drugs in fleming county
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2012
What will it take for the Police of Fleming county to get this drug problem under control? Will it cost of the lives of children?
scraggly squirrel

Winder, GA

#2 Feb 25, 2012
The war on drugs is virtually impossible to win. It's a war that needs to be fought, no less, but it is just not practical to get ahead.

One reason is because the thought process of the citizens, such as what you just demonstrated. You leave it up to the police to fight this war. News flash, the police can't do it alone. To have a chance in the war on drugs, the police require the assistance of the citizens.

How can you assist? Be courageous enough to report any and all suspicious and/or illegal activity you witness. Also, don't even wait to witness something, report tips before the fact. If you hear or suspect that someone is using or dealing, report it.

Another requirement to even have a chance in this war, would be stricter laws, consequences, programs, and requirements from the government. Way too many criminals are only guilty of using drugs or dealing drugs. Even though that's all they're guilty of, and even if they aren't violent, they still affect and destroy tons of lives. This is what needs to be taken into account when developing consequences for these individuals. The days of when a dealer is convicted and only faces minimal consequences should be long gone. At a minimum, users of serious drugs (cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.) should get 10-20 in the federal pen, WITHOUT a chance of parole before 10. There should also be no suspended terms or any other leniencies. Dealers should get 20-life, with no leniency before 20. This should be for first offenders. Repeat offenders should get even harsher punishment, up to and including death.

Also, those on ANY form of public assistance or government aid should be the people with the closest surveillance from the government. This means REQUIRED drug testing, with random testing 2-3 times a month. Also, if an individual is or becomes a convicted felon, they should immediately and for the rest of their lives be unable to get assistance of any kind. After all, it's the government's/taxpayer's money, wouldn't you want a very tight grip on it?

Another thing we need more of is responsibly armed citizens. Everyone who is smart and responsibly enough to be armed needs to get a CCDW and carry 24/7. This should be a duty!

Imagine if these suggestions became reality. Do you know how much crime rates and drug use would go down? More people would be forced to become part of the work force and actually benefit society. The ones who still refuse wouldn't last long, they'd be forced to either become good citizens and work, starve and die, or continue their criminal activities until they cross an armed citizen, and die. Win-win-win.

This will never happen though, because the average citizen is lazy and retarded, and cries big brother anytime the government attempts to improve the overall living conditions of the citizenry.
concerned

United States

#3 Feb 26, 2012
Well I actually agree with you. But it seems like alot of drug users just get a slap on the wrist!! I for one have seen it time and time again. And believe it or not, I do my part to help. But they are out of users and dealets that get out of jail in a heartbeat. Why don't they throw the book at them the first time and maybe it would cut down on repeat offenders!!
knowledge

Olive Hill, KY

#4 Mar 2, 2012
concerned wrote:
Well I actually agree with you. But it seems like alot of drug users just get a slap on the wrist!! I for one have seen it time and time again. And believe it or not, I do my part to help. But they are out of users and dealets that get out of jail in a heartbeat. Why don't they throw the book at them the first time and maybe it would cut down on repeat offenders!!
hey, the drug trade should be getting smaller after Roy gray got busted. He has been doin it for years
about

Morehead, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2012
why you want that snake in the grass for
How Lucky

United States

#7 Mar 8, 2012
about wrote:
Whynn
How Lucky

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2012
about wrote:
Why do you call him a snake in the grass. Serious give me a example
Yes sir

Milford, OH

#10 Aug 5, 2012
When we stop spending thousands prosecuting petty possession and go after the real dealers. Hint your not gonna find these people on the hill or walking the sidewalks. As we have seen in the news there people with college degrees and business savee. Addicts arent the dealers these kids need help and treatment they have a disease. Oh when will our judicial system catch up with the rest of the country.? When our courtroom isnt ran, and sentencing carried our by the prosecutors maybe?
disturbed

Cleveland, GA

#11 Aug 5, 2012
Something is wrong with the system when a buyer gets hard time and the dealer (teacher/preacher) gets a slap on the wrist and a few months probation. The sentence should have been reversed. Not that I am standing up for the user, but what is it telling the young people when they see someone who is supposed to be a leader in a church and a teacher dealing and then almost getting a free pass!!!!!
blah blah blah

