Wrongful death suit filed in Garcia s...

Wrongful death suit filed in Garcia shooting

There are 7 comments on the Arizona Daily Sun story from Aug 22, 2007, titled Wrongful death suit filed in Garcia shooting. In it, Arizona Daily Sun reports that:

“Based on the evidence we have been provided, however, it appears that the story told by the police officers regarding what happened in regard to Kyle's being shot is not consistent with the physical evidence”

The suit alleges that officers involved in the shooting failed to act reasonably and were negligent in trying to save the life of Kyle Garcia after he was shot. via Arizona Daily Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Daily Sun.

Seth

Truckee, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2007
Moral of this story-Dont try to run form police when they stop you. What a waste of tax payers money to defend this nonsense.
Mando

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Aug 23, 2007
i believe nonsense is where a traffic stop leads to death. Where wrongful death can be prevented,as for paying taxes, theres no preventions.
cop killers

Flagstaff, AZ

#3 Apr 25, 2008
Moral of the story, Cops can kill you and get away with it...even if they shoot you in the back. All you have to do is be a minority and have the police claim they were "scared"...
Dabner

Phoenix, AZ

#4 May 14, 2009
Moral of the story is that living a life of drugs/alcohol abuse and violence can eventually lead to wrongful/justifiable death. When you are pulled over by a police officer you stop the car, put it in park and place your hands in plain sight (steering wheel) so that the officer feels safe. And if you do these simple things, then YOU should feel safe as well and trust the the officer will do his job.

What you DON'T do is turn your car around facing the police and then drive after them, that's what we call assault with a deadly weapon!

So if those officers were just regular citizens, they wouldn't have to follow agency policy and shooting Kyle would have been completely justifiable under the Arizona Revised Statues Title 13. The officers might have not reacted in parallel with the agency's policy, but they acted in complete accordance with the law.

So, the moral of the story is.... OBEY THE LAW! Don't do drugs, don't abuse alcohol, don't contribute to violence and don't contribute to criminal sexual behavior.

These laws are there for a reason, to keep peace and order. By committing these offenses, you ignore the laws of the land and would be indirectly supporting anarchy (the opposite of peace and order)... And if you are supporting anarchy, then you are supporting domestic terrorism... And if you are supporting domestic terrorism, you are in violation of a capitol offense punishable by DEATH.
anonymous

Canton, TX

#5 Jan 19, 2010
I am horribly traumatized by the shooting- it stole so much from my life and I need closure. Kilo and I in no way shape or form deserved that. The gitem officers responsible owe a debt to society, myself, and many others, period.
Mickey

Flagstaff, AZ

#6 Feb 4, 2011
anonymous wrote:
I am horribly traumatized by the shooting- it stole so much from my life and I need closure. Kilo and I in no way shape or form deserved that. The gitem officers responsible owe a debt to society, myself, and many others, period.
I'm a student at Northern Arizona University and I'm writing my thesis on the subject of the shooting. The reason is because I, too, feel that all these years later there's still no closure with respect to it. If you'd ever be interested in possibly adding your comments to this project, then please write me back here. Thanks.
restinpeace

Flagstaff, AZ

#7 Jun 2, 2012
Seth wrote:
Moral of this story-Dont try to run form police when they stop you. What a waste of tax payers money to defend this nonsense.
no moral of the story is, a life was taken &because 'police officers' have some soft of 'higher rank' on everyone who isnt , they got away with murder . other options are available &should have been used ! a life taken over nonsense, i hope that everyday it haunts those 'police officers' that kyle's life was taken by their hands . take a walk in the shoes of the people who love &knew him, kyle will be remembered as nothing but a good person memories left to drift on of the time cherished&lessons to be learned- he was human, lived his life with ups & downs like everyone .
his life, kyle garcia's life, the people who were suppose to protect&serve us; commit murder, know they are indiscribibly in the wrong, but still dont allow justice to be served, what makes you any better then us, a badge doesnt make you special ?! reverse positions, if that was someone you loved, would you have pulled the trigger ? now what ? corrupt .
restinpeacekylegarciaalwayslov eddriftingonmemoriesofyou

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flagstaff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) 18 hr bob frapples 260
living in lake havasu city (Apr '07) Mar 8 Grate 182
****Deanna Van Matre Identity Theft Fraud and R... Feb '17 haaaa 2
FBI, US Marshals cracking down on nudity, inclu... (Sep '15) Feb '17 Eric 7
News Meet Ava, Arizona Snowbowl's new avalanche resc... Feb '17 Nice News 1
Bo Wilson Performs in Las Vegas' House of Blues (Jun '15) Feb '17 Moldy Waters 16
Campbell family Jan '17 Anna 2

Flagstaff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flagstaff Mortgages