Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 167595 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

defender

United States

#84709 Aug 2, 2012
uh huh wrote:
My grandmother was unique. She had a devout faith in god and attended church regularly, often to help with functions for people in need or youth. She listened to christian music, read the bible, and I'm sure she prayed often. The woman never smoked, drank alcohol, and I never heard a curse word out of her mouth. She tolerated a marriage that I wouldn't have. Never a word of ill toward any person of any race, political affiliation, belief, or sexual orientation. She truly cared for everyone and was a source of strength and inspiration to me.
However - she never preached her beliefs, tried to sway anyone, argued religion, or doubted anyone's right to have their own opinion. Not once did she criticize or try to push me into church or berate any of my actions, even when they didn't parallel hers. She quietly practiced her own faith.
My hat's off to all believers in god who can do so sincerely, devoutly, quietly and non-aggressively. She's the only one I've ever met.
She sounds like a wonderful lady... We need more people like that today...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84710 Aug 2, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
So they are stupid but in good shape?... Lol.. I don't want some nut bag teaching the bible to children anymore than you do... But on the other hand I don't want evolutionist claiming truth to their foolishness either... Teach the theory don't preach the theory... Is that asking to much?
Asking too much? No, but I REALLY wish we would ask for better.
Sport nuts claim that athletics is the only reason some kids get good grades - students have to pass in order to stay on the team. There's also the thought that football keeps kids from dropping out and offers them the best chance for scholarships.
I've seen teachers with masters passed over for coaches with phys ed bachelors. In my freshman year algebra, the teacher would write an assignment on the board and then go tutor his junior wrestling star for the rest of the period. Fail rate for that class was over 30%. In the district I used to live in they shut down all the industrial arts and half of the ag programs because they couldn't afford them - then they raised property and sales taxes to build new stadiums and gyms for the 20 junior and 5 high schools.
John Calipari makes $5.2 M a year compared to the UK president that "only" makes $500k.
Want to talk about how the US leads the world in education?
defender

United States

#84711 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta step back a ways. I haven't been in a science class in decades. Different DOE's and schools have different texts, and every teacher has their own style. Somewhere in there are going to be teachers who might push one direction or the other. In either case, just as with you and me, it is the process of becoming an adult that contributes more to acceptance or disbelief, don't you think?
Yes I would agree... What kills me is my niece (11) can speak Spanish but couldn't tell you who we fought in war war II .... If they really wanted to stop this conflict with teaching the bible in school all they would have to do is allow it... You can't get two Christians to agree on pizza toppings much less a teacher going on about God to their children...
defender

United States

#84712 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Asking too much? No, but I REALLY wish we would ask for better.
Sport nuts claim that athletics is the only reason some kids get good grades - students have to pass in order to stay on the team. There's also the thought that football keeps kids from dropping out and offers them the best chance for scholarships.
I've seen teachers with masters passed over for coaches with phys ed bachelors. In my freshman year algebra, the teacher would write an assignment on the board and then go tutor his junior wrestling star for the rest of the period. Fail rate for that class was over 30%. In the district I used to live in they shut down all the industrial arts and half of the ag programs because they couldn't afford them - then they raised property and sales taxes to build new stadiums and gyms for the 20 junior and 5 high schools.
John Calipari makes $5.2 M a year compared to the UK president that "only" makes $500k.
Want to talk about how the US leads the world in education?
Don't ya'll be talkin bout my wildcats.. Dem thare are fightin words!!... Lol... You're right man... Can't disagree... Come on now we've gotten along too much here... Throw me some more of that evolution crap...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84713 Aug 2, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ya'll be talkin bout my wildcats.. Dem thare are fightin words!!... Lol... You're right man... Can't disagree... Come on now we've gotten along too much here... Throw me some more of that evolution crap...
You mean like how they think they've found the missing link, but can't be sure until the season starts in Loiusville? LOL
Sadist

Richmond, KY

#84714 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
How many atheists does it take to change a light bulb? Two.
One to actually change the bulb, the other to videotape it so YAA won't claim that god did it
Meanwhile, satanists wouldn't change the light bulb at all. They prefer living in the darkness.

