Pennington's meat department

Posted in the Flatwoods Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmmm

Ashland, KY

#1 Sep 5, 2010
What's up w/ their meat? It's brown/purple & anything in between. Disgusting!!!!!!! Even their sausages are gross.
It's been like this for over a month.
The health department needs to be called or something.
Shopper

United States

#2 Sep 6, 2010
I was just in there today.....there was alot of nasty brown n half rotten looking meat. Its been like that for awhile tho.....I usually take everybit of it up to the checkout with me....n ask them the cashier to call the mngr....then I ask him if he would purchase it? N that I dont even like to see it when Im purchasing products there. Not to mention....they have really raised the prices of everything lately! I didnt have that much stuff n it totaled over $100.00????
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

#3 Sep 7, 2010
Shopper wrote:
I was just in there today.....there was alot of nasty brown n half rotten looking meat. Its been like that for awhile tho.....I usually take everybit of it up to the checkout with me....n ask them the cashier to call the mngr....then I ask him if he would purchase it? N that I dont even like to see it when Im purchasing products there. Not to mention....they have really raised the prices of everything lately! I didnt have that much stuff n it totaled over $100.00????
they have 2 get back some of the money they spent bailing out jason and his old lady.
Dickens

Flatwoods, KY

#4 Sep 7, 2010
yeah ur are a bunch of cowardless people and its pathetic u wont put ur name on here and u have nothing better to do then sit at home and gossip about other people...Come on plz if u really had enough nerve u guys would really put ur real names on here and not be afraid to tell the Pennington's to their face.
hmmm

Ashland, KY

#5 Sep 8, 2010
Dickens wrote:
yeah ur are a bunch of cowardless people and its pathetic u wont put ur name on here and u have nothing better to do then sit at home and gossip about other people...Come on plz if u really had enough nerve u guys would really put ur real names on here and not be afraid to tell the Pennington's to their face.

it's not gossip when it's true. retard! get your lazy @ss up & go look for yourself! I said plenty to the meat department guy 6 weeks ago & nothing has been done yet!!!!!!!!! Read the other comments, they've complained as well!!!
OldGriz

Ironton, OH

#6 Sep 8, 2010
We will see what happens, I called the Health Department today. They said, they would check into it. I wanted it on file, that way if me or my family got sick,from the bad meat being sold there. we could (Bring A Big Law Suit) agains them. We will see if the health department does anything. I did call....
customer

Ashland, KY

#8 Sep 9, 2010
hmmm wrote:
What's up w/ their meat? It's brown/purple & anything in between. Disgusting!!!!!!! Even their sausages are gross.
It's been like this for over a month.
The health department needs to be called or something.
Then go To Greenup Foodfair- Greatmeat dept- Meat is always fresh. Greenup foodfair is the best!all depts are great - with great works espically the deli workers and cashiers.
hmmm

Ashland, KY

#9 Sep 10, 2010
hmmm wrote:
What's up w/ their meat? It's brown/purple & anything in between. Disgusting!!!!!!! Even their sausages are gross.
It's been like this for over a month.
The health department needs to be called or something.
yes you are so right even there pre packaged food is discolored and was rather gross looking something should be done about this and there freezers arent alway freezing either!
imagine-that

Lebanon, KY

#10 Sep 15, 2010
customer wrote:
<quoted text> Then go To Greenup Foodfair- Greatmeat dept- Meat is always fresh. Greenup foodfair is the best!all depts are great - with great works espically the deli workers and cashiers.
----thanks my sister works there--she is a good ,honest.hard working person
You are stupid people

Ironton, OH

#11 Sep 16, 2010
Number one,There are other stores to shop at!Number to,If you saw the meat looked bad,why would you buy it?Number three,If you give your child multi colored meat,It is your fault if they get sick!!!I like gossip just as well as the next person,but come on this is just stupid.
You are stupid people

Ironton, OH

#12 Sep 16, 2010
To correct myself I meant number two.

“I think, therefore I post.”

Since: Aug 10

AssLand Ky

#13 Sep 17, 2010
Wow, things must have changed, because Pennington's had the best meat in the area for years. When I moved to Ashland, I kept shopping at Pennington's because I trusted their meat department, but found that Foodfair in South Ashland is pretty high-quality, too. I haven't been to Pennington's in a long time. Sad to hear they've gone downhill.

Jason and his woman were in jail? Do they have children? That's really sad, too. I wish the Penningtons the best.
dickens

Ashland, KY

#14 Sep 18, 2010
Noxious wrote:
Wow, things must have changed, because Pennington's had the best meat in the area for years. When I moved to Ashland, I kept shopping at Pennington's because I trusted their meat department, but found that Foodfair in South Ashland is pretty high-quality, too. I haven't been to Pennington's in a long time. Sad to hear they've gone downhill.
Jason and his woman were in jail? Do they have children? That's really sad, too. I wish the Penningtons the best.
First off PENNINGTON'S STILL HAVE THE BEST MEAT DEPARTMENT IN THIS AREA...AND JASON IS THERE TO MAKE SURE IT IS THE BEST. AND NO "NO ONE IS IN JAIL" THANK YOU...
WHY DO U THINK THAT THE PENNINGTON'S HAVE BEEN IN BUSNESS FOR OVER 90 YEARS.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Sep 18, 2010
Dummmb! She asked if they "were" in jail, not "are."

