Buddy just told me that Piggly Wiggly was closing Feb. 1st
Gurbie Resol Peterson

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Jan 28, 2012
I Have not Heard Anything about that, but It is Very Possible

Since: Nov 09

Fitzgerald

#3 Jan 31, 2012
My neighbor works there and I asked her and she said it was just a rumor. They are not closing.
country

Valdosta, GA

#4 Jan 31, 2012
that's great...I definitely don't want to see walmart be the only grocery store in town.
johnboy

Douglas, GA

#5 Feb 19, 2012
Heard that Piggy Wiggly is closing March 17th
Know

Raleigh, NC

#6 Feb 19, 2012
It is certainly closing in March, I know this from some one who works there that is higher up .
abbeville_

Moultrie, GA

#7 Feb 19, 2012
where the hell are we supposed to shop at? lol.
Here

Waycross, GA

#8 Feb 20, 2012
It's closing because they are abusing the 10 percent on food stamps. They are charging on food stamps and they are not suppost to.
Robin

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2012
Here there profit is the 10%. Then they donot charge taxes. I am going to try and explain then simple. I buy a car for $100.00 I do some work on it and sell it for %200.00 if I charge taxes on the 2 hundred the total would be $214 but I dont charge tax so you pay $200. This is the same as Piggly wiggly. Food Stamps only does away with the taxes not ther profit.
thats not it usillywabbit

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2012
They are closing the facility due to a major increase in the utility bill. From an average bill of aprox.. 8k-12.5k dollars monthly to a $28k bill this month,forces this facility to either(A)Raise prices significantly,that will run customers away to other stores or.. (B) Close the facility (Winner).
bump the pig

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2012
Im glad Kyle has to shut that place down..stingy bastard never wanted to pay no body nothin..hope he loses Sylvester too then the sob will know what its like to work
Bothways

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2012
Who Shelly going to do now I mean what she going to do now?
Fanny mac

United States

#13 Feb 24, 2012
I heard Piggly Wiggly was buying out the Walmart store in Fitzgerald. I think that would be great.
Know

Raleigh, NC

#14 Feb 26, 2012
LMAO aint it the truth
haywood jablome

United States

#15 Mar 5, 2012
Know wrote:
It is certainly closing in March, I know this from some one who works there that is higher up .
ain't no such thing as high up at the pig...less u talkin bout shelly bein high up in the office all day..heard it was meth..would explain alot
Snausage Gonzalez

Macon, GA

#16 Mar 6, 2012
Fine with me, the place smells like pickles and old farts.
Plese be informed

Warner Robins, GA

#17 Mar 8, 2012
Does anybody really believe that anyone would have any reason to run a business selling merchandise at cost, then need only 10% to pay rent, utilities, publish a weekly circular, pay employees, pay their part of the social security of employees, upkeep the technology of cash registers as well as absorb loss of spoiled produce, damaged merchandise, etc.?
How can they make money this way?
No Problem

Virginia, MN

#18 Mar 9, 2012
Plese be informed wrote:
Does anybody really believe that anyone would have any reason to run a business selling merchandise at cost, then need only 10% to pay rent, utilities, publish a weekly circular, pay employees, pay their part of the social security of employees, upkeep the technology of cash registers as well as absorb loss of spoiled produce, damaged merchandise, etc.?
How can they make money this way?
How can they make money this way? Obviously, they CAN'T.
Anonymous

Kittanning, PA

#19 Mar 10, 2012
Do you know what cost is? Cost is every thing from buying the mercandise, moving it, stocking it, the people that do all the work. that cost the 10% profit. If you check you will see that wal mart works on a profit of 6 to 8%. When you go into a store and they add 10% and it cost more then the other store in town you loose customer to the lower price store get them.
Know

Raleigh, NC

#20 Mar 11, 2012
No it isn't Shelly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitzgerald Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney G 7 hr Willdoanything 7
Sabrina H 15 hr Eyes 3
ben county road dept (May '15) May 25 Captain Obvious 13
Basic Bi!ches of Ben Hill Primary (Mar '16) May 25 Heseeyou2 19
Coach Fired? May 24 Keith 5
What's With the Funky Building on Pine St? May 24 Curious 5
Pruitts May 22 Smh 5

Fitzgerald Jobs

Personal Finance

Fitzgerald Mortgages