You simpletons are really too easy.

What has your god ever done? Nothing. He doesn't exist. You religious NUTS need to be secluded on an island in the path of a typhoon.
Sadist

Richmond, KY

#84715 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then he is one sadistic bastard!
But satan is all peaches and cream?

Bwahahahahaha

I bet your brain is squeaky clean, Horndawg.
I worship SATIN

Richmond, KY

#84716 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
YAA your version of god is not worthy of worship. Plain and simple he just falls short.Thou god art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting
Tell us why your imaginary god is worth worshiping, Horny.
I'd say Santa is just as worthy, wouldn't you?
I have yet to see anything you proved and you failed to respond to all the reports of the satanists who have molested children recently. Why do you teach people to molest kids?
Why so quiet? Be bold. Defend your god.

LOL
Duquette on Mike

Richmond, KY

#84718 Aug 2, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And here is one of the closed minded now.
Awww, it hurt Mr Doo-Kay's feelings when I laughed at a poster for thanking you for your "Topix education."

MENSA Mike.. professor of TOPIXOLOGY... proudly educating the Topix scholars from his PC pulpit.
All who ridicule his drivel are "closed minded."

LOL
Duquette on Mike

Richmond, KY

#84719 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I believe; The earth and everything on it is real, that the universe is so large and old that humans are but a speck of sand on an infinite beach yet have achieved wonderful things. That I can not fathom (that means know and understand troll boy) the entire universe. That life is sacred, that the lack of wanting is the beginning of happiness (working on that one) I believe that while there may be beings so vastly superior to us it is not what the Abrahamic cults claim. Sorry but an angry vengeful god is not a loving forgiving god who hates every one that the cults hate... Nope. I believe that there is energy in everything and that SATAN IS A WORD MEANING ADVERSARY NOT A NAME OF A DEVIL
Now you're calling somebody else a troll. So everybody who disagrees with you is a troll?

What a cop out.

If you believe, "The earth and everything on it is real," then why do you believe in a god?
Your religion is full of holes.

Go ahead and stick the word A S S in front of holes, Horny. I don't mind.
Quantys Ointment

Richmond, KY

#84720 Aug 2, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Replying to the lower life forms is not helpful... He's just a troll looking to piss someone off and not worth your time attempting conversation...
You do realize that responding with a post, even to somebody else, is still acknowledging ME, even if you're scared to reply to me directly, right, Quanty? Thanks for the feed.

Ring for the nurse and maybe she'll bring you something to sooth your chafed ass.
Quantys Ointment

Richmond, KY

#84721 Aug 2, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Q, you've been on these forums for a while and I will take your advice. I'm sort of a newbie and of course have much to learn.
You don't have to announce to anybody you're a newbie at anything, flake.
Your posts reek of that newborn babe ignorance.

But, yes, take Quanty's advice and ignore everybody who hurts your itty bitty feelings.
That's probably easier for a "noob."
Quantummists Dentures

Richmond, KY

#84722 Aug 2, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> now, some folks are trying to have it both ways. Satanic Priest cannot be both:
1) BOUND to his own religion (with the caps)
and 2) just doing it for the tax break.
I vote that he is doing it partly for a few things in his religious views, and partly for the tax break, and partly for the adventure of navigating the system. I need to know more about what he does believe, but based on what he does NOT believe, so far I say - right on!
so which accusation do you opt for?
He most certainly can be BOUND to his religion and a criminal at the same time.
Jim Baker was.

I said he used the title of "priest" to evade his taxes.
He is still bound to his religion... he's just not a "real" priest.

He posts more like a pouting former Christian (a backslider) with a chip on his shoulder. A hypocrite.