And yes, they were - for...

one count of first-degree trafficking of a controlled substance, one count of second-degree trafficking of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of a minor.
sheesh

Belpre, OH

#16 Sep 18, 2010
dickens wrote:
<quoted text>
First off PENNINGTON'S STILL HAVE THE BEST MEAT DEPARTMENT IN THIS AREA...AND JASON IS THERE TO MAKE SURE IT IS THE BEST. AND NO "NO ONE IS IN JAIL" THANK YOU...
WHY DO U THINK THAT THE PENNINGTON'S HAVE BEEN IN BUSNESS FOR OVER 90 YEARS.
E-gad! I see the Pennigtons still have a fan...aka brown nose...

“I think, therefore I post.”

Since: Aug 10

AssLand Ky

#17 Sep 18, 2010
dickens wrote:
<quoted text>
First off PENNINGTON'S STILL HAVE THE BEST MEAT DEPARTMENT IN THIS AREA...AND JASON IS THERE TO MAKE SURE IT IS THE BEST. AND NO "NO ONE IS IN JAIL" THANK YOU...
WHY DO U THINK THAT THE PENNINGTON'S HAVE BEEN IN BUSNESS FOR OVER 90 YEARS.
Look I was not attacking the Penningtons. I have respect for them, and have been close friends with some of the older Penningtons!

I have a real concern here, because a little girl I know is friends with a girl named Dylan Pennington. I really want to know if the girl is safe when she goes to visit. Honestly and truly I am not stirring up trouble, I'm looking out for a child. I asked this child if she knew what her friend's dad's name was, and she didn't. So I am asking now, is this Jason's daughter?
back to reality

Ashland, KY

#18 Sep 19, 2010
Shopper wrote:
I was just in there today.....there was alot of nasty brown n half rotten looking meat. Its been like that for awhile tho.....I usually take everybit of it up to the checkout with me....n ask them the cashier to call the mngr....then I ask him if he would purchase it? N that I dont even like to see it when Im purchasing products there. Not to mention....they have really raised the prices of everything lately! I didnt have that much stuff n it totaled over $100.00????
can any one say poor management! They must think people have plenty of money like the Penningtons.....
back to reality

Ashland, KY

#19 Sep 19, 2010
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not gossip when it's true. retard! get your lazy @ss up & go look for yourself! I said plenty to the meat department guy 6 weeks ago & nothing has been done yet!!!!!!!!! Read the other comments, they've complained as well!!!
You are correct! They use to have the best meat department around, I wouldn't buy anywhere else, but not no more.
what

Ashland, KY

#20 Sep 19, 2010
OldGriz wrote:
We will see what happens, I called the Health Department today. They said, they would check into it. I wanted it on file, that way if me or my family got sick,from the bad meat being sold there. we could (Bring A Big Law Suit) agains them. We will see if the health department does anything. I did call....
This is just my thought, WHY WOULD YOU BUY MEAT THAT IS QUESTIONABLE AND FEED IT TO YOUR FAMILY?????
what

Ashland, KY

#21 Sep 19, 2010
dickens wrote:
<quoted text>
First off PENNINGTON'S STILL HAVE THE BEST MEAT DEPARTMENT IN THIS AREA...AND JASON IS THERE TO MAKE SURE IT IS THE BEST. AND NO "NO ONE IS IN JAIL" THANK YOU...
WHY DO U THINK THAT THE PENNINGTON'S HAVE BEEN IN BUSNESS FOR OVER 90 YEARS.
Sounds like they won't make it another 90 if this stuff keeps up. You think people are going to keep handing over thier money for questionable food. heres you sign! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flatwoods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I found the Cure! 5 min Prophecy Fulfilled 19
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Mike Duquette 132,180
I am Proud of Chris Christie 22 min Jordan 5
Dr Kelsey James (Dec '09) 1 hr Knows the facts 194
Amanda Coburn 5 hr soundslike 6
Izzy Rodgers? (Dec '10) 6 hr hit guy 14
Angie Hayes 6 hr Info 2
Flatwoods Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Flatwoods People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Flatwoods News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Flatwoods

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:03 am PST

Bleacher Report10:03AM
Eifert out for Season After Having Recent Shoulder Surgery
ESPN11:57 AM
Bengals TE Eifert will not return this season
NBC Sports12:24 PM
Cam Heyward embraces leadership role with Steelers - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 2:01 PM
Chiefs quarterback Smith out with lacerated spleen
Bleacher Report 8:26 PM
5 Bold Predictions for Pittsburgh Steelers' Week 17 Matchup