Haunting cries of teenage boys, 'I do...

Haunting cries of teenage boys, 'I don't want to die'

There are 8 comments on the Legacy Matters story from Jan 15, 2013, titled Haunting cries of teenage boys, 'I don't want to die'. In it, Legacy Matters reports that:

Two high school students desperately begged for help after their bicycles fell through a frozen-over New Jersey lake, with one screaming 'I don't want to die,' in his final moments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Legacy Matters.

baby castro

New York, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2013
No bikes were mentioned in any reports & if you heard something (or if anyone did, for that matter) wouldn't you/someone else have done something? Common sense says.
netcong gurl 4 life

Randolph, NJ

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Well I heard that the MOPD heard them SCREAMING for help nd did they do anythin????????NOPE!!!!Yes you think they would /should be trained in someway for a incident like this should happen.....Nd the father of one boy said his son was riding his bike....But that has'nt anythin to do wit the incident that had happened....REST IN PEACE CLYDE ND NICK
You are clueless

Millville, NJ

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Ok, so now the cops should be carrying ice rescue sleds and gear in their cars, along with the first aid equipment, fire extinguishers, weapons, blankets, reports, flashlights, radios, etc, etc. Netcong gurl, you have no clue what it's like to be a police officer do you? The FIRE DEPARTMENT & RESCUE SQUAD have the ice rescue equipment and I'm sure were there quickly. A police officer is surely not going to dive through icy waters in the middle of the night when they don't even know where the victims were. You know why? Because they would surely perish also. Don't knock the cops. I'm sure if they could have rescued these kids without killing themselves, they would have gone above and beyond to save them. Don't comment on "what you've heard".
wrong

Stanhope, NJ

#4 Jan 18, 2013
This is SOO the wrong thing to being arguing over...they are gone! These poor boys died a terrible and painful death. Out there alone in the cold dark night and not being able to get out of the freezing water knowing at some point that they were taking their last breaths. The details do not matter anymore and everything was done to try to save them. When hypothermia from below freezing water temps hits you it is very quick and VERY painful. Try putting just your hand in an ice bucket with water for 5 minutes and imagine there poor entire bodies in that...they quickly felt everything shutting down and most likely went into cardiac arrest and sunk to the bottom. I'm sure our Lord took there hands and warmed them up as he pulled them out to go home with him...that's the peace and clarity in all of this and hopefully the families and friends of these souls can find the peace as well.
eggplantparm

Flemington, NJ

#5 Jan 18, 2013
How 'bout it!...leave it alone!!
Wow

Rockaway, NJ

#6 Jan 18, 2013
I really hope the comments were made by kids that were not informed correctly. Let the boys rest let the families rest and let the pd fd and emts rest.
netcong gurl 4 life

Randolph, NJ

#7 Jan 20, 2013
CLUELESS.........I knew one of those boys nd family so I'm just sayin what I heard.....WRONG.....You are SOOO rite let them REST IN PEACE..........NEVER FORGOTTEN CLYDE<)NICK 1/07/13
browneyedgirl

Mount Arlington, NJ

#8 Sep 14, 2013
I was Clydies guardian. No bikes were involved, This tragedy has left Nicks family and my family torn to pieces. so, please keep your ridiculous comments to yourself as to your summation as to what happened that tragic nite. Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netcong Restaurant Owner & Netcong Borough Coun... 15 min Interesting 2
Arrested 1 hr Oh my really 1
Review: Fanucci's Cafe Gelato (Dec '12) 6 hr Netcong resident 47
News Mount Olive police seek public help finding dri... Wed russellp 1
News Man Shot Dead in Flanders Home, Authorities Say (Mar '14) Mar '14 Identified 1
New construction at the Former location of The ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Clover hill resident 1
police activity on 206 in Flanders (Jul '13) Jul '13 patel_25 2
More from around the web

Flanders People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]