UAW opposition mounts to Ford concess...

UAW opposition mounts to Ford concessions

There are 10 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 27, 2009, titled UAW opposition mounts to Ford concessions. In it, Reuters reports that:

Ford Motor Co workers represented by the United Auto Workers had rejected concessions at five plants as of Tuesday, threatening to scupper a deal to give the automaker cost parity with U.S. rivals General Motors Co and Chrysler.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Savage Factory

West Chester, OH

#1 Oct 31, 2009
The UAW is going to take Ford down just like the USW took the steel industry down and the railroad union took down Penn Central

#2 Oct 31, 2009
the paper stated that even though this contract proably will not pass, it will not hurt ford because the workers allready gave up concessions that saved the company 500 million a year!

“6 of one, 0110 of the other.”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 31, 2009
Good. Those savings translate into stock dividends, which encourage more people worldwide to keep throwing money at the company and its investors, allowing business to grow, allowing them to expand and develop their product and gain more market share, resulting in even more return on investment.

San Luis, AZ

#4 Oct 31, 2009
Unions do not bring down a company!
Savage Factory

West Chester, OH

#5 Nov 1, 2009
jaygee wrote:
Unions do not bring down a company!
I know several that did. I know of a coal mine employing 65 nonunion men. Owned by one man, not a big corporation. During the Depression he treated his men like they were his kids. He provided them with a job, even though there was little market for the coal. He stockpiled the coal so they would have work. At Christmas every employee recieved a turkey and trimmings, even during the worst years of 1932, 33, 34. Then the war came and the miners demanded a union, paying top union wages. The man said if he had to do that he would shut the mine down. He was making little money paying lower nonunion wages. They struck. He shut the mine down. Now there is a big K Mart on the property. How were they ahead by being greedy, ungrateful bastards?

San Luis, AZ

#6 Nov 1, 2009
One company.How about Ford CEO Allan Mullay making 17.7 million last year.

Sudbury, Canada

#7 Nov 2, 2009
ford workers Canada and CAW ratify deal to
cut roughly 8000 cash from each yearly pay and they r closing a plant to boot.

Ford posts 1 billion dollar profit next day,

UAW rejects the big cost cut measure.

#8 Nov 2, 2009
congrats my hard working friends, you didn't give in to the greedy ford management, and our corrupt union, if we stick together, they will not be able to rape us like they did the gm and chrysler workers, especially the retires,who lost their healthcare and dental, while not having a vote on the matter! The management loves turning us againist one another, thats how they get controll!

Farmington, MI

#9 Nov 4, 2009
Ford must move all manufacturing facility to over sea in order to stay competitive.
Savage Factory

#10 Nov 4, 2009
jaygee wrote:
One company.How about Ford CEO Allan Mullay making 17.7 million last year.
That is totally unacceptable. Management must take the same cuts as labor. The discrepancy between top management compensation and working people compensation should be plastered in front of America so they know the uneven distribution of success. True, Mulally turned Ford around, and should receive great compensation for that. But anything in the range you are talking about is totally and completely rediculous. Nobody is worth that kind of money. Why doesn't the UAW tie concessions they are willing to make to concessions Mulally and his gang must make? Tit for Tat would be fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News seniors Mar 13 DICKRYAN14 1
News Riverview Landfill Issued Noncompliance for Odor (Feb '12) Mar 13 Anon222 89
gpd sucks d*ck Mar 8 Trump Eats Babies 3
News Fall fishing action in Michigan ready to heat u... (Oct '16) Feb '18 HIW 2
Chris lezotte Dec '17 Bill 1
Christopher Dec '17 Christopher 1 (Oct '15) Aug '17 SkeptimusPesimist 3

Flat Rock Jobs

Personal Finance

Flat Rock Mortgages