car semi wreck in irwinville georgia

car semi wreck in irwinville georgia

Posted in the Fitzgerald Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Douglas, GA

#1 Aug 8, 2011
Anyone heard anything else about the bad wreck in Irwinville, Ga.? All I know so far is that a semi driver was on the cell phone talking not paying attention and ran into a line of cars stopped at a roadside construction stop.

News?? Here is the link i just found: http://www.walb.com/story/15229275/massive-tr...
me ga

Perry, GA

#2 Aug 8, 2011
Lot of families need our prayers.who ever they are.Names not released yet
uhh

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2011
Why would you say that about the cell phone? Quit spreading rumors and pray for the families involved and the people who had to work the scene.
Concerned

Ashburn, GA

#4 Aug 8, 2011
uhh wrote:
Why would you say that about the cell phone? Quit spreading rumors and pray for the families involved and the people who had to work the scene.
This is a place to say what you heard. If someone knows different fine. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Thats what a site like this is for, information, sharing news, etc... Of course pray for the families, but don't try to put someone else down to make yourself feel better! Would you like for me to pray for you too?
uhh

United States

#5 Aug 8, 2011
Sure concerned! Feel free to pray for me too. But you said "all I KNOW so far is that a semi driver was on the cell phone talking not paying attention" That is not truth at this point but GOSSIP. Might be true, might not.
uhh

United States

#6 Aug 8, 2011
Since the trooper doesn't know what happened, you probably don't either

http://www.walb.com/Category/195954/video-lan...
George

United States

#7 Aug 8, 2011
Has anyone heard any names from from wreck??
look n

Austell, GA

#8 Aug 8, 2011
all ive heard is that the semi hit the cars 3 ppl are dead (Walb) an one got air lifted out an one to tift hospital o an the cars were on fire an started the woods burn n this is so sad
indians

Roopville, GA

#9 Aug 8, 2011
Dale coueys wife. An old ices teacher died. She was very sweet. One of five who passed.
Brenda

Eveleth, MN

#10 Aug 8, 2011
Dale Couey, Robert Couey's wife, was killed. A former ICES teacher.
indians wrote:
Dale coueys wife. An old ices teacher died. She was very sweet. One of five who passed.
mary

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2011
omg
hey hey

Virginia, MN

#12 Aug 9, 2011
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a place to say what you heard. If someone knows different fine. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Thats what a site like this is for, information, sharing news, etc... Of course pray for the families, but don't try to put someone else down to make yourself feel better! Would you like for me to pray for you too?
And a place to spread rumors as you just showed!!
Brenda

Maysville, GA

#13 Aug 9, 2011
Where is the button to vote "Stupid"?

This kind of event doesn't need everyone posting trash such as...I heard there were 6 people burnt up beyond recognition, I heard one vehicle was a green mini-van with a team of cheerleaders on board--they were messed up!!, I heard one guy flew through the windshield and cut off his head.

How would you feel if it were your friend/family and these things were posted here?

Post facts only and then the story doesn't grow and get worse with each telling and innocent people are not slandered.
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a place to say what you heard. If someone knows different fine. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Thats what a site like this is for, information, sharing news, etc... Of course pray for the families, but don't try to put someone else down to make yourself feel better! Would you like for me to pray for you too?
broken

United States

#14 Aug 9, 2011
i dont know what all happened and i cant even begin to say how my heart is broken for these families im not blaming anyone but please pray for these families my friends mother was on of the people that lost their life.
lpp

Atlanta, GA

#15 Aug 10, 2011
Theophilus Harris III, Janice Potts, and Dale Couey is the names of the decease. Our prayers are lifted to their familys and friends.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16 Aug 10, 2011
The WALB article says the "accident" happened at 2 PM. That is off by 1 hour. It happened at almost exactly 1 PM. A line of cars and a pick-up were stopped in the East-bound lane at the paving site near the bull testing station just West of Irwinville. The tractor-trailer with a load of lumber came down GA 32 and hit the stopped line of traffic goin full tilt. According to the Hispanic guy who was flagging traffic, the driver never applied his brakes until he had hit the first vehicle. Three people are dead because of this man. There are traffic barrels for 4 miles before you get to the crash site (all the way from the Turner County line) and yet he did not slow down at all. This is typical of most truck drivers. This man can not walk away from this scot-free. He must be punished for killing three innocent people and seriously injuring 2 more. There is no such thing as an "accident"! Allsocalled "accidents" happen because som block-head isn't paying attention!
local

Valdosta, GA

#17 Aug 10, 2011
Concerned if your intent was to pray for these families you would not have mentioned the cell phone or repeated street gossip. Sounds like you need to go back to the streets and get away from your key board. Everyone knows what you are doing. Call the State Patrol and tell them exactly what you know about the accident. I am sure they would like to get the facts and they could close the case today.

Watch what you put on paper. Rumors hurt people and you can't be smart or you would not have sent the unfounded information. SHUT UP
Concerned

Douglas, GA

#18 Aug 10, 2011
local wrote:
Concerned if your intent was to pray for these families you would not have mentioned the cell phone or repeated street gossip. Sounds like you need to go back to the streets and get away from your key board. Everyone knows what you are doing. Call the State Patrol and tell them exactly what you know about the accident. I am sure they would like to get the facts and they could close the case today.
Watch what you put on paper. Rumors hurt people and you can't be smart or you would not have sent the unfounded information. SHUT UP
All I was doing was trying to start a simple topic about what was going on. I am not trying to offend anyone. Just curious and I know that if I posted something here then I would eventually get the truth. But people like you trying to bash people can kiss my azz! All of you who posted a negeative comment about me can do the same too! I don't care what you say, you started it not me, and now you will get it!!!!!!! gossiping bunch of f-ing losers.
Ocillaboy

Centerville, IA

#19 Aug 10, 2011
bocephus1965 wrote:
The WALB article says the "accident" happened at 2 PM. That is off by 1 hour. It happened at almost exactly 1 PM. A line of cars and a pick-up were stopped in the East-bound lane at the paving site near the bull testing station just West of Irwinville. The tractor-trailer with a load of lumber came down GA 32 and hit the stopped line of traffic going full tilt. According to the Hispanic guy who was flagging traffic, the driver never applied his brakes until he had hit the first vehicle. Three people are dead because of this man. There are traffic barrels for 4 miles before you get to the crash site (all the way from the Turner County line) and yet he did not slow down at all. This is typical of most truck drivers. This man can not walk away from this scot-free. He must be punished for killing three innocent people and seriously injuring 2 more. There is no such thing as an "accident"! All so-called "accidents" happen because some block-head isn't paying attention!
You are so right. I don't like to drive on I75 because of the big trucks.
Bill

Virginia, MN

#20 Aug 10, 2011
Does anyone know how many calories are in a snicker bar?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitzgerald Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McElroy dude 2 hr Jonathan 5
Young Man 11 hr Taxpayer 7
mandy rodgers (Nov '11) Mon why 10
What"s the story on Southern Auto Sammie F... Jun 26 FYI 9
Dope dealer in red Chevy. Who is this one? Jer... Jun 25 Concerned 1
bhes Jun 25 Baseball Mom 1
Justin Braddy Jun 24 Just curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitzgerald Mortgages