Flat Rock mayor calls Mumpower 'arrog...

Flat Rock mayor calls Mumpower 'arrogant a--'

There are 114 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 9, 2008, titled Flat Rock mayor calls Mumpower 'arrogant a--'. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

In his nearly seven-year political career, Asheville City Councilman Carl Mumpower has been called plenty of names.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Moron Detector

Lincolnton, NC

#103 Apr 10, 2008
Ratzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, you need to clarify what you mean by control. They have no significant majority in the senate thus everything they attempt is blocked by their lack of numbers to over ride a presidential veto thus Bush and his cronies still control the ship. If you believe otherwise you got your head where the sun don't shine. A majority in the3 House does little to accomplish what nee4ds doing.
Good spin. They have "no significant majority in the senate". But they do have the majority. Isn't it just a little difficult to blame republicans for everything when the Dems do have the majority and are in control? Oh wait. I forgot you said they were doing literally nothing.
I can agree with you on that. Doing nothing and as a majority, preventing anyone else from getting anything done as well. Job well done. Moron.
bruce wayne

Hendersonville, NC

#104 Apr 10, 2008
Dr. Mumpower is highly qualified to be our congressman and it will show if Shuler will debate him. His best qualification is,the liberals hate him. They hate him because he holds people accountable and liberals hate being held accountable.
Julius Miami FL

Orange Park, FL

#105 Apr 10, 2008
Perhaps he can put his half-glasses on and look down his nose at us when he gets elected. NOT! What a strange bird he is. Always trying to look like the effervescing shrink and softly whispering his pitch to the constituency of WNC. STOOGE.
Raz Lemons

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#106 Apr 10, 2008
bruce wayne wrote:
Dr. Mumpower is highly qualified to be our congressman and it will show if Shuler will debate him. His best qualification is,the liberals hate him. They hate him because he holds people accountable and liberals hate being held accountable.
So Batboy do you suppose the good Dr. Mumpenstein will hold himself accountable for the patient of his he so ably doctored into becoming a cold blooded killer ??
Shut Up

Asheville, NC

#108 Apr 10, 2008
Julius Miami FL wrote:
Perhaps he can put his half-glasses on and look down his nose at us when he gets elected. NOT! What a strange bird he is. Always trying to look like the effervescing shrink and softly whispering his pitch to the constituency of WNC. STOOGE.
I will bet money he's more educated and has a higher IQ than YOU.
Shut Up

Asheville, NC

#109 Apr 10, 2008
Ratzo wrote:
<quoted text>
See a freakin psychiatrist pal, you are obsessive in your attempts to blame everything on a political party. What did they do to you, steal your supply of lollipops?
you're a democrackkk arent you? my comments seem to bother you....GOOD!
EdmundBurke

Asheville, NC

#110 Apr 10, 2008
Carl Mumpower is the sole voice of reason on the current AVL. Board and persues worthwhile endevours. Moreover, he has the strentgh to lead, not buckle, to small but vocal special intrest groups. That is the definition of leadership. Unfortunately, the current group of politicians nationwide only tell people what they want to hear. Fact: All Democracies vote themselves into extinction, and as The head of The Federal OMB said in his resignation in disgust last year, that America is following in the footsteps of Rome. He was appointed by Clinton and a carrer type, unbiased, civil servant. Amongst other things, Mumpower realizes that substance abuse and illegal immagration are major problems with the nation. More importantly, he seems to be the only person who realizes that business and jobs are important. In other words, he understands the constitution.
bruce wayne

Hendersonville, NC

#111 Apr 11, 2008
Raz Lemons wrote:
<quoted text>
So Batboy do you suppose the good Dr. Mumpenstein will hold himself accountable for the patient of his he so ably doctored into becoming a cold blooded killer ??
You sound like a very stupid individual. You represent the side of hate in this country.Your statement says more about you than I or anyone ever could. I hope you aren't the one you are talking about. If you are, get help.
C Sanders

Lincolnton, NC

#112 Apr 11, 2008
Raz Lemons wrote:
<quoted text>
And what exactly do you do that so benefits mankind? Pump gas? Serve at MdD's? Sounds like you just gained access to the computer at the looney bin Raz old boy. You need some lithium. It will help. Tell your nurse.

“Never believe generalizations”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#113 Apr 11, 2008
Raz Lemons wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested in that story. It seems to be consistent with his reputation in the professional community.
bruce wayne

Hendersonville, NC

#114 Apr 11, 2008
unit1073 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested in that story. It seems to be consistent with his reputation in the professional community.
Sounds like you and raz need to get together.

“Never believe generalizations”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#115 Apr 11, 2008
bruce wayne wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you and raz need to get together.
Perhaps so, but why do you suggest that Bruce?
If he's aware of something factual shouldn't it be open to discussion?

Since: Feb 08

Lincolnton, NC

#116 Apr 11, 2008
EdmundBurke wrote:
Carl Mumpower is the sole voice of reason on the current AVL. Board and persues worthwhile endevours. Moreover, he has the strentgh to lead, not buckle, to small but vocal special intrest groups. That is the definition of leadership. Unfortunately, the current group of politicians nationwide only tell people what they want to hear. Fact: All Democracies vote themselves into extinction, and as The head of The Federal OMB said in his resignation in disgust last year, that America is following in the footsteps of Rome. He was appointed by Clinton and a carrer type, unbiased, civil servant. Amongst other things, Mumpower realizes that substance abuse and illegal immagration are major problems with the nation. More importantly, he seems to be the only person who realizes that business and jobs are important. In other words, he understands the constitution.
Well said.:0)
Gordon Smith

Mars Hill, NC

#117 Apr 14, 2008
bruce wayne wrote:
I'm a liberal, and I don't hate him. Wrong again, Bruce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where did Kristen Fincher go? Apr 6 bigboy 1
News Profiler looks at unsolved Worley murder case (Sep '10) Mar 24 Mrblond 3
News Efforts to repeal NC 'bathroom bill' are an at ... Mar '17 TerriB1 7
Fletcher officer(s) known to take advantage of ... Feb '17 Nastywoman 2
News Flat Rock Playhouse presents Music on the Rock:... Feb '17 Ringo 2
Audrey bell Feb '17 Guest 1
Beware of Gregory Ojo Okuta Feb '17 Wanna puke 1

Flat Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance