WNC restaurants are finalists in contest

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Raleigh Eateries in Hendersonville, Flat Rock, Saluda and Blowing Rock were among 19 named finalists today for the state Department of Agriculture's "Best Dish in North Carolina," honoring restaurants that use North Carolina food products.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

theSgtRock wrote:
Most of the dives downtown are beer joints and they sell a little bit of weird food so they can CLAIM to be a restaurant.
Just because it's not soup out of can and a mayo sandwich does not mean it's weird food. We all know that you and culture mix about as well as Hitler at a bar mitzvah.

Since: Mar 09

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that you and culture mix about as well as Hitler at a bar mitzvah.
Well, there's that "we" again. Have you replaced Nancy Pelosi? Scoot on along son before you put us all to sleep with your 3 yawn responses.

“Warning I misspell Get over it”

Since: Aug 07

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of childish reaction is that? Hearing that no restaurant in Asheville made it actually "made your day"?
The ones of you who get pleasure out of trashing your own town is quite pathetic. But typical for this forum. Grow up a little.
No not the entire town just the wretched excuse that we have for a downtown that I enjoy trashing because the town does extend past the bridge, the tunnel, Biltmore and the colony of Haywood Street.

And yes it did make my day, week, year, that none of the overated places in downtown make it to the list. It goes to show you got to be a little more then a vegeterian place or a trendy eatery to make the list.

You need some thicker skin if you can't take critisim of your precious little town.
walker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Good and Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is 12 Bones ?? I have heard about it and looked for it on the internet and could not find it . Do you know the address or phone number ?
12 Bones now has 2 locations. Here is their website which has the addresses, phone numbers, directions and hours:
http://www.12bones.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>
You need some thicker skin if you can't take critisim of your precious little town.
Has nothing to do with my thick skin and more to do with simply commenting on your pi$$ poor attitude. "Wanting" your own local merchants to fail....what a tool.
walker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

There are excellent restaurants in Asheville. Who cares how somebody else rates them? I don't use another person's opinion to dictate where I choose to dine.

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with my thick skin and more to do with simply commenting on your pi$$ poor attitude. "Wanting" your own local merchants to fail....what a tool.
Yes it does anyone who utters a negative comment about down town your quick to dismiss and insult who did it.

Downtown Asheville is not the end all be all place on earth. Its just a little trendy wanna be Hipster haven that claims that chains are bad but supports some chains because it looks local.

The sun does not set nor rise on downtown Asheville theres more to it then the narrow minded streets that form downtown.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does anyone who utters a negative comment about down town your quick to dismiss and insult who did it.
Downtown Asheville is not the end all be all place on earth. Its just a little trendy wanna be Hipster haven that claims that chains are bad but supports some chains because it looks local.
The sun does not set nor rise on downtown Asheville theres more to it then the narrow minded streets that form downtown.
Just because I defend downtown does not mean I think the sun rises and sets on it. I am quick to dismiss comments like yours because they are unfounded. For ANY resident to wish that crap on a downtown business owner is childish. It affects you how? Just because you don't venture downtown does not mean you should bad mouth it for reasons like you say. Trendy? Newsflash, skip. Trendy means temporary. Downtown Asheville has been alive and kicking for going on 20 years. That ain't trendy.

And for someone who does not go there, you claim to know a lot about what "downtown" supports and what they don't.

You just seem to be acting negative towards downtown merely to be negative. Couldn't you find something more productive to do with your time? Plus, you're fighting a losing battle. People that bash downtown don't go downtown. And we prefer it that way, as most cities would.

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I defend downtown does not mean I think the sun rises and sets on it. I am quick to dismiss comments like yours because they are unfounded. For ANY resident to wish that crap on a downtown business owner is childish. It affects you how? Just because you don't venture downtown does not mean you should bad mouth it for reasons like you say. Trendy? Newsflash, skip. Trendy means temporary. Downtown Asheville has been alive and kicking for going on 20 years. That ain't trendy.
And for someone who does not go there, you claim to know a lot about what "downtown" supports and what they don't.
You just seem to be acting negative towards downtown merely to be negative. Couldn't you find something more productive to do with your time? Plus, you're fighting a losing battle. People that bash downtown don't go downtown. And we prefer it that way, as most cities would.
If its a loosing battle then why are all the chains coming in downtown Asheville, why are most of the cruddy trinket junk shops moving to the colony of Haywood street.

The cleaning of downtown continues and will continue until its a better place for everyone not just the tragically hip. Bars, junk shops, Coffee Shops, and restuarants thats a real industrious downtown. I mean wow, and to top it all off its so warm and friendly or at least it trys to portray that image but fails miserably.

Don't you have anything to then dissmiss me and defend a downtown that is slowly slipping from the fraud hipster place that it is?

My comments are unfounded LOL, then why did none of the Uber trendy restuarants make it on the list, why?? Because they are overated and rather bland, ive been around Asheville a time or two and see it for what it is.

Fad and trendiness is not what makes a good place to eat.
Calloway

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>
My comments are unfounded LOL, then why did none of the Uber trendy restuarants make it on the list, why??
I will interpret for you so you can't seem to understand. These restaurants weren't chosen as the best restaurants in the state. They are from a select list of restaurant that use North Carolina products. Not all restaurants do that. Not all restaurants submitted to be on the list for consideration because it is such a measley little aware from the Dept. of Agriculture. This isn't a high class deal schmuck. It's sort of like Maserati might not enter into the big Brevard contest for best compact car. You sure have proven your stupidity beyond doubt. No wonder the MX forum uses your posts here as the epitome of clueless on their forum for laughs.

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Calloway wrote:
<quoted text>
I will interpret for you so you can't seem to understand. These restaurants weren't chosen as the best restaurants in the state. They are from a select list of restaurant that use North Carolina products. Not all restaurants do that. Not all restaurants submitted to be on the list for consideration because it is such a measley little aware from the Dept. of Agriculture. This isn't a high class deal schmuck. It's sort of like Maserati might not enter into the big Brevard contest for best compact car. You sure have proven your stupidity beyond doubt. No wonder the MX forum uses your posts here as the epitome of clueless on their forum for laughs.
As if I care what anyone at the Mountain Opressed thinks about what I say. They can laugh away, but if you notice they have very little to say back so just like alot of things if they can't attack it they laugh at it, or poke fun.

Clueless huh? I want to post on a messageboard to where if you don't follow status quo and follow their agenda you can be banned from their so open minded site.

So Asheville restuarants didn't make this elite list is what your telling me? Thats even better that these overated places didn't make it all.

The main reason why this is funny is that no restaurant from the downtown area is on the list of finalists. I thought downtown was on par with Paris and San Fran of great dining. I thought all of the food served downtown was award winning and an orgasmic experience. That no other restaurant could touch their culunary delights. It didnt make the list so I guess its none of the above, which is great.

Asheville the most overated city in NC. LOL
anoy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>
As if I care what anyone at the Mountain Opressed thinks about what I say. They can laugh away, but if you notice they have very little to say back so just like alot of things if they can't attack it they laugh at it, or poke fun.
Clueless huh? I want to post on a messageboard to where if you don't follow status quo and follow their agenda you can be banned from their so open minded site.
So Asheville restuarants didn't make this elite list is what your telling me? Thats even better that these overated places didn't make it all.
The main reason why this is funny is that no restaurant from the downtown area is on the list of finalists. I thought downtown was on par with Paris and San Fran of great dining. I thought all of the food served downtown was award winning and an orgasmic experience. That no other restaurant could touch their culunary delights. It didnt make the list so I guess its none of the above, which is great.
Asheville the most overated city in NC. LOL
Hey Che, How often do you eat downtown? Is there anywhere downtown that you find tolerable?

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

anoy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Che, How often do you eat downtown? Is there anywhere downtown that you find tolerable?
You mean Ernesto?

12 bones is good but its not downtown, it is int he over rated wretched river arts district.

Little pigs BBQ has some awesome chicken.

I do like the coffee at the food co-op.

But as for downtown Never found anything writing home about. It was just ok, nothing to really stand out for the praise that downtown gets.

