I need to report my landlord

I need to report my landlord

Posted in the Flaherty Forum

fed up

Council Bluffs, IA

#1 Aug 14, 2013
I need to do something about my landlord.He refuses to do repairs and ignores all my phone calls when I need him.The times he DOES call me back its days later and whenever he wants to 'fix' anything he just temporarily rigs it. Who can I report him to? Btw I'm no longer on a lease if that matters, I have the feeling he's ignoring me because this is the case and he thinks he doesn't have to show up when I need him, or he's tired of me calling him for things. But the fact is when something needs to be done its his job to fix it.
PHD in Life

Vine Grove, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2013
First GET A LEASE!
Then you have a real right to complain.

Stop PAYING RENT!
Whats he going to do, turn off your water / electricity or kick you out?

MOVE!
Get the HELL-outa California!!!! No wonder you cant get anything fixed, the whole state is BROKE!

Detroit needs more real Taxpayers.......... ;)
fed up

Council Bluffs, IA

#3 Aug 15, 2013
PHD in Life wrote:
First GET A LEASE!
Then you have a real right to complain.
Stop PAYING RENT!
Whats he going to do, turn off your water / electricity or kick you out?
MOVE!
Get the HELL-outa California!!!! No wonder you cant get anything fixed, the whole state is BROKE!
Detroit needs more real Taxpayers.......... ;)
Well I don't want to start a new lease, if I start a new one it'll be someplace else lol. And trust me I do wanna live somewhere else, but I currently pay the lowest rent around and I live close to my job, so I would like to stay if I could. I just want to make him man up and realize he has to do his duties. If I stop paying rent he can evict me since I'm not a lease.
Rex

Louisville, KY

#4 Aug 15, 2013
If you start an escro account to put your rent into, you can with hold his rent until repairs are made. The trick is, to make sure you actually deposit the money, it's your only bargaining chip. When he satisfies the repairs, he gets the money, the bank backs you up.
OKFC

United States

#5 Sep 5, 2013
Contact the city and speak to the housing inspectors and schedule an inspection of the place. If the place is in bad enough condition, they'll strip his landlord license, but they may also condemn the place until he fixes it, which would force you to have to move out though.
ky hpusing dept

Doniphan, MO

#6 Oct 29, 2013
laughable

Richmond, KY

#7 Nov 2, 2013
Move. There are apartments everywhere around here. As well as trailer parks and houses to rent. Be proactive when you sign with the leasor. Ask questions. You are that person's client.
Landlord

Brandenburg, KY

#9 May 21, 2016
OKFC wrote:
Contact the city and speak to the housing inspectors and schedule an inspection of the place. If the place is in bad enough condition, they'll strip his landlord license, but they may also condemn the place until he fixes it, which would force you to have to move out though.
What the hell is a landlord license. Been a landlord for 7 years ,never heard of this.
Ha Ha Ha

Radcliff, KY

#10 May 22, 2016
If you live in a Trailer Park you are screwed. Commonwealth Legislators made it a certainity that all Trail Park tenants are reduced to having less rights then any other renter. Literally borderline serfdom which underminds the Landlord Tenant Act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flaherty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Destinie Jupin i love you!! 3 hr True 19
Destinie Jupin and her mother Angie Jupin 3 hr True 20
Destinie Jupin you are the best i ever had.. 3 hr True 21
Destinie Jupin (Sep '16) 3 hr True 67
Destinie N Jupin 6 hr Soulmates forever 9
Radcliff Jukebox (Jul '12) 9 hr Musikologist 17
Beautiful girl at BP 9 hr Like to know 55

Flaherty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance