Flatwoods Water Problems

Flatwoods Water Problems

Posted in the Flatwoods Forum

Have Had Enough

Ashland, KY

#1 Mar 30, 2012
I'm sure by now that if you're a resident of Flatwoods, you've gotten notice that your water contains above acceptable levels of TTHM. Basically, TTHM is $hit! We moved to Flatwoods 3 years ago and this is the 4th time we've received this notice, which by law, they have to provide to residents who are at risk. Above levels of TTHM can result in liver, kidney or nervous system damage over a prolonged period of time. My guess is that 3 years is prolonged. My question is this, "Why hasn't anything been done to correct this problem?" It's time for our lazy, fat ass elected officials to get off their ass and get this taken care of. Our rates keep going up, but the problems get worse. Something isn't adding up here!
welcome to flatwoods

Ironton, OH

#2 Mar 30, 2012
welcome to flatwoods, i have had enough as well but what can a person do? except vote em out of there, dont get me started but this is how i feel, i found this website in the ashland daily independent www.goooh.com and i truly believe we should clear em all out and start over. i been here 22 yrs and i have had so many of those letters i dont really bother to read them anymore. the prices do keep getting higher.
FYI

Ashland, KY

#3 Mar 30, 2012
For those of you that aren't aware, Flatwoods gets its water from Ashland. They have no control over it since they don't have a water treatment plant. Ashland sends out the same letters.
Flatwoodsperiod

Whitney, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2012
I dont care where they get their water, it DOES NOT pass inpection and I think it is time to move to a higher level to attempt to fix this problem. I personally know several people that cannot keep a heating element in their hot water heaters because of the calcium build up burning them up, eventually ruining them way before thier time due to so much calcium laying in the bottom of the tank. God help you if you actually drink the water. It doesnt matter if they get their water from Ashland or California, it is thier job to ensure that it is safe and they are not doing that. It is obvious that they have no intentions of fixing it because I have received many of these letters myself throughout the years. They wont fix thier piping problems either. They have sewer backing up everywhere and try to blame the homeowners when they have already had their plumbing checked. Been there and seen it with many people. After all, if I only made 9.00 an hour working for the city, I wouldnt do much either. The big dog is where the money is going because our water dept dont do their job, police officers dont do thier jobs and the women sitting at the desk at the city building act like it is going to break their legs if they have to remove their big assess from their chairs to help you. Mabye if "someone" would stop pocketing the money and pay thier workers, things might improve. However, I dont see that happening. The housing market sucks right now or I would be gone. It is such a shame at how nice this town actually use to be. And look at it? It is sickening! They sit in their cars and watch drug deals go on right on the streets and never do a damn thing, but sure as hell will pick your dog up if is just so happenes to get lose and you are trying to find it Something is wrong with this picture! You tell me what it is!
Have Had Enough

Ashland, KY

#5 Apr 4, 2012
Flatwoodsperiod, you took the words right out of my mouth. Enough is enough. Maybe it's time to bring in Erin Brockovich! lol That'd make their asses pucker! As for the drugs, I know there's a person on this forum that seems to have some inside information and strides are being taken to clean things up, but it isn't from the local law enforcement. Maybe it's time for some private justice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flatwoods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New girl on 4th street 11 hr MysteriousGal 2
top signs your wife/ girlfriend is a tramp (Dec '11) 15 hr Steve a neosho mo 38
Meth Lab discussion Fri fireman 2
Aaron Reffett Jul 16 Willie 2
Peggy McDowell , Majors, whatever Jul 16 ryan 3
D-Day in Flatwoods Jul 15 jim 2
Small Black Dog Lost in Meadowbrooke Rd. & Rt. ... Jul 14 flooded out 4

Flatwoods Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance