First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Disappointed

Matawan, NJ

#1 Feb 8, 2012
Sounds like Mrs.Bammer has left. Who/what now?
Sad to Hear

Parlin, NJ

#2 Feb 9, 2012
Sad to hear. She was a classy lady and the kids loved her. I wish her well.
not sure

Landing, NJ

#3 Feb 9, 2012
Well she had her baby...is she maybe on maternity leave??
Concerned Parent

Morristown, NJ

#4 Feb 9, 2012
She is not returning after maternity leave. She is going to another school. While the majority of the Board (especially some of the new ones) are trying to make positive changes and move forward, there may be one or two who micro-manage the Principal and has been rude and abrupt to Mrs. Bammer at the Board Meetings. I wish her well, she deserves nothing but the best.
not sure

Landing, NJ

#5 Feb 9, 2012
Don't blame her one bit!!! Someone as educated as her and with the class and etiquette she puts forth i wouldn't want to be working in the "hood" either...ok come at me now ya'll!!!!!
Not Surprised

Old Bridge, NJ

#6 Feb 9, 2012
Some of the former and current members of the NBOE pushed Mr. Grube out, Ms. Vandervielt (former vice principal/child study team/speech teacher), and now Mrs. B. But the three Netcong formers will come together at last and no doubt make their district, Lincoln Park, a top performing one. Too bad Netcong students are losing out. Hopefully, they will be replaced by administrators that have the children's best interest at heart and can stand tall to those NBOE members who continue to push top quality employees out the door.
Disappointed

Matawan, NJ

#7 Feb 9, 2012
Not Surprised, either are we. You're right and how sad it is. Does the BOE REALLY HAVE THE CHILDREN'S BEST INTEREST IN MIND? If so, it's time the bully goes. She couldcare less about the kids and gets off pushing the good ones away. I only hope Everhart and Phenning know what their doing.
No Way

Matawan, NJ

#8 Feb 9, 2012
I don't believe Mrs. Bammer is leaving. She said she'd come back. Who does that leave us with if this is true? Who is Everhare?
WOW

Parlin, NJ

#9 Feb 10, 2012
Not Surprised wrote:
Some of the former and current members of the NBOE pushed Mr. Grube out, Ms. Vandervielt (former vice principal/child study team/speech teacher), and now Mrs. B. But the three Netcong formers will come together at last and no doubt make their district, Lincoln Park, a top performing one. Too bad Netcong students are losing out. Hopefully, they will be replaced by administrators that have the children's best interest at heart and can stand tall to those NBOE members who continue to push top quality employees out the door.
Netcong's Loss...Lincoln Park's Gain. Wake up NBOE!! Three great people gone due to your ignorance!!! Sad!
Sad to Hear

Parlin, NJ

#10 Feb 10, 2012
Now why would you judge my post like that. She IS a classy lady, the kids DO love her and I'm just wishing her well. GROW UP!!!
provolone 22

Bayville, NY

#11 Feb 10, 2012
Ms. Vandervielt (sp?) was fired from every job she ever held. No loss there.
Sorry to see Mrs. Bammer go but she was not superintendent material. She was a good principle but she was way over her head in the big office.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 10, 2012
As far as I am concerned...Good Riddance. Bammer was a lousy administrator who never held the bad teachers responsible. Netcong school is a cesspool and Bammer is one of prime reasons that our children are not learning. Once again...Good Riddance.
Confirmed

Somerset, NJ

#13 Feb 10, 2012
Poor Richard

Livingston, NJ

#14 Feb 10, 2012
I will raise the issue.

Is there a problem will keeping qualified administrators in the Netcong Disrtict? It does look like Mr. Grube thinks there is and he is exploting that to recruit talent away from Netcong.

If there is a problem, it is likely caused by low pay or poor management by the Board of Education. I have written this before, Netcong's tax base is too small to support it's own school district and pay enough to keep talented eductors. On the other hand, a nine person BOE is absurd. It is easy to see how the Board chases administrators away by a large group trying to micro manage everything. A nine member board to oversee a small school isn't democracy. It is dysfunctional.

It's is time to think about ideas for reform before this problem becomes bigger.
Concerned Parent

Morristown, NJ

#15 Feb 10, 2012
I don' think the problem is Jim Grube recruiting talent people away from Netcong. People network and he may have told people that he had an opening. But, do you think that Mrs. Bammer would be leaving if she was so happy where she was? Probably not and perhaps she could have asked for more money if she wanted to stay. I would leave in a heartbeat to work in a more positive environment too. This was a no-brainer for her.
yikes

Landing, NJ

#16 Feb 10, 2012
The problem here is the BOE. Just like the problem with the town is the council. It's the clicks that rule around here. Either get used to it, or get out of "Dodge". Nothing worng with Jim Grube wanting to surround himself with good people. That's how you achieve success; you surround yourself with good people. The BOE and Town Council in Netcong serve the interests of themselves. And even if there are any good members on either board, they get over ruled by the clicks. Thats just the way it goes in a small town; small minds.
what now

Matawan, NJ

#17 Feb 11, 2012
But what now? What has happened is sad. Mrs. Bammer was forced to wear too many hats. Alot of what's been posted is pure crap. Grube is doing what he should do. He's a good administrator and so is Bammer. Too bad they couldn't work their magic in Netcong. There's no dedication anymore. There can't be because certain members of the BOE make it impossible for the good ones to stay. It's easier to have puppets. There just aren't any "Dr. Togno's" anymore. Now that is a man, a professional that wouldn't run or be pushed around.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#18 Feb 13, 2012
I would like to see the following happen. As a parent who will have 2 children in the school system. I would like to see if the children are not returning with test scores that are on par with Morris county schools then start moving teachers out. There is no reason why a school that consist of classroom sizes that are half of other schools are returning with poor scores. Sorry but get rid of the teachers that are holding back the children and replace them with younger and fresh new blood. A teacher that has been in the system forever could be replaced by 2 new teachers. But obviously I do not know how this whole system works that once you are approved by the BOE your job is saved for life.
EYES WIDE OPEN

Bronx, NY

#19 Feb 13, 2012
Money talks and when it does people come running.

Jim Grube left for money and Bammer is too.

Wendy V she was is and will always be useless. Byram got netcong's trash and then fired her.

Grube sucked money from the school to pay for his new degree and certificates so he could get out of the town he loves so much and make more money.

And that is what Bammer is doing too.

The money talked and they went.
YO PEPP

Bronx, NY

#20 Feb 13, 2012
Pepperoni21 wrote:
As far as I am concerned...Good Riddance. Bammer was a lousy administrator who never held the bad teachers responsible. Netcong school is a cesspool and Bammer is one of prime reasons that our children are not learning. Once again...Good Riddance.
There's my man! Always glad to hear from you and as always I agree!

Bammer was a friend to all and a BOSS to none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fanuccis 8 hr Freddy 10
St Michael's 15 hr Lynn Guinee 1
Netcong School trying to drown taxpayers in 201... Aug 17 Taxpayer 27
netcong auto restorers (Jun '14) Jun '16 WTF 6
No air conditions at McDonalds Jun '16 Csbbrodie 1
Oakwood village Apr '16 KAK1108 1
News Clients detail problems with Randolph home desi... (Nov '06) Mar '16 Aidan 5

Flanders Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flanders Mortgages