Mumpower, mayor make up at debate

Mumpower, mayor make up at debate

There are 12 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 10, 2008, titled Mumpower, mayor make up at debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Asheville City Councilman Carl Mumpower and Flat Rock Mayor Bob Staton patched their differences Thursday, putting the "arrogant asses" incident to rest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Keith retired Gun-bunny

United States

#1 Apr 10, 2008
Well, ain't that sweet. Kissed and made up.
Good neighbor

Arden, NC

#3 Apr 11, 2008
"didn't wade in"?
Unpatient Voter

Waynesville, NC

#4 Apr 11, 2008
I would vote for this man if he were the only one on the ballot. Give him a box of kleenex and tell him where he can put his signs,
Anita Jackincoke

Inman, SC

#5 Apr 11, 2008
"Campbell and Mumpower both had signs available for the 40 or so people attending, and Mumpower placards were plentiful in the parking lot."

It's pretty clear why Armour doesn't want signs at these debates. He doesn't have any signs! He's simply not a credible candidate --- he's just another windbag lawyer with an over-inflated ego who likes to hear himself talk.

Since: Feb 07

Asheville, NC

#6 Apr 11, 2008
Wrong headline again.

Should read: "Small town mayor apologizes for buffoonery"
“I didn’t apologize. I just went up to him and said,‘Sometimes we say things we probably shouldn’t in the heat of the moment,’” Staton said
If you claim that you said something you shouldn't have said, that's an apology: "a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."
Thunder Chicken

Iron Station, NC

#7 Apr 11, 2008
Wrong Tim.

It should read:

"Small town Mayor that actually worked in the real world is cordial to biggest a**/career politician in WNC."
dlev

Asheville, NC

#8 Apr 11, 2008
It should read:

Mayor regrets voicing comments; still thinks they're true.
OUR12

Asheville, NC

#9 Apr 11, 2008
No it should read: "Bloated windbag gets more free exposure for his raging insecurities and collosal ego while making vain attempt at an elected office he's dismally incapable of."

“I am the only elected official at this table,” Mumpower said.“I have been in the trench in one of the toughest arenas in the country — Asheville, N.C.”

Point illustrated. Perhaps we can get this clown's ego its own area code and alert air traffic control in the southeastern region to create a no fly zone.
R Bernier

Hickory, NC

#10 Apr 12, 2008
Watch for yourself the opening remarks from the debate:

The full debate along with words from Mr. Hicks who explains the mistakes that were made.

I give Dr. Mumpower high grades for making a stand based on facts.

Will post very soon.

R. Bernier
Michelle Mead

AOL

#11 Apr 21, 2008
BlueRidgeNow.com

----------
Apr 15, 2008
Correction

A dart on Saturday’s editorial page INCORRECTLY SAID that GOP congressional candidate Carl Mumpower attended a debate in Flat Rock after he got his way in a dispute over campaign signs. HE DID NOT.

A dart on Saturday’s editorial page INCORRECTLY SAID that GOP congressional candidate Carl Mumpower attended a debate in Flat Rock after he got his way in a dispute over campaign signs. HE DID NOT. Mumpower and other candidates were allowed to erect signs outside the St. John in the Wilderness Parish Hall where the debate was held. They were not allowed to place banners, posters or signs inside the hall.“That (prohibition against political signs inside the hall) is not only a village rule of long-standing, it is also a rule of the church in whose house we were guests,” Flat Rock Mayor Bob Staton said.
----------
Copyright © 2008 BlueRidgeNow.com
Michelle Mead

AOL

#12 Apr 21, 2008
BlueRidgeNow.com

----------
Apr 15, 2008
Correction

A dart on Saturday’s editorial page INCORRECTLY SAID that GOP congressional candidate Carl Mumpower attended a debate in Flat Rock after he got his way in a dispute over campaign signs. HE DID NOT.

A dart on Saturday’s editorial page INCORRECTLY SAID that GOP congressional candidate Carl Mumpower attended a debate in Flat Rock after he got his way in a dispute over campaign signs. HE DID NOT. Mumpower and other candidates were allowed to erect signs outside the St. John in the Wilderness Parish Hall where the debate was held. They were not allowed to place banners, posters or signs inside the hall.“That (prohibition against political signs inside the hall) is not only a village rule of long-standing, it is also a rule of the church in whose house we were guests,” Flat Rock Mayor Bob Staton said.
----------
Copyright © 2008 BlueRidgeNow.com
R Bernier

Hickory, NC

#13 Apr 21, 2008
As the primary gets closer, im glad that we can fall back to video clips that helps explains a recent issue from the "Flat Rock" debate.

Click here to watch a 4min clip:

RB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituaries Jul 11 NCmomof2 2
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) May '17 Double D 8
Hendersonville Music Thread (May '14) May '17 Musikologist 6
News Profiler looks at unsolved Worley murder case (Sep '10) Mar '17 Mrblond 3
News Efforts to repeal NC 'bathroom bill' are an at ... Mar '17 TerriB1 5
Fletcher officer(s) known to take advantage of ... (Jan '17) Feb '17 Nastywoman 2
News Flat Rock Playhouse presents Music on the Rock:... Feb '17 Ringo 2

Flat Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flat Rock Mortgages