Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142410 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84675 Aug 2, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheist are not bashing Christians?... There are no atheist in fox holes... It's always the atheist that won't shut up about religion and always start the fight... The empty can rattles the loudest... And I wasn't saying that you were getting your ass kicked because of spelling ( we all miss spell)... It's because of your stupid statements...
Stupid statements?
I've never heard of atheist missionaries getting killed in Wherezthatistan for not trying to convert muslims. You don't hear about tele-atheist leaders taking their private jets to preach nothingness. You don't hear about atheist publicists accepting millions of dollars from fast food chains so that they can print more word of Nothing. There aren't any atheist channels on tv literally crying to get more money from widows and the underemployed. I've never heard of atheists showing up at city halls to protest the building of a mosque (or church or temple). You don't read through thousands of posts that say "I hate gays because they are an abomination to Nothing. I read it in The Nothing."
When Christians are getting bashed, it is because of their OWN actions.
uh huh

Lexington, KY

#84676 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid statements?
I've never heard of atheist missionaries getting killed in Wherezthatistan for not trying to convert muslims. You don't hear about tele-atheist leaders taking their private jets to preach nothingness. You don't hear about atheist publicists accepting millions of dollars from fast food chains so that they can print more word of Nothing. There aren't any atheist channels on tv literally crying to get more money from widows and the underemployed. I've never heard of atheists showing up at city halls to protest the building of a mosque (or church or temple). You don't read through thousands of posts that say "I hate gays because they are an abomination to Nothing. I read it in The Nothing."
And I must include this poster in the "I can make sense without sounding like a brain-washed idiot" category, even though I'm sure Yes and Amen will soon call them a "tard".
defender

United States

#84677 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven and Earth have not passed away, so I really don't think you can bank on that as a true prophecy yet.
The right person at the right time is likely to be remembered. Socrates was one man, and was also killed for heresy. We are still using his methods of debate here. Do I "believe in" Socrates as a deity? Of course not.
The Jewish temple elites were getting fat off of the people. Herod's building projects were breaking their backs. The Jews were chafing under the yoke of the Romans. Do you think that people were not already primed for a rebel? Jesus was a man with the right words at a crux in history.
Um.. Yeah they were primed for a rebel to bad Jesus wasn't that kind of rebel... He preached to love your enemy ... Love your neighbor and pay your taxes.. Some rebel... Have you ever read the book or just go by the evotard web sites?... Yes the Jews hated him and the Romans as well... But they are by no means solely responsible for his death... Once again why not take just one day to look into it?... If you're going to argue something it helps to know about it first hand not word of mouth...
defender

United States

#84678 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid statements?
You should get out more...
uh huh

Lexington, KY

#84679 Aug 2, 2012
But aren't books only "word of mouth"? There's nothing first-hand about the bible. First hand indicates directly from one person to another, not unverified publications.
uh huh

Lexington, KY

#84680 Aug 2, 2012
I really wish people would stop using "tard" in various forms. Being in a profession that deals with people who are mentally challenged, it makes me cringe every time I read it.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84681 Aug 2, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheist are not bashing Christians?... There are no atheist in fox holes... It's always the atheist that won't shut up about religion and always start the fight... The empty can rattles the loudest... And I wasn't saying that you were getting your ass kicked because of spelling ( we all miss spell)... It's because of your stupid statements...
There are many Atheist in fox holes. People do not automatically call out to some imaginary being unless they where filled with those thoughts while a young child.
And I do not hear about any religion trying to make it a law that people must follow their beliefs except for christians.
It is ONLY the christian cult that wants to kill people who are not stupid

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84682 Aug 2, 2012
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Yes and Amen will soon call them a "tard".
Been there done that. Just waiting for him to UPS the tee shirt.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84683 Aug 2, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Did you see how many satanists tortured n raped kids....
How about every other walk of life?
The Catholic church, has a problem with this... it was in the news
Sandusky had a problem with this, and he's in jail...
None of what you post has made it to the news....
until then.... it's just a satanists propoganda!
Non of what I post made it in the news? HEY STUPID, THOSE ARE ALL NEWS STORIES!
And this is proof that your god does not exist, when there are news stories you say "that was not in the news" You are dumber than a rock so I name you ROCKY

