grandparents raising
why

Tucker, GA

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Why is it so many grandparents are having to raise their grandchildren? To many ppl out there are just handing their kids over and not raising them theirself. Wth? You had them, be a parent! Quit thinking of yourself! Your parents did their job,(evidently not a great job. But they did it) now you do yours. You owe it to your kids and the grandparents. You want to rip and run and expect the grandparents to take care of your kids. Then come tax time your all about claiming the kids then. Wake up! Be a responsible parent! Your kids need you! They've done nothing wrong. They're kids!
Sam

Worton, MD

#2 Jan 11, 2013
For many its a scam..they sign kids over to grandparents so they can get food stamps and a checks on the kids,and they all live off it....
why

Tucker, GA

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
For many its a scam..they sign kids over to grandparents so they can get food stamps and a checks on the kids,and they all live off it....
Im not surprised. Most of the ppl I've seen that have the grandparents raise their kids, are just too lazy to do anything. They just want drugs, alcohol, and a check or want to live of someone else's hard earned money.
lol

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2013
o really who u talking about
well

United States

#5 Jan 14, 2013
lol wrote:
o really who u talking about
Anyone that's having someone else raise their children!
Mamaw

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Isn't it good that grandparents are able and willing to raise their grandchildren.? What would happen to the children if parents aren't able, willing, capable available to raise their on? Better grandparents than strangers or foster . That's my thoughts...
why

United States

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Never said anything bad about grandparents.
mamaw

Vilonia, AR

#8 Jan 14, 2013
I'm raising my 4 grandchildren my son in law was killed in a car crash my daughter has brain damage because her head went thru the windshield I had to choose foster home or me so it was me so don't be so quick to judge people unless know them or why they do what they do I love my grandchildren and would never give them up
why

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2013
There are some cases where there is no choice but fir the grandparents to raise the kids. But in most cases around here. Its just piece of crap parents. Plain and simple
Mamaw

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Maybe you know of such instances where the parent/s is/are not fit or don't care or care more about themselves-but is it wise to put the majority in your term'piece of crap'. You don't know the details-so don't judge everyone by the same cover.
mamaw

Vilonia, AR

#11 Jan 14, 2013
I don't know who posted under mamaw it wasn't this mamaw but like I said I'm raising my grand kids because my daughter is in rehab center learning to speak and walk talk and to remember her name there father died in the accident so I could have let the state have them but why would I these are my flesh and blood yea I'm sure there are people who just don't want to raise there kids and the grandparent s step up and do it but isn't that better then foster homes I just don't think you should judge because you never know what might be going on with someone
Drop It

Commerce, GA

#12 Jan 16, 2013
My Grandma is really sick right now. Seeing this post really makes me mad. I give anything if my grandma can raise my kids. Parents these days only know how to party, work, or just lay around. Grandparents are more expeirenced.. So let's drop this topic, and hope that my Grandma gets better..
I send all my love to all The Grandparents out there..
try this

United States

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Name some of the useless parents you are talking about. Maybe if they get the spotlight put in them. They might wake up and realizes their children need them.
Mamaw

Grayson, KY

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Lets not put names-it only hurts the children. Almost everyone knows of someone who is a grandparent raising grandchildren-for a variety of reasons, so no need for names. Leave the children alone!
Gramps

Alto, GA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Thank god that there's grandparents to raise kids-what would happen to them. I'll tell you foster homes-and most foster parents just do it for money.
stanton girl

London, KY

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Gramps wrote:
Thank god that there's grandparents to raise kids-what would happen to them. I'll tell you foster homes-and most foster parents just do it for money.
you are so right gramps thank god for mamaw and papas my mama didn't want me when I was 3 she so my grandparents took me to keep me from foster care and I had a safe happy childhood from that time on out till I was grown my grandpa has past but I still have mamaw and I cherish her I make sure she has everything she needs or wants and I did the same with my papaw before we lost him I know it was hard on them to raise me but I tried to make them proud of me and I am sure proud of them I have a good life because these 2 wonderful people stood up for me when I was just a baby and had no one so I think granny's & grandpas are special angels from heave
answer

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Jan 27, 2013
My grandmother raised 2 of her grandchildren from birth. there mom was not capable of raising children just laying on her back and making them. as angry as this made the family. we all pulled together and these kids actually got the chance at life they would have never had with there biological mother. These kids are lucky to have grandparents that took them in, it kept them out of the system that so many kids are lost and forgotten in. may god bless all the grandparents who take that responsibility. without them all these kids would be in a far worse situation.
amen

Manchester, KY

#18 Jan 27, 2013
answer wrote:
My grandmother raised 2 of her grandchildren from birth. there mom was not capable of raising children just laying on her back and making them. as angry as this made the family. we all pulled together and these kids actually got the chance at life they would have never had with there biological mother. These kids are lucky to have grandparents that took them in, it kept them out of the system that so many kids are lost and forgotten in. may god bless all the grandparents who take that responsibility. without them all these kids would be in a far worse situation.
you are so right godbless the grandparent s who step up for these children
SO SAD

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Feb 27, 2013
I raise my grandchild because his mother is unable to do it due to health problems, but she does anything she can for him, and they have a good relationship, but if she was able he would be liveing with her.So please dont be so quick to judge people when you dont know the whole storey.May Gods Blessings be with us all.
Grandparent

Worton, MD

#20 Feb 28, 2013
I am a grandparent...and i have raised my kids..so dont bring the little poop factories to me to raise..you have them...you raise them...or put them in a foster home..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beaver and tit pics 41 min John 1
who got arrested at the high school on tuesday 16 hr Haha 14
Tinnerman Fri Laptop 10
Ken's New Market Donuts Thu Becky 10
Ashley McCord Sep 20 ....... 2
Drug heads Sep 20 grow up 3
high school Sep 20 gf 2

Flemingsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance