Henderson blaze temporarily closes I-...

Henderson blaze temporarily closes I-26, forces evacuation

There are 4 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 5, 2007, titled Henderson blaze temporarily closes I-26, forces evacuation. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A woods fire fueled by wind gusts and brush left brittle by drought shut down a section of Interstate 26 Wednesday and led to the evacuation of about 30 houses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Matt

Greenville, SC

#1 Dec 6, 2007
Good work !
DOKTOR JAY

Eddyville, KY

#2 Dec 6, 2007
STORY DOSEN'T MENTION WHAT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT-OR WHO THE DRIVER WAS.(AFRAID HE MIGHT BE HISPANIC?)
RealityCheck

AOL

#3 Dec 6, 2007
DOKTOR JAY wrote:
STORY DOSEN'T MENTION WHAT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT-OR WHO THE DRIVER WAS.(AFRAID HE MIGHT BE HISPANIC?)
The story probably didnt mention what caused the accident, or the driver because there was NO accident or driver. And I don't think ACT neglected to reveal anything of Hispanic origin in this article. This story was about a FIRE, and it remains to be seen HOW or WHO got the fire started to begin with. Maybe when and if they find an arsonist, you'll get your Hispanic jab there. Sorry, but your reading comprehension stinks. Have yourself a second cup of caffeine.
maggie

Savannah, GA

#4 Dec 6, 2007
RealityCheck wrote:
<quoted text>
The story probably didnt mention what caused the accident, or the driver because there was NO accident or driver. And I don't think ACT neglected to reveal anything of Hispanic origin in this article. This story was about a FIRE, and it remains to be seen HOW or WHO got the fire started to begin with. Maybe when and if they find an arsonist, you'll get your Hispanic jab there. Sorry, but your reading comprehension stinks. Have yourself a second cup of caffeine.
THANKS,REALITY CHECK. I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! I AM WONDERING IF THIS PERSON CAN READ AT ALL OR HEAR FOR THAT MATTER. IT HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE T.V. NEWS.
I SALUTE THE QUICK AND EFFICIENT RESPONSE OF THE FIRE DEPARTMENTS. MY SON-IN-LAW INCLUDED. HE IS A FIREMAN FOR H'VILLE CITY AND A VOLUNTEER FOR BRVFD.
THE AVERAGE PERSON HAS NO IDEA WHAT THESE FIREFIGHTERS GO THROUGH OR THE SACRIFICIES MADE BY THE WIVES AND CHILDREN. MANY HOURS OF CLASSROOM STUDIES AND TRAINING ARE INVOLVED.I APPLAUDE ALL SERVICE RELATED PERSONELL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
E. Dorsey (Dec '14) Jun 3 Haha 3
Trying to find an old friend. David Lameire May '16 Old Friend 1
Drugs in Flat Rock NC (Feb '09) Apr '16 Telling you 2
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) Apr '16 Telling you 4
News Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries sm... Apr '16 Curmudgeon Patrol 1
what do you think about dss workers doing drugs (Jan '12) Apr '16 Makes me sick 2
no one up here uses Topix Why ? (Nov '15) Mar '16 For real 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flat Rock Mortgages