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84684 Aug 2, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.. Yeah they were primed for a rebel to bad Jesus wasn't that kind of rebel... He preached to love your enemy ... Love your neighbor and pay your taxes.. Some rebel... Have you ever read the book or just go by the evotard web sites?... Yes the Jews hated him and the Romans as well... But they are by no means solely responsible for his death... Once again why not take just one day to look into it?... If you're going to argue something it helps to know about it first hand not word of mouth...
If your jesus said all that and you want to follow him how do you explain all of the hate?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84685 Aug 2, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get out more...
LOL. You can't swing a cat without hitting a church in this burg (the locals think that's fine, just don't swing any pit bulls - they are sacred as cows to a Hindu). I don't have to go far for research, but the last time I pulled out a pen and pad an old lady made the sign of the cross and shook some garlic at me....
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#84686 Aug 2, 2012
May wish is not to kill anyone, if someone is stupid as you say, then they only need to learn. No matter what or how you believe, I dont think any of us wish harm on another in anyway. I am just trying to get myself inside the doors of heaven someday. Would love for all to be there with me , but not going to prize the door open for anyone else. I dont have that option. Not asking anyone to think as I do , just asking you to keep your mind open, to allow whatever may come in someday. See I know all to well, that the Lord has kept me alive many times.... Came to close to death alot, thru fires, storms, wrecks, and the hand of others, so I am not dead for some reason. I just like everyone else have my trials, life is just to hard and nobody is perfect. Just have to keep on travelin. Whatever , happy days to all.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84687 Aug 2, 2012
uh huh wrote:
I really wish people would stop using "tard" in various forms. Being in a profession that deals with people who are mentally challenged, it makes me cringe every time I read it.
Me too. I argued about it with him for days once to no avail - he invents his own definition and thereby justifies his cruelty.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84688 Aug 2, 2012
Buddy Bennett wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny is that is what I dislike about organized religion. God hates religion too. Look at what Jesus said to the Pharisees. They had the appearance of holiness but were not.
What did Jesus do to the money changers in the temple? He got pissed and turned over their tables. Many "Christians " are in dangerous territory because they don't really read their instruction manual. They treat church like a social club. If you stand in your garage for an hour on Sunday, do you become a Corvette?
God is real folks. I talk to him daily. He works miracles everyday. His spirit guards and guides. Too many things are not coincidence. I've wants us to make ourselves the least, love our enemy(I don't like that one too much) and seek him first.
Some days I fail miserably. Some, not so much. God bless all !
I would like to address this statement because I have stated that church people do not live by what Jesus said.
I respect a rel follow of the teachings of Christ. I do not believe in their god but I do respect them and their right to believe.
It is the frauds that must pat themselves on the back and proclaim that they are better then every one else, do what they condemn others for, and pick and choose what elevates and justifies them from the bible that I find myself at war with, not the honest to goodness follower of such things as MATTHEW 25:32-45

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84689 Aug 2, 2012
uh huh wrote:
But the whole basis of YAA's god is to elevate him above others so he has no choice but to defame others.
I applaud your working with people to help them! I have found that if you set aside your petty judgments you can see the wonder in EVERY human being.(not just the ones to make a buck off of)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84690 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven and Earth have not passed away, so I really don't think you can bank on that as a true prophecy yet.
The right person at the right time is likely to be remembered. Socrates was one man, and was also killed for heresy. We are still using his methods of debate here. Do I "believe in" Socrates as a deity? Of course not.
The Jewish temple elites were getting fat off of the people. Herod's building projects were breaking their backs. The Jews were chafing under the yoke of the Romans. Do you think that people were not already primed for a rebel? Jesus was a man with the right words at a crux in history.
And the leaders turned it around so that only good slaves will be rewarded by god. Do as you are told and never question because god made you a slave blah blah anything to control the masses
Jamrach

Pineville, KY

#84691 Aug 2, 2012
IT iS TIME FOR THIS THREAD TO DIE! START ANOTHER ONE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT NOW, NOT NEWS FROM 2 YEARS AGO.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84692 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>...
...I do not hear about any religion trying to make it a law that people must follow their beliefs except for christians.
It is ONLY the christian cult that wants to kill people who are not stupid
No, no. You can't separate the religious people from the religious ones. Obviously Muslims do it, and the Jews did it in the old testament - in fact, they did it to the early Christians. Jesus wasn't a bad guy, it is the subsequent PERVERSION of what he (and Mohammed, for that matter) said that is evil.
Your dog will defend your family with his life. That is love. A pack of dogs will maul a to child death. That is a gang. Attack dogs will kill a target. That is religion.
defender

United States

#84693 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>No, no. You can't separate the religious people from the religious ones. Obviously Muslims do it, and the Jews did it in the old testament - in fact, they did it to the early Christians. Jesus wasn't a bad guy, it is the subsequent PERVERSION of what he (and Mohammed, for that matter) said that is evil.
Your dog will defend your family with his life. That is love. A pack of dogs will maul a to child death. That is a gang. Attack dogs will kill a target. That is religion.
Nice... Gotta give you that one...
defender

United States

#84694 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If your jesus said all that and you want to follow him how do you explain all of the hate?
Well yes he did say all that... And I've yet to find any who can follow him... And he knows all about the hate... After all they nailed him to a tree...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat-Lick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kyle Campbell proud Daddy (NOT) 11 min Kaela or her friend 10
Stephen Trace Signs 45 min Lying Eyes 25
Who is best dentist 2 hr Knows 3
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 5 hr Dena 826
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Dena 3,802
Rude females employees at mt mission 6 hr Junk man 5
Is the Childern's Home a good place to work? 6 hr knowboutu 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flat-Lick Mortgages