Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,055)

Showing posts 81,081 - 81,100 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you never responded to my reply. Run, run away from reason and logic. Run, run. You run from the actual debate like a scared chicken.
Don't count yer Chikins....
I was 23 pages back, now I'm 13 pages back...
Ya see... I work, and do not spend all my time on here!
Now, what were talking about?
Oh yes... You are a Clueless, Scripture twisting tard!
Hope this helps!
CBN News letter
African-American pastors say that by embracing same-sex marriage, President Barack Obama threatens the stability of family, especially within the black community.
The Christian leaders met in Washington, D.C., Tuesday, for the launch of their campaign urging black voters not to support the president as long as he's supporting gay marriage.
"Mr. President, I'm not going to stand with you, and we have thousands of others across this country that are not going to stand with you in this foolishness," said Rev. William Owens, leader of the Coalition of African-American Pastors.
ya gotta get out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It harms no one, thus hating them or keeping rights from them is anti freedom.
Schools are teaching children not to hate on homosexuals and to be tolerant of them. Schools are not teaching how to be gay. As if that can even be taught. It is something you were either born being, or not.
Schools teach what is observed by science, not religion. Don't like it? Then you can move to one of those Muslim countries that honors religion as law.
America is a secular nation, not a theocracy.
It does harm children!
It teaches them that being a pervert is OK...
It is NOT!
We don't hate them, and they can keep it in thier own home...
You might want to let Sandusky out... He was born that way!
You wanna squeltch his rights, but not other perverts?
Double standards!
ex Student

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Separation of church and state. Don't force religion on people. This is not the middle east. This is the USA.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I told you what I was thinking. Did you not read it? Why are you asking someone else what I am thinking? Ask me, or better yet, just read what I already said on the subject. If you have a question on it, then ask me.
You might want to re-read it...
We were talking about "Ralph Lauren struck out when he had the Olympic uniforms made in China"...
Not everything is about your thoughts!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>ha ha, no god is not. Na na na boo boo.
Hahahaha!
Prove it!
uh huh

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It does harm children!
It teaches them that being a pervert is OK...
It is NOT!
We don't hate them, and they can keep it in thier own home...
You might want to let Sandusky out... He was born that way!
You wanna squeltch his rights, but not other perverts?
Double standards!
Wow. You really equate pedophilia with homosexuality? I think they need an adult ed class in biology/human sexuality more than bible studies for kids!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Abhorred ok so its like all the people who say " if I won the lottery I would give all my money to people who need it " its a safe thing to say , because the don't really believe they would win the lottery and at the same time they can look like great people ..just like you showing so much faith in god that you would kill your own child if " he" asked ...because you feel it would never be asked in the first place ..so if god is real ..how do you think "he" would feel about such an attitude
He knows I'd do it!
Plain n simple...
Just as I will proclain Chist is Lord with my neck on a muslim chopping block!
You forget... I know God is real, and He knows I know...
We talk all the time! He even told me about Nobama's intentions before his inauguration!
You wanna know what He told me about Romney?
Stay tuned!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe in A cosmic bang from nothing... DNA arising from mud.... And fish evolving into man... If thats not magic nothing is... Let me ask you this... Can you shed any light on how Stonehenge was built or the pyramids?... 200 ton rocks lifted without any kind of pulley systems?... Never seen magic huh?... Explain that... Top minds of today still can't but since you're so smart it shouldn't be a problem... Right?
Great post!
He won't get it though... Dawkins is his holyman!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I feel sure that Yaa's "god" would tell him exactly what he wants to hear.
Have you noticed all the "hahhahahahaa" from Yaa in the last week or two.
No arguments, only yelling "wrong" or "no" and crazy laughter.
I think he's losing it, poor old feller.
Hahahahaha!
Thanks for the Laugh!
You guys sure are funny lately!
BTW
God is real!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we already covered Stonehenge just like the big bang theory... We can't explain it so it all just happened anyway.. Screw the fact that it's impossible.... And where did the information for DNA to replicate come from in the first place?... Let me guess "well it just happened".... Reproduction itself goes against the theory of evolution... At what point did simple life forms gain the ability to reproduce?... "well it just happend"... And for what reason?... "uh we don't know but you're stupid for believing it was designed"... Whatever...
Great post!
Yer hitting on all 8 cylinders!
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Logic4 wrote:
Why pray? What is the purpose. If god has a plan for you will it change his mind.? Is gods word not eternal, non changing. This said, if a someone lay dying, why pray for any out come if god has a plan, is this not gods will being done.? This whole prayer thing seems so useless to me. It's like people are begging god for a different decision than the one at hand, which is already gods will.... If it is your time to go, will any amount of praying change this? I'm posting this as a serious question, so do as you may, but it seems like a useless event to me to change gods mind.
awmi.net
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Defender thinks god carved the faces in Mount Rushmore hahahahahahaha
(and YAA says there are no faces)
What a Tard!
Geesh, you know why I laugh at you goons all the time....
Because you couldn't be more WRONG!
God is real, and rushmore was made by men!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe in most cases.. But indeed my religion does drive me to find out as much as possible.... I
think I've proven to be a little smarter than first thought... Some Christians may be afraid to find out what's out there but not this one... I don't know where the idea that science disproves ID came from but I feel it supports ID now more than ever... Can't wait for the next discovery...
How exactly does it do that when all lines of evidence converge on the idea of evolution?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we'd know how megaliths were moved if a religious tyrant hadn't ordered the destruction of the library of Alexandria.
Jesus told you how!
But do you believe, and not doubt?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Um... A xian is a wise immortal, an enlightened one. Since you are referring to times of the enlightenment... okay, but Christianity doesn't fathom the concepts of wu wei or te very well.
No, I'm not referring to anything Eastern. The writing of Christian as "Xian" came from the Greek "Chi" for Christ which looks like an "X".

Nothing at all to do with Eastern religion or philosophy. Different Xian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That theories are unproven should go without saying. At the same time, Intelligent Design must be counted as a theory as well as evolution. I personally think that some 70,000 years ago we almost went extinct, and that because of the environmental stressors we changed. I don't call that evolution, I call it adaptation.
Please don't take this as an attack on religion or the religious, my opinion is a generalization.
I don't see religion as having anything to do with high or low intelligence. There are those who think that faith is a capacity. I don't. Most people don't see any difference between spirituality and religion. I do. I think adherance to a religion indicates a personal inability to identify and engage one's fears. I think that religious "capacity of faith" is a self protection against an unknown, mysterious and undefined danger. The Bible and the church gives a framework in which subconscious fears are given demonstrable objects and faith is given substantive support. Within this, seekers experience a sense of relief, security, empowerment and an illusion of freedom - but to what degree depends on the individual. For most, those original fears are never identified and dealt with. They are not gone, just masked. They easily manifest again whenever the structure of safety is percieved to be threatened by outside cultures, orientations or viewpoints.
ID doesn't actually rise to the level of a Scientific Theory. This is a settled matter until they can come up with a proper theory that can be put to the test.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
The Roman church did not want to live by the Jewish law so they rewrote (or wrote for all we know) the bible to change things around to what they MAN wanted.
Well that just would not do for some other people so they rewrote and changed around the bible to suit their lifestyle.
This has happened a few times, the bible was even gone through and certain parts found undesirable by the Europeans.
Enter modern day christians that pick and choose from the bible, selecting the parts that are convenient and ignoring the parts that do not fit their lifestyle.
And mentally unstable people rant "god is real, god is real". I have news for you, Schizophrenia can be treated with medication and then you can live a normal life. There is help, seek a Doctor and be saved.
Clueless!
God is real!
You will know it too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>Shocking as in to find how brutal it can be at times ... Most Christians who don't study or are to busy worrying about who's going to hell and what's to eat after the service miss the fact that the bible is rather unpleasant at times... Not many other religions show this side of things.... What are some of the best arguments against Christianity?.... Well one would be the other very similar Gods of the time... Like Mithra and Horus... Their stories are very similar and there are Plenty of others... So why then believe in Jesus? I gotta admit this one got to me for awhile but I'm glad I looked deeper... Also there are stories of the flood that predate the bible version... What is true Christianity? A journey... I'm not trying to convert anyone to what I believe so I'll just say this... One man with no army, no political power and only twelve men following him stood in the face if sure death and said "Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words shall not".... How can this be? This one man 2000 years ago with nothing and nobody could still set this world on fire? In this day and age with all the technology money can buy going against him... His words have not passed away... Quite profound...
Much the same thing can be said of the Prophet of Islam, and his religion is growing even faster. Heck, Joseph Smith was a con artist and there are a few million Mormons today.

People look for things to believe.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you back Mike, your posts are very educational..
Thanks man. I learn from everyone. Even those I disagree with. I learn why they think what they think. Of course many of them are to closed minded to learn anything here.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

and I laugh wrote:
<quoted text>
You come to Topix for education?
I thought so...
And here is one of the closed minded now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,081 - 81,100 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Flat-Lick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Flat-Lick Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Flat-Lick People Search