WIBC's list of closings and delays

WIBC's list of closings and delays

There are 23 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 13, 2007, titled WIBC's list of closings and delays. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Beth-El Zedeck Early Childhood Center Closed A Children's Habitat School Closed Adult & Child Mental Health Center Closed Tuesday Amerisure Closed Amerisure Closed Anderson Christian School Closed Anderson ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
white rabbit

Anderson, IN

#23 Feb 13, 2007
I have lived in the Indy area all my life. I saw my first 500 Mile speedway race at age 13.
I got hooked on Nascar about 25 years ago. Watching an early Kroger 200. I have always enjoyed ALL types of motorsports. From the "jalopys"(back in the 50's & 60's) up through F-1 races.
However these days, much like other professional sports, motorsports has become a big business.
So, anytime you have money, BIG MONEY, involved, stringent rules & unfortunately, testing these rules will come about.
The bottom line is if you don't like it, don't watch it. I for one wouldn't give you a dime for the N.B.A., so I don't watch it.
Opinion Lady

Bridgeport, WV

#24 Feb 13, 2007
Without cheaters, where would George W. be?
Jon Brewer

United States

#25 Feb 13, 2007
agreed. look at F1. They still keep the rules/regs because some are needed for fairness, but they still let the manufacturers go to the far stretches of their creativity to win. This also creates a huge fanbase for car brands as a whole since they actually have more than just a big sticker invested into the vehicle.
TheWorld Doyal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info.
The point I tried to make in my first post is, racing is just getting too rule crazy.
I used to be a big fan of racing, but every year my interest gets less and less.
The part that interests me the most about racing, is seeing the ingenuity within the rules, that a team can come up with something that gives them an edge.
Now things are so over regulated, that it's basically like an IROQ race where you have to buy your own car. i.e. just glorified spec racing.
For example, I have some tapes I made of Daytona and Talladega back in the 1980's when they didn't have to run restrictor plates.
The races then were not the same "rolling parking lot" going around the track like today's race.
The cars were spaced out more, had more power, were more responsive and could pass, and there was good racing at 205-210mph.
Now it just boring, with all this emphasis on trying to make every car the same, because somebody might feel bad if their car isn't as fast as somebody else's.
At this point, the "crack smokin'" rule makers would probably pay a king's ransom to any physicist who could figure out how to make more than one object occupy the same space simultaneously.
Then they could on raceday, turn on a special machine that would allow all the cars in the race to be in the same spot at the same time.
During the race, it would just look like one car going around the track.
Then nobody would lose, every car would be tied for 1st place, and nobody's feelings would be hurt.
After the race, everybody would hold hands and sing Cum-by-ya.
At the end of the season, every driver would be tied for champion.
The only downside would be the time it would take for all those acceptance speeches. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debbie Again 2 hr Tom 2
Frost Sat Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Tomi Lahren says: Oct 20 Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sep '16 Truth 95
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '15 Yes 17
News Officers, firefighters still looking for missin... (Aug '14) Aug '14 unowho 2
john gore (Oct '12) Oct '12 Matt Sheckles 3

Flat Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flat Rock Mortgages