Treadz Tire Center
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#4 Dec 21, 2012
A man came in yesterday and wanted one Goodyear tire. I didn't have it but I told him I could have the next morning.. He needed it really bad so I told him to go up to Goodyear and I was sure they would have that brand and that he could probably get it cheaper. He left and came back in 15 minutes and said "I want you to order that tire".
I asked him "didn't they have it either" and he said that they did but they were higher. I asked him what they wanted for it and he said $163. I couldn't believe it was that high. I priced it to him for $118 before he even went up to Goodyear.
$45 difference from one shop to another.
I have been told by many people that they were too high but never did any dealing with them so I really didn't know.
I'm not trying to knock my competition, I am just saying that most people in this area can't afford prices like that.
If anyone needs Tires, Brakes, Computer Alignments, Oil Change, Suspension and any front end work (bearings, ball joints, tie rods etc) then stop in and see us.
Merry Christmas to all.
Nicholas

Manchester, KY

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Do you turn rotors?
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Nicholas wrote:
Do you turn rotors?
We don't have a lathe yet but we take them and get them turned when we need to.
I plan to get a brake lathe soon so I can do them myself.
Question

London, KY

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Treadz wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have a lathe yet but we take them and get them turned when we need to.
I plan to get a brake lathe soon so I can do them myself.
Where are you located?
xxxxx

United States

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Treadz, Your "competition" you referred to is Brent? He is running 3 business and grossing about 20,000,000.00 a year. You are changing flats on Knox Street! Because some guy is trying to find a bargin on a tire don't make you competition!
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#9 Dec 22, 2012
xxxxx wrote:
Treadz, Your "competition" you referred to is Brent? He is running 3 business and grossing about 20,000,000.00 a year. You are changing flats on Knox Street! Because some guy is trying to find a bargin on a tire don't make you competition!
I'm happy for Brent. If he makes $100 million then that's good for him. Do you really think we are only fixing flats here?
We've done 40 computer alignments in the last 3 weeks. Sold over 50 sets of new tires. Changed over 30 sets of brakes and who knows how many flats and all the other work we've done.
One could or could not call that competition.
We have only been open for 6 weeks.
From my point of view I'm sure that they will feel the effects of us being open.
Bottom line it doesn't matter to me how much money anyone makes...
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you located?
We are located on Knox Street in Barbourville in the Old Jacks Wheel Alignment building beside Dairy Queen.
Stop in and see us.
Merry Christmas.
Cootz

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 22, 2012
What are your hours?
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2012
Cootz wrote:
What are your hours?
M-F. 8-5
Sat 8-12
Closed Sunday.
Rotors

London, KY

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Take your rotors to Doyle, the parts and paint store on 25. The little business on the right as you turn to go to graceway recycling. I believe he charges 5 per rotor.
memee

Corbin, KY

#14 Dec 24, 2012
Ineed my Rotors turned when is Doyle open.
terrible

United States

#16 Dec 24, 2012
This place is a joke. The mechanics are not ASE certified and their service is pitiful. The only place in town worth using is Goodyear up on the highway. The reason this place is cheaper is because they have no clue what they are doing so don't risk putting your vehicle in the hands of incompetence.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Treadz wrote:
<quoted text>
M-F. 8-5
Sat 8-12
Closed Sunday.
I have a question for you... Has nothing to do with cars... I need to press out the outer cam bearings from the cam plate on my bike... Looking for some place that has a bench press to press out the old bearings and press in the new ones... If you guys have a press would pay you a reasonable price to use it for about an hour...
crackerjack

Corbin, KY

#18 Dec 24, 2012
xxxxx wrote:
i dont know anything about the people at treadz nor have i ever been thare,but i have been to goodyear a few times an when i have seen brent out somewhere he has his nose turned up in the air an cant take the time to even speak to me.i know that might sound childish but in a small town like we live in that means alot.
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#19 Dec 24, 2012
terrible wrote:
This place is a joke. The mechanics are not ASE certified and their service is pitiful. The only place in town worth using is Goodyear up on the highway. The reason this place is cheaper is because they have no clue what they are doing so don't risk putting your vehicle in the hands of incompetence.
Anyone with a few years in automotive can become ASE certified by taking tests that consist of multiple choice questions. A piece of paper doesn't always mean someone knows what they are doing.
I'm not saying that people with ASE certification don't know what they are doing. What I am saying that you don't have to be a genius to pass the tests and get an ASE Certification.

