Flat Rock couple assaulted in their home

Flat Rock couple assaulted in their home

There are 44 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 20, 2009, titled Flat Rock couple assaulted in their home. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

FLAT ROCK A Flat Rock couple was assaulted in their home early today, and investigators are combing the area searching for their assailants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
adjust mode

Clover, SC

#1 Apr 20, 2009
Texas Bush's polcies brought us this crime wave of late!
SISTERSEVEN

Lincolnton, NC

#2 Apr 20, 2009
I wonder of this is anywhere near the home of the young Mother that was bludgened to death in her drive-way a few months ago?? Sorry I can not remember her name, but I do remember her story!
Nice Person

Travelers Rest, SC

#3 Apr 20, 2009
Jeez, this is scary. First, the still unsolved mystery of Charity Worley murder. Then the death of Oscar "Poochie" Corn (suspects arrested) and now this.

Gang related maybe? If you live in the H'ville/Flat Rock area lock your doors and keep an eye out on your neighbors and the comings and goings in your neighborhood.

The fact that someone is targeting
SISTERSEVEN

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Apr 20, 2009
Nice Person wrote:
Jeez, this is scary. First, the still unsolved mystery of Charity Worley murder. Then the death of Oscar "Poochie" Corn (suspects arrested) and now this.
Gang related maybe? If you live in the H'ville/Flat Rock area lock your doors and keep an eye out on your neighbors and the comings and goings in your neighborhood.
The fact that someone is targeting
Oh, YES, I forgot about Poochie, that was just within the past couple of weeks...Something is going on for sure, Flat Rock isn't where you would expect all this to be happening!
lee

Clover, SC

#5 Apr 20, 2009
Get a big dog and lock and load. Be sure there's a flashlight attached to your 12 ga.
Devils Advocate

Hickory, NC

#7 Apr 20, 2009
adjust mode wrote:
oh for heaven's sake
adjust mode

Clover, SC

#8 Apr 20, 2009
Bush ain't from heaven nor is he going there. Christians are responsible for the racism today.
Matt

Morganton, NC

#9 Apr 20, 2009
WhiteWarrior wrote:
why bdont they tell us a discription
It's a PC world now but I bet I know the ethnic origin of the culprits!
lee

Clover, SC

#10 Apr 20, 2009
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Safe bet!
Nice Person

Travelers Rest, SC

#11 Apr 20, 2009
SISTERSEVEN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, YES, I forgot about Poochie, that was just within the past couple of weeks...Something is going on for sure, Flat Rock isn't where you would expect all this to be happening!
Wasn't it just about a year or so ago that a young man with a Developmental Disability and his mother were robbed in H'ville? Wasn't his elderly mother killed? I'm pretty sure they got the guys that did it but ... it still leads me to believe that there some sort of an organized "gang" and this is part of their "MO" rob/assault/kill those in our society who are weaker or more defenseless - as evidence by the fact that they are praying on elderly and those with DD.

“Dimensions Beyond Left & Right”

Since: Feb 07

Asheville

#12 Apr 20, 2009
So far, this crime doesn't appear to be related to any "gang" or organized crime spree. The suspect may have had a key to the house. At least one of the victims knew the suspect and he had apparently worked in the home in the past.

The Hendersonville Times-News has a more updated article. Here's the link to that article:
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20090420/...
Pedro the gardener

Clover, SC

#13 Apr 20, 2009
No es me!
hardtellingnotkn owing

Hendersonville, NC

#14 Apr 20, 2009
thanks for the link. i had a feeling that it was someone they knew.
so sad, it make me mad that someone can do that to another person.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 20, 2009
Until some people get real and understand it takes more than than saying no-no to these thugs it will continue to happen. The courts are not doing the job and the police are overwhelmed. Let the papers start reading "Two shot to death in Home Invasion" or " Neighbors confront Home Invaders and kill all involved" It is our country, if we want to keep it, you are gonna have to fight for it.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 20, 2009
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
Cannonball

Candler, NC

#17 Apr 20, 2009
Kenmure, while not new, is a pretty fancy development and the article said that investigators do not feel that this incident was random.
1 TAZMAN

Boiling Springs, SC

#18 Apr 20, 2009
adjust mode wrote:
You are full of s.hit.
Nice Person

Travelers Rest, SC

#19 Apr 20, 2009
AshevilleNative wrote:
So far, this crime doesn't appear to be related to any "gang" or organized crime spree. The suspect may have had a key to the house. At least one of the victims knew the suspect and he had apparently worked in the home in the past.
The Hendersonville Times-News has a more updated article. Here's the link to that article:
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20090420/...
Whew, didn't mean to hit the "proverbial" panic button there, it just all got to be a little to coincidental if you know what I mean. Flat Rock/H'ville used to be such a peaceful, quite place. The times they are a changing ......

Thanks for the update
1 TAZMAN

Boiling Springs, SC

#20 Apr 20, 2009
adjust mode wrote:
Bush ain't from heaven nor is he going there. Christians are responsible for the racism today.
Do the world a favor and just drink your kool-aid. and shut the hell up.
adjust mode

Clover, SC

#21 Apr 20, 2009
Chavez was right, the Bush sulfur will take time to clear out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituaries Jul 11 NCmomof2 2
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) May '17 Double D 8
Hendersonville Music Thread (May '14) May '17 Musikologist 6
News Profiler looks at unsolved Worley murder case (Sep '10) Mar '17 Mrblond 3
News Efforts to repeal NC 'bathroom bill' are an at ... Mar '17 TerriB1 5
Fletcher officer(s) known to take advantage of ... (Jan '17) Feb '17 Nastywoman 2
News Flat Rock Playhouse presents Music on the Rock:... Feb '17 Ringo 2

Flat Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flat Rock Mortgages