Outside Downtown however, Of Course 12 Bones again, Luella's, El Chapala Mexico Lindo, Pappa's Pizza, Franks Pizza, Wan Pen, and India Garden.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>

Now it all makes sense. lol

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it all makes sense. lol
Huh, huh, huh,

Romper Room remark from someone can't take a little critisim over their overated town. Who skipped everything thing else I wrote and found one nugget.

But there chicken is good, very good, but you wouldnt know because its not closer to town, can't be seen anywhere but there huh? Must be great living in a little world

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, huh, huh,
Romper Room remark from someone can't take a little critisim over their overated town. Who skipped everything thing else I wrote and found one nugget.
But there chicken is good, very good, but you wouldnt know because its not closer to town, can't be seen anywhere but there huh? Must be great living in a little world
Hmmmmm, I live in West Asheville, so I have eaten at Sunny Point, The Admiral and Tomato. I've even had Diggable Pizza and Neo Burrito, too...Um, I've gone north and eaten at Blue Mountain Pizza, Marco's and Stoney Knob...I like Papa's-n-Beer over by Biltmore Square Mall, I enjoy Pomodoros on Tunnel Rd. and 12 Bones BBQ, Limones, Three Brothers, The Usual Suspects and enjoy the Hobnob Restaurant when I am in Brevard.

What were you saying again about my tiny world of
eating out?

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm, I live in West Asheville, so I have eaten at Sunny Point, The Admiral and Tomato. I've even had Diggable Pizza and Neo Burrito, too...Um, I've gone north and eaten at Blue Mountain Pizza, Marco's and Stoney Knob...I like Papa's-n-Beer over by Biltmore Square Mall, I enjoy Pomodoros on Tunnel Rd. and 12 Bones BBQ, Limones, Three Brothers, The Usual Suspects and enjoy the Hobnob Restaurant when I am in Brevard.
What were you saying again about my tiny world of
eating out?
Im suprised that you found your way outside downtown, im impressed.
Atticus

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

mystery logger wrote:
<quoted text>
I do like the coffee at the food co-op.
But as for downtown Never found anything writing home about. It was just ok, nothing to really stand out for the praise that downtown gets.
Outside Downtown however, Of Course 12 Bones again, Luella's, El Chapala Mexico Lindo, Pappa's Pizza, Franks Pizza, Wan Pen, and India Garden.
If this is your list of good places to eat no wonder you don't like the restaurants downtown. These places suck! Three Pigs should go out of business any second for the nasty place it is. All you like is barbecue, mexican food and pizza. You wouldn't know a well prepared entre if you fell over it. Call Papa John's and S T F U.

Asheville NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Atticus wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is your list of good places to eat no wonder you don't like the restaurants downtown. These places suck! Three Pigs should go out of business any second for the nasty place it is. All you like is barbecue, mexican food and pizza. You wouldn't know a well prepared entre if you fell over it. Call Papa John's and S T F U.
Awwwww another person that can't take a little critisim of their overated town and its eateries. Yes thats all eat even at home when I don't EAT OUT. lol

I bet you feel so justified .... papa johns pizza bleh that stuff is pretty gross. Yes and Franks has more then just pizza but I guess you wouldnt know that if you just festered in downtown and the Colony of Haywood street.

I also like italian food that I make at home. I also like India food (Native American and India) I make at home, I am also a fan of Chinese and japanese food that I make at home. See Im not caught up in being seen somewhere as I am with saving money and eating at home where I know the dishes are clean, the food is clean, and the price is just right.

But I guess being seen out is more important then saving money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Flat Rock Discussions

Search the Flat Rock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Red Square 54,916
Miranda c @ Cracker barrel Jun 24 truth 3
Are you with the Republicans in Supporting Gay ... Jun 22 Patriot 2
Are you with the GOP Supporting Abortion Jun 22 Patriot 1
Evil Tea Party (Oct '13) Jun 22 Patriot 39
Debate: Marijuana - Hendersonville, NC (Aug '10) Jun 20 Dean 29
The panthers paw Jun 15 chuck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Flat Rock Jobs

•••