Oh, athy, your spamming your lies all over the site again. McCain is hiding behind Palin's skirts and he can't even attract a crowd on his own. His policies are the same toxic swill the GOP has been pushing down our throats forever, and once again you are reduced to spreading lies from the GOP echo chamber all over the place. If I didn't beleive that you are an intrically evil person, I would feel sorry for you.

Why I Will Not Vote for John McCain
Phillip Butler | March 27, 2008

As some of you might know, John McCain is a long-time acquaintance of mine that goes way back to our time together at the U.S. Naval Academy and as Prisoners of War in Vietnam....John was a wild man...I and many others have speculated that the main reason he did graduate was because his father was an Admiral, and also his grandfather, both U.S. Naval Academy graduates...John's treatment as a POW: 1) Was he tortured for 5 years? No. He was subjected to torture and maltreatment during his first 2 years, from September of 1967 to September of 1969....2) John was badly injured when he was shot down...Unfortunately this was often the case - new POW's arriving with broken bones and serious combat injuries. Many died from their wounds...3) John was offered, and refused, "early release." Many of us were given this offer...I, like numerous others, refused the offer....4) John was awarded a Silver Star and Purple Heart... Among all of us...Medals of Honor - 8, Service Crosses - 42, Silver Stars - 590, Bronze Stars - 958 and Purple Hearts - 1,249...he was one hero among many - not uniquely so as his campaigns would have people believe..... 95% of us had been tortured at least once...Succeeding as a POW is a group sport, not an individual one....He was not an individual POW hero. He was a POW who surmounted the odds with the help of many comrades, as all of us did.

I furthermore believe that having been a POW is no special qualification for being President of the United States. The two jobs are not the same, and POW experience is not, in my opinion, something I would look for in a presidential candidate....He has a quick and explosive temper that many have experienced first hand. Folks, quite honestly that is not the finger I want next to that red button..."
http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,16485...