it, no doubt about it.the mall cop even said to the students that if they were too embarresed to return it infront of everyone,that they could drop it off in the cafeteria by 3:00. before "things would get dirty" claimed the most annoying cop ever.ewing school is such a joke.
Hey, f*ckhead, all that's true because you were there, right? No, so shut the f*ck up.

I bet you wouldn't say any of that to Orem or his wife personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jordan hickerson 1 hr Madison 2
Flemingsburg police 2 hr Hmmm 3
eric arrasmith Sun pathetic 8
michelle thompson Sat christman 30
Shae Henderson Sat Tdoyle 2
Kyle boswell Sat Llcj 1
William Atkins May 27 Cummins man 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemingsburg Mortgages