Take comfort though, you're no hypocrite, farmer girl. You're just a fool. Yee Haw.
Spaceship Anonymous

Richmond, KY

#84723 Aug 2, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of mentally masturbating yourself over people spelling errors you should be looking for a job or studying something that would make your life meaningful to you.
Try studying with Jehovah witnesses they will help you find what you seek. Maybe the mormons could help you with your spritual illness. Have YAA pray for you he is the watchman for Jesus. You must learn to oppose the devil and he will flee from you.
You should not harass the christians on here for sport our you could be cursing yourself "karma".
"It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea"(Luke 17:1-2)
Or just sign up on topix and select your moniker and debate so we can track who you are when speaking on this forum an other threads. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, maybe you could have something to offer besides your frustration with others.
What a load of hooey. I can smell the funk from here.

Instead of getting your panties in a bind when somebody points out your ignorance, just get a real education, then you won't have to get embarrassed and explain yourself.

Don't quote Bible verses to me, fool. I won't read anything you cultic extremists smear on here in your twisted and contorted lunacy.

I have never targeted any Christian. I have; however, hurt the feelings of several lunatic cultists like yourself. All I can say is... BOO HOO. Sprout a chest hair.

Registering does not reveal your identity, enable you to be "tracked," or make a person any more "real." I don't see you using your own name, so I'll just call you hypocrite. Is that ok, Noob?
havent forgotten

Richmond, KY

#84724 Aug 2, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> you aren't the monster, it is the imposter who thinks he is the monster. at least as a registered member it is easy to recognize the real you by the green box. for me, an imposter has the chore of figuring out how to write in my own inimitable style - talk about impossible. I have enough trouble doing it!
Yes, farmer girl, we realize you have a difficult time developing style. No need to state the obvious but thanks for the confirmation anyway.

I see an unregistered user telling others it's good to register.
I take back my former statement.. you ARE a hypocrite.

I have two ass cheeks that could use a farmer girl smooch.
havent forgotten

Richmond, KY

#84725 Aug 2, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> are you sure you believe Satan exists? are you really a closet queer, and a pervert without guilt or remorse, a lawbreaker and a liar, or are you projecting your wish list that you dare not actually carry out, onto someone else? that happens with imposters, i suspect.
so how many people have you unsuccessfully imposted upon so far - new word, for an imposter's behavior - not sure whether it exists or not.
The farmer girl made up another word... that really showcases your education, rube.

Let me educate you, Betsy.

Using somebody's user name is NOT being an impostor. If I were pretending to be that person, trying to pass my posts off as his/hers... THAT would be "imposting" as you said in your own little hillbilly way. I'm not pretending to be you, I'm just using your name since it pisses you off and you cry about it so much. It's fun to watch you go off the deep end over a name like it's a copyright infringement or identity theft in the real world.

ROFL
Quantummist

Richmond, KY

#84726 Aug 2, 2012
*soothe,* Quanty.

Though you deny reading my posts, I know you really do.
ChromiuMan

San Jose, CA

#84727 Aug 2, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
.... had to take gym all 4 years.
I hear you, Bubba.
Unfortunately, you, like most hilljacks, still end up fat and out of shape.
DRAGiago

San Jose, CA

#84728 Aug 2, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly does it do that when all lines of evidence converge on the idea of evolution? PS I am a DRAG QUEEN, so F all of you closed minded fools!
Yiago QUESTIONED her femininity.

So she EXPLORED...

And DISCOVERED, that it is; indeed, just a tiny phallus.
Quantummist

Richmond, KY

#84729 Aug 2, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
http://www.aol.com/video/megac hurch-pastor-admits-to-affair- with-teen/517432142/?a_dgi=aol share_facebook
And yet again! Those christians sure do love children!
I'd say they love them about as much as these satanists (your own kind) who have been convicted for raping children for decades:

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/world/51874...

I blame you, Horny, and ALL satanists. How about that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat-Lick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our hospital 1 min Curious 3
Sarah miracle 1 min wondering 11
Claiborne Nursing Home 6 min Curious 3
Thank You Carnell for having Customer Appreciat... 8 min Pshhh 2
bville women's club supporting Adultry 17 min In the know 2
Firewood Wanted 2 hr Bandersnatch 1
Dollar General Store 3 hr Washin 6

Flat-Lick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance