WIBC's list of closings and delays

Beth-El Zedeck Early Childhood Center Closed A Children's Habitat School Closed Adult & Child Mental Health Center Closed Tuesday Amerisure Closed Amerisure Closed Anderson Christian School Closed Anderson ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"THIS IS NOT A TEST!"”

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 13, 2007
On another point, the Indygo system has been running on schedule with nice, dry, & WARM buses. You might want to pass it on...a ride for only $1.50...
Speedway Kiwanis Roses

AOL

#2 Feb 13, 2007
We will be open Wednesday for Valentine's Day, 16th & Georgetown Road across from the INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY starting at 9:30 AM. Beautiful ROSES $25:00 per dozen Please stop and buy a dozen or two.
Thanks
Margaret McGlashan

AOL

#3 Feb 13, 2007
the list posting doesn't state which day: Tue, Wed.
ANDY AND BARNEY

Bedford, IN

#4 Feb 13, 2007
CHEETERS NEVER WIN?

Since: Feb 07

Fishers, Indiana

#5 Feb 13, 2007
For something supposedly so serious, what was the exact things these guys "cheated" on?
With it becoming more obvious every year that the people who make the rules must be "smokin' crack" to come up with some of these rules, these guys who got kicked out were probably guilty of holding their mouth wrong when they used a left handed screwdriver.
Mr Happy

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Feb 13, 2007
What really needs to happen is for the car and driver to be kicked out too. That way this sh.. will stop. The sponsors will be asking the owners why is my car not in the race and not on TV. I've been following NASCAR since 1981 and am very tired of the politics and new driver attitudes. I used to attend 6 races a year now down to 1 and I do not tape them like I used to.
Take the whole team of the circuit for a few races.
Mr Happy

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 13, 2007
Take the team off the circuit for a few races!
ABC123

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 13, 2007
what did they do? Did I miss what they did wrong in the article?
MJK

San Francisco, CA

#9 Feb 13, 2007
TheWorld Doyal wrote:
For something supposedly so serious, what was the exact things these guys "cheated" on?
With it becoming more obvious every year that the people who make the rules must be "smokin' crack" to come up with some of these rules, these guys who got kicked out were probably guilty of holding their mouth wrong when they used a left handed screwdriver.
It's that old "Golden Rule" of the racing elite who've never ever raced or sat their fat butts in a car, "Those who have the gold make the rules".
The CEO

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Feb 13, 2007
You can't teach a redneck new tricks... Suspensions will not phase them.
wayne

Seymour, IN

#11 Feb 13, 2007
ANDY AND BARNEY wrote:
CHEETERS NEVER WIN?
They did in Jimmie Johnson's case
Why

Noblesville, IN

#12 Feb 13, 2007
So, what did they do to deserve that? Shouldn't an article tell you that?
Mom of 3

AOL

#13 Feb 13, 2007
ANDY AND BARNEY wrote:
CHEETERS NEVER WIN?
Mis-spellers never graduate! "Cheaters"
Dale kessler

Glasgow, KY

#14 Feb 13, 2007
It's so refreshing to see that NASCAR has taken the action against the drivers and crew chiefs, rather than dismissing the violations. It's nice that racing officials are keeping the sport clean and honest. It's a shame that others don't follow.
Sami

AOL

#15 Feb 13, 2007
According to the NASCAR site Kenseth and Kahne were both due to infractions that allowed "air improperly ducted into the car". I had heard that one of them had holes in their wheel wells that were not allowed for this air...but haven't heard more about that. I know that these two had their qualifying speeds disqualified and have to start at the back for the Twins.
Riggs and Sadler were "modifications to the fasteners that hold the rear spoiler to the trunk lid to leak air out of the trunk," which was found pre-qualifying so as far as I can tell their qualifying speeds will still count.
With this track being so much about aerodynamics...while I don't understand it it must have been a possibility for a pretty big advantage for them to hit bigger names with this high of penalties as well as so many points.
They still haven't said though what is going to happen with Mikey Waltrip on the substance that they found in the intake manifold that caused them to impound the car on Sunday.
Wonder if this is a sign of things to come for the year or if it's just about Daytona.

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Feb 13, 2007
How did they cheat?
FarOutMan

Muncie, IN

#18 Feb 13, 2007
From what I can gather it looks like it was aerodynamic modifications.

These usually don't happen at Indy because they inspect the car immediately prior to and after the qualifying attempt.

Check out http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6470744 for more info.
Wills_ An_ Idiot

Huntingburg, IN

#20 Feb 13, 2007
Will wrote:
The most boring of all events. Doesn't qualify to be called a sport.
You're not serious are you?? Just what DOES qualify to be called a sport, in your uneducated opinion??
mj-in-michigan

Dearborn, MI

#21 Feb 13, 2007
so how were they cheating? story doesn't mention what the infractions were!

Fishers, Indiana

#22 Feb 13, 2007
Sami wrote:
According to the NASCAR site Kenseth and Kahne were both due to infractions that allowed "air improperly ducted into the car". I had heard that one of them had holes in their wheel wells that were not allowed for this air...but haven't heard more about that. I know that these two had their qualifying speeds disqualified and have to start at the back for the Twins.
Riggs and Sadler were "modifications to the fasteners that hold the rear spoiler to the trunk lid to leak air out of the trunk," which was found pre-qualifying so as far as I can tell their qualifying speeds will still count.
With this track being so much about aerodynamics...while I don't understand it it must have been a possibility for a pretty big advantage for them to hit bigger names with this high of penalties as well as so many points.
They still haven't said though what is going to happen with Mikey Waltrip on the substance that they found in the intake manifold that caused them to impound the car on Sunday.
Wonder if this is a sign of things to come for the year or if it's just about Daytona.
Thanks for the info.
The point I tried to make in my first post is, racing is just getting too rule crazy.
I used to be a big fan of racing, but every year my interest gets less and less.
The part that interests me the most about racing, is seeing the ingenuity within the rules, that a team can come up with something that gives them an edge.
Now things are so over regulated, that it's basically like an IROQ race where you have to buy your own car. i.e. just glorified spec racing.

For example, I have some tapes I made of Daytona and Talladega back in the 1980's when they didn't have to run restrictor plates.
The races then were not the same "rolling parking lot" going around the track like today's race.
The cars were spaced out more, had more power, were more responsive and could pass, and there was good racing at 205-210mph.
Now it just boring, with all this emphasis on trying to make every car the same, because somebody might feel bad if their car isn't as fast as somebody else's.
At this point, the "crack smokin'" rule makers would probably pay a king's ransom to any physicist who could figure out how to make more than one object occupy the same space simultaneously.
Then they could on raceday, turn on a special machine that would allow all the cars in the race to be in the same spot at the same time.
During the race, it would just look like one car going around the track.

Then nobody would lose, every car would be tied for 1st place, and nobody's feelings would be hurt.
After the race, everybody would hold hands and sing Cum-by-ya.

At the end of the season, every driver would be tied for champion.
The only downside would be the time it would take for all those acceptance speeches. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tax refund ballerz 1 hr bub 3
circumcision benefits 1 hr bub 5
boxed valium activas (Sep '12) 5 hr tinkerbell 4
Read this quick, Topix won't leave this up for ... 9 hr Sock 5
Officers, firefighters still looking for missin... Aug '14 unowho 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Hoosier Hillbilly 92
john gore (Oct '12) Oct '12 Matt Sheckles 3
Flat Rock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Flat Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games