From your comment you must have personal experience about the service you received. I just wished you would have shared it.
Over 300 customers in 6 weeks and only 2 seemed to have a problem.
One bought a used tire and drove on it for 4 days and ran over something that put a hole all the way through it and wanted me to replace it for free.
The other had a tie rod that was about to fall out and before we replaced it she was told that it would need aligned ASAP because it would be dangerous to drive. She came back the next day and said she couldn't hold it in the road. We didn't have our alignment machine installed at that time she told us to adjust the alignment as close as we can. It took us an hour & 20 minutes to do that and I charged her $20. Her son drove the car and said it was driving good. She paid the $20. She came back in 30 minutes and demanded her money back because she thought that the car shouldn't have drove that way after we replaced the tie rod. Although she was warned before hand that the car needed aligned...I gave her money back.

I always thank my customers for their business and always say "come back and see us".
Nearly every one of them (except the two described above) say "I Will".

We have many customers that have been well pleased with our service and will have many more.

I can't knock Goodyear about their service. I'm sure they know what they are doing. I personally have never even walked through their doors so I can't say either way.

I have recommended many people to go to Goodyear for services we don't offer.
I don't do that to help them make more money.
I do it because when someone needs help with their vehicle I try to point them in the direction to get their problem taken care of.
Treadz

Manchester, KY

#20 Dec 24, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you... Has nothing to do with cars... I need to press out the outer cam bearings from the cam plate on my bike... Looking for some place that has a bench press to press out the old bearings and press in the new ones... If you guys have a press would pay you a reasonable price to use it for about an hour...
We do have a press and probably can do it for you. We can't let you use our press but we would be glad to do it for you if we can. Just bring it by and we will see what we can do. Thanks for asking.
Have a Merry Christmas.
bob

London, KY

#21 Dec 26, 2012
Brent is no competition, he is an azzh-le
Gnome

Cynthiana, KY

#22 Dec 26, 2012
terrible wrote:
don't risk putting your vehicle in the hands of incompetence.
I did just that once, well my woman did while I was away. She took the car to Goodyear, right into the hands of incompetence, and they really done a number on her/me. They even striped the bolt holes out that held the brake calipers on. Had to buy those two pieces out of my pocket, so my brake calipers would stay on.

While I was standing there telling them that they were idiots. Some lady pulls in that had just picked her car up and says, my Check Engine light is on, is it supposed to be like that? They told her yeah, it's fine, just drive it.

I walked off and have NEVER been back.
Tire Guy

Corbin, KY

#23 Dec 27, 2012
You need to get better prices on tires. Just an FYI..

I had you price some tires a few days ago and when to another location. And they had the tires in stock and were $35 cheaper per tire. Just and FYI for you....

Not being mean or anything just letting you know you may want to find a better supplier if that's possible.

Also.. No one needs to go to Goodyear and they can't do anything right. Completely useless....
Treadz Tire Center

United States

#24 Dec 28, 2012
Tire Guy wrote:
You need to get better prices on tires. Just an FYI..
I had you price some tires a few days ago and when to another location. And they had the tires in stock and were $35 cheaper per tire. Just and FYI for you....
Not being mean or anything just letting you know you may want to find a better supplier if that's possible.
Also.. No one needs to go to Goodyear and they can't do anything right. Completely useless....
Tire Guy,
I am glad you got a good deal on your tires. That's what its all about. There are many factors that come in to play when you buy tires. I have 3 distributors I buy my tires from and they all are within $5 of each other on their prices. So finding another tire company isn't always the solution.
The one's you bought could have been in their inventory for a long time and they wanted to get rid of them. They could have bought a bunch of them at one time and got a great deal on those particular tires.
I posted in this thread already that I was $45 cheaper per tire than another place was on the exact same tire. That's $180 cheaper on a complete set.
Many people tell me that my prices are cheapest they have found and a few said that I was higher but I still try to work with them to get their business.
You saved $140 and that is great but I have had many tell me that I have been over $200 cheaper than other competitors. One guy said we were almost $300 cheaper.
Everyone wants to get a great deal and it sounds like you got one.
In today's economy I too even look for a better deal as most people do because every dollar counts.
Please don't let that purchase stop you from coming back. Like I said if they were that much cheaper then other factors may have been in play than just us being too high.
You have a wonderful day and hope to see you again.
Treadz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat-Lick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teachers are important but charter schools are ... 5 min Voters 24
Eversole or Phipps for Judge 7 min Well 16
Phipps for Judge executive 8 min He sure is 3
The girl found dead at swan pond church 13 min Wife Beating Husband 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min Paul 174,718
Is jailer candidate coming off Ballot ? 1 hr Smart 2
Sabrina Hibbard 1 hr smashed up 3

Flat-Lick Jobs

Personal Finance

Flat-Lick Mortgages