wiregrass vs east central tech

Posted in the Fitzgerald Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
spooky dude

Opelika, AL

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Just curious as to how wiregrass compares to the old east central tech. Personally I think the school has gone downhill since the takeover by valdosta.
Suzeeque

Fitzgerald, GA

#4 Jan 8, 2013
I think it started believing its own publicity, got too big and has begun a self-destruct policy.
teton

Cumming, GA

#5 Jan 12, 2013
I just heard the childcare center will be closing in June. Its beginning....what's the next thing to close on Dr. P's list?
Meh

Douglas, GA

#6 Jan 12, 2013
I've never been a fan of either, but I have to say that I liked ECTC better. I only go because of it being the closest college around, so it's easy to have a job or child responsibilities. However, the staff are bad about giving false or slightly misguiding information in Ben Hill. Not sure about other counties. I've been told on several occasions information about classes, requirements, and such that just wasn't true or was slightly off. So if you go, make sure you ask several people the same questions and see if you get the same answer and make sure you get all the information you need up front. Be prepared to be told that the list they give you is all you will need, and then be told that you're missing some stuff. Maybe it's just the staff making it complicated...
teton

Cumming, GA

#7 Jan 20, 2013
I guess its true the childcare center is history. What happened to the money donated to the center by parent fundraisers? Perren should give it back since he was planning on closing it anyway.
phd

Suwanee, GA

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Why is wiregrass technical, trade-school, wannabe university changing all their programs to associates degrees? I mean, who the hell ever heard of Fitzgerald Ford requiring their mechanics to have an associates degree in automotive psychology (or whatever they're gonna call it)? This school is a joke...I just want to learn how to work on cars, not get a PhD. I wonder if they have a degree in tire rotation?
Snooki

Fitzgerald, GA

#10 Jan 22, 2013
I suspect if there is federal money available, all these schools would have a degree I pothole counting.
teton

Cumming, GA

#11 Jan 27, 2013
I hear they are starting an associates degree in janitorial services technology.
Snooki

Fitzgerald, GA

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Prolly easier to get students qualified for LANs or grants? Easier for the school to make money. They may not be officially, but seems like they are a for profit school and when HOPE clamped down with new rules they had to change their spots.
phd wrote:
Why is wiregrass technical, trade-school, wannabe university changing all their programs to associates degrees? I mean, who the hell ever heard of Fitzgerald Ford requiring their mechanics to have an associates degree in automotive psychology (or whatever they're gonna call it)? This school is a joke...I just want to learn how to work on cars, not get a PhD. I wonder if they have a degree in tire rotation?
terd

Lenox, GA

#13 Feb 2, 2013
What are all these new fees at wiregrass? Since enrollment is down let's charge more fees to the taxpayers by letting student loans pay for it. What jobs are they gonna get in Fitzgerald to repay it? Why does wiregrass have a 100,000.00+ salary paid to the glorified security officer (provost)to spy on everyone via surveillance cameras? This place has turned into a power hungry battle of hormonal old ladies.
fluffle

Lenox, GA

#14 Feb 2, 2013
I'm almost done with medical coding and the job placement office told me there's nothing available since coding is being outsourced. Why didn't they tell me this a year ago? Because I'm just another number on the books bringing money in. This sucks that they done me like this. What a waste of time and money!! Oh well...just another educated, jobless graduate of wiregrass tech.
boomboom

Lithonia, GA

#15 Feb 3, 2013
I hate to hear that...call Dr perren he might hire you. They need more employees to take care of the decreasing number of students they have.
past

United States

#16 Feb 3, 2013
I heard the fasted way to become a provost is to get caught sleeping a student.
teton

Cumming, GA

#17 Feb 4, 2013
So, what's the next program that will disappear from the Fitzgerald campus?
Reality check

Atlanta, GA

#18 Feb 4, 2013
teton wrote:
So, what's the next program that will disappear from the Fitzgerald campus?
The Fitzgerald campus has not lost any programs. They actually have more available than ECTC did.
noonanette

Cumming, GA

#19 Feb 4, 2013
Well, I went out there to sign up for Cisco networking and was told its not offered on the Fitz campus. Maybe the employees need educating on what is offered.
In the know

Fitzgerald, GA

#21 Feb 5, 2013
this was an email we received. this is the beginning of the fitzgerald campus closing. dont let them fool you.

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 10:15 AM
To: benhillirwin; coffeecampus
Subject: Provost Office Move

Colleagues,

Please see message below from Dr. Perren.

Beginning this week, Lisa Tomberlin will be based on the Valdosta Campus instead of the Ben Hill-Irwin Campus. She will continue to have college-wide responsibilities for facilities, satellite operations, public relations/marketing, the foundations, and security. She will also provide day to day oversight of the Valdosta Campus, much like the associate provosts do at the Coffee, Cook, and Ben Hill-Irwin Campuses.

I want to point out that this is not another layer of administration and there is no change in organizational structure for the Valdosta Campus or in title or salary for Lisa. This is simply a way to assure that the Valdosta Campus is getting the same level of leadership support that the other three campuses are receiving.

Please join me in welcoming Lisa to the Valdosta Campus.

You all know that I am very passionate about this college and no matter where I am located, I will continue to do my best to see that our students are served and receive the best service we can possibly give them. Please know that I am still available to you anytime you need to reach me. Currently my phone number on the Valdosta campus is 2129. This number may change and if it does, I will send out my new number. Thanks for your continued service to the college, and I will be seeing you.

Lisa

Lisa G. Tomberlin

Provost
Snooki

Fitzgerald, GA

#22 Feb 5, 2013
Yes, they have added some. Looks like they could consolidate a lot of the programs. Sounds much too specialized. Too many courses, not enough job opportunities.
Reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fitzgerald campus has not lost any programs. They actually have more available than ECTC did.
mailman

Lithonia, GA

#23 Feb 5, 2013
I turned in my resignation and was treated like a useless P.O.S. and told to have a good life by the queen witch of a provost. They sure don't appreciate their employees and could care less who leaves. They need a union to bring their fake selves back down a notch to reality.
teton

Cumming, GA

#24 Feb 5, 2013
Don't feel bad dude....I turned in my notice due to all the B.S. going on out there and do you think any member of the administration even bothered to talk to me? Not one...in fact I met Dr. Delbert Fuzzlenuts Perren several times in the hallway and he wouldn't even speak much less tell me he hated to see me go. Screw him....I'll never support that school in any way. I wouldn't send my dog out there. But he brought it on himself by treating his employees like his servants except his few favorite ladies of course. Best wishes wiregrass!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitzgerald Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Budder 8 min Wanda W 10
look 4 gf 1 hr devindjboy 3
Divorce attorney 6 hr Sam Leonard 1
Former police officer DUI 7 hr Chief 8
News Ocilla, police looking for breakthrough a year ... (Oct '06) 15 hr caligirl 140
Looking for an old friend Tue Concerned 10
All the good post Tue truthtellers 4

Fitzgerald Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitzgerald Mortgages