Morehead, KY

#12 Aug 7, 2012
All the shit needs to just be legalized and done with it! Its gonna happen one way or the other whether its legal or not. If it were legal we could treat it just like alcohol which IS a drug also. There would be no more shady ass dealers and dirty cops getn rich from it. It could all be taxed and lord knows with the national deficit it would be the only thing to get us out of it, but oh no we are just gonna keep spending millions and millions on trying to stop something that is impossible to stop! Its suppose to be a free damn country. If dumbass ppl wanna use and OD then so be it, thats one more person u people wont have to bitch about anymore and if you disagree then stop complaining about how they should all be locked up, either you are for them or against them. I think it is f****** rediculous to put ppl in prison for drugs and end up getting more time than rapists and murderers get! 10-20! STUPID! freakn stupid, there are killers that get less time. This nation will never survive and have a booming economy again because we waste so much money trying to stop this crap instead of just taxing it and using it for something good! I agree, I hate drugs, HATE HATE HATE! them, but there are too many users and too many crooked cops, and too much bullshit to fight it, its a losing battle!
You have a point

Olive Hill, KY

#13 Aug 7, 2012
I absolutely agree with ur post, all they worry about is catching drug deals anymore instead of people actually getting hurt out here. At least users are only hurting themselves and not somebody else. It should be legal, they are prescribed to people and alcohol kills more than any drug in the world but yet they legalize it before drugs? Give me a break! There's too many people in jail right now because of drugs and it's not because they are just using but getting caught with it or trafficking the drugs. It would save alot of time and money if they would just make it legal, tax it, and let people be with their medication. That's why we have so many deaths now and it's not from the dangers of it, it's because they won't leave them the hell alone and therefore they rebel against it.
wow

Olive Hill, KY

#14 Aug 8, 2012
People dies every day from drugs and I don't want my kids on them and I hope all the drug dealers get busted or dies for been so damn dumb.
parent

Morehead, KY

#15 Aug 9, 2012
There should be a check on all school employees regularly and witout warning. School would be a good place for seling these drugs. Don't laugh, it happens! I am not sending my child to school to have him pick up a drug habit. We shoud organize a school watch, something like a neighborhood watch. Report all, and I mean all, suspicious activity. First of all, we should demand they get rid of te board member, who got picked up, once or was it twice, for suspicion of drugs. I am not saying he was guilty, don't know the man, but I believe I would step down.
wow

Olive Hill, KY

#16 Aug 9, 2012
parent wrote:
There should be a check on all school employees regularly and witout warning. School would be a good place for seling these drugs. Don't laugh, it happens! I am not sending my child to school to have him pick up a drug habit. We shoud organize a school watch, something like a neighborhood watch. Report all, and I mean all, suspicious activity. First of all, we should demand they get rid of te board member, who got picked up, once or was it twice, for suspicion of drugs. I am not saying he was guilty, don't know the man, but I believe I would step down.
Wow

Amen
what

United States

#20 Dec 26, 2012
omg theres drugs in fleming county!!!!!!u gotta be kidding
answer

Tucker, GA

#21 Dec 26, 2012
what wrote:
omg theres drugs in fleming county!!!!!!u gotta be kidding
I know I'm shocked too! lol
mr obvious

United States

#23 Dec 27, 2012
if you wanna make a dent in the drug world. one of the problems are the RATS! Quit letting druggies rat on other druggies just to get out of trouble. its stupid to arrest one just to let his buddy out that ratted. we gain nothing. It just boils down to the rats are doing cops job for them. make them do their time, then get back out and do cop qork to get another. eventually u will get to ppl who count. it should not be allowed to rat and not pay for the laws they broke
pinkpanther

United States

#24 Dec 28, 2012
the rats are the biggest druggies of all!!!they spend $$ they make 2 get high but look at it this way they did get a pisher off the street 4 a lil while for u drug haters
Jolen

Irvine, KY

#27 Dec 29, 2012
parent wrote:
Just so you know if they are taking prescription drugs, and that is the biggest problem, they won't be detected. The test will come back neg. because the person has a prescription. Does not matter who prescribed them (drug clinic) or how many they are taking it will still say neg if they have a prescription.
sumtingwong

Clarkesville, GA

#28 Dec 29, 2012
If you know all of this,surely the police know.Wouldn't you agree?So what is wrong with this picture?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud Trucks 1 hr Username 6
New Coach 19 hr Board 4
Ewing Jul 20 mom 1
need job Jul 19 tina 1
water hauler Jul 18 bill 2
need a place Jul 4 Mobile home 2

Flemingsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemingsburg Mortgages