44 animals seized in Flat Rock

44 animals seized in Flat Rock

There are 15 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jul 22, 2008, titled 44 animals seized in Flat Rock. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : HENDERSONVILLE Animal control officers seized 29 dogs and 15 cats from a Flat Rock house late Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

CMB

United States

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Who is this person? I live in Flat Rock and more than a certain number of dogs per household is not allowed. How does someone get and retain this many animals without the Town of Flat Rock getting involved and doing something about it prior to it's becoming such a problem?
marthawww

Asheville, NC

#2 Jul 23, 2008
It is Kim Kappler
marthawww

Asheville, NC

#3 Jul 23, 2008
If you remember, she was part of All Creatures Great and Small. Enough said

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 23, 2008
That's way too many pets for one farm.
marthawww

Asheville, NC

#5 Jul 23, 2008
That is no farm. It is a house that was willed to All Creatures. Kappler still lives in it. Very small piece of property and very small house.

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 23, 2008
marthawww wrote:
That is no farm. It is a house that was willed to All Creatures. Kappler still lives in it. Very small piece of property and very small house.
awwww hell, can't you take a joke?

Anyhow, why would the paper keep her name a secret? AC-T is so pitiful. At least these animals weren't put down. Perhaps she was still trying to find homes for them....but that is still an awful lot of pets for such a small farm.
What

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Jul 23, 2008
Mtnbred wrote:
<quoted text>
awwww hell, can't you take a joke?
Anyhow, why would the paper keep her name a secret? AC-T is so pitiful. At least these animals weren't put down. Perhaps she was still trying to find homes for them....but that is still an awful lot of pets for such a small farm.
Uh-oh. You said the f-word again! ha.
marthawww

Asheville, NC

#8 Jul 23, 2008
She is a hoarder and does little to try to find homes for the animals. There were over 800 animals at All Creatures when the state became involved. Yet just a few weeks later there were only 158 with less that a dozen adoption records provided to them. These were some of the animals moved from there. It is said She has many others at many sites in the area, living in horrible conditions. The house is on a roadside that is just a few feet from a main highway. Neighbors state these animals were all inside the house(1,1050 square feet).
UnSweetT

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2008
I just pray that all the animals survive.
born here

Casar, NC

#10 Jul 23, 2008
nothing that a little ant-freeze can`t take care of.
Pat

Enka, NC

#11 Jul 23, 2008
born here, Are you advocating criminal acts? Killing animals with anti-freeze is a crime so we know the content of your character. In fact, it is a felony.
marthawww

Asheville, NC

#12 Jul 23, 2008
UnSweetT wrote:
I just pray that all the animals survive.
Kappler has now sentenced 44 animals currently at the Henderson County Shelter to death. Was advised that they must put down animals currently there that could be adopted to make room for the 44 seized from Kappler. I don't blame her for evading the cameras from the news. If I were her, I would hide to. I hope they sentence her and the Dunns to jail. Mary is some friend. She sat silently yesterday across the road and watched while they took the animals away. Never once offering her "friend" a helping hand. Everyone needs friends like that. Way to go Kim and Mary, you have been successful in killing even more animals.

“Call it like I see it!!”

Since: Jul 08

Haywood County

#13 Jul 23, 2008
born here wrote:
nothing that a little ant-freeze can`t take care of.
Someone ones need to feed you some antifreeze, not enought to kill you, just enough so it will burn your throat and then you can feel their pain.
half-back

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jul 23, 2008
Mean Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>Someone ones need to feed you some antifreeze, not enought to kill you, just enough so it will burn your throat and then you can feel their pain.
Nope, that would be too nice.. I suggest a anitfreeze enema for him/her/it.
marthawww

Asheville, NC

#15 Jul 24, 2008
It is urgent that anyone that can properly care for an animal visit the Henderson County Shelter and adopt today if possible. They have already euthanized some animals to make room for Kapplers. They will begin euthanizing again today. They have no choice as there is now no room. There is a sheep dog that needs to go now and it is so beautiful and good natured as well as several others. PLEASE!!!!! call everyone and ask them to help adopt those animals immediately. It is such a shame that really adoptable animals already there had to be destroyed to make room for the others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
E. Dorsey (Dec '14) Jun 14 lmao 2
Have you been seeing military activity in your ... Jun 7 Seriously 1
Syrian Refugees in Spartanburg Jun 6 Fitzzz 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hendersonville, NC (Aug '10) Jun 6 Fitzzz 68
News Bill raising NC graffiti punishments get Senate... Jun 1 Fitzzz 1
Hendersonville Music Thread (May '14) May '15 Musikologist 3
Debate: Marijuana - Hendersonville, NC (Aug '10) May '15 Blove 33
More from around the web

Flat Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE