Is it legal for Indian conv. stores to charge tax on newspapers?

Posted in the Fitzgerald Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 3
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
citizen

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

The so called "Money Saver" on Bowens Mill Hwy. has been charging me 4 cents extra for a local copy of our newspaper for years now. I thought it was ok until I started going other places and yet have found another place to charge me the tax.
Just Saying

Ocilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Why are you shopping at a foreign owned and operated convenience store anyway. Shop USA. Fosters is just around the corner, American owned, American operated and no smell to boot!

SUPPORT LOCAL AMERICAN OWNED AND OPERATED BUSINESS.
Yo Mama

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

I thought Fosters had been bought out by the Indians?
Just Saying wrote:
Why are you shopping at a foreign owned and operated convenience store anyway. Shop USA. Fosters is just around the corner, American owned, American operated and no smell to boot!
Property Owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

It should be legal for them to charge tax on ANYTHING because they are not required to PAY TAX on anything.That means ANYTHING,Income Tax, Property Tax, Sales Tax. The only tax they pay is when you see them at the Groc. Store and Dollar stores buying $hit to put in there stores to re-sale to you at a very high mark up. Did you know that ? Stop supporting them, Please.
citizen

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

I thought I was only supporting our community by buying only a 50 cent plus 4 cent tax newspaper. So your saying that the indian owned conv. store recieves a cut out of the original fifty cents charged for the paper?
citizen

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Property Owner wrote:
It should be legal for them to charge tax on ANYTHING because they are not required to PAY TAX on anything.That means ANYTHING,Income Tax, Property Tax, Sales Tax. The only tax they pay is when you see them at the Groc. Store and Dollar stores buying $hit to put in there stores to re-sale to you at a very high mark up. Did you know that ? Stop supporting them, Please.
Did you mean to say"should'nt"?
citizen

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

I stopped purchasing anything from them, (other than newapapers a long time ago.) 1.They are indians. 2. They charge an outrageous fee for use of my debit card (which was going to be my next topic) 3. They stink.4. They dont like for you to use their stinking bathroom. 5. They watch you like your gonna steal something of theirs. 6. They think that they are better than you. I could keep going, but I'll stop there.
feduptoo

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Newspapers are not listed as sales tax exempt on the Dept of Revenue site. Just taking a quick look the ones sold out of machine may be since they may have to have a permit for the machines, but I don't know that for sure. I would have to dig a little deeper.
Rhonda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

I was being charged eighty cents for a five cent paper on Hwy 36 in Ga
Bluebird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

That was suppose to say a seventy-five cent paper
nick

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Just Saying wrote:
Is there anything OWNED by american?
JAFPH

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

you do not have to buy my paper lotto beer cigarettes pepsi cola go some where else
ash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Bahahahaha he must own a store!
Equality bitches

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

citizen wrote:
I stopped purchasing anything from them,(other than newapapers a long time ago.) 1.They are indians. 2. They charge an outrageous fee for use of my debit card (which was going to be my next topic) 3. They stink.4. They dont like for you to use their stinking bathroom. 5. They watch you like your gonna steal something of theirs. 6. They think that they are better than you. I could keep going, but I'll stop there.
You're a racist piece of shit lol. Its the 21st century you prick. You're probably mad that immigrants were able to start up a business while you're still praying to win the lottery while scratching your ass playing online poker haha.
IRS

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Equality bitches wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a racist piece of shit lol. Its the 21st century you prick. You're probably mad that immigrants were able to start up a business while you're still praying to win the lottery while scratching your ass playing online poker haha.
Just asking...
But why do almost everytime I go in an Indian owned store and purchase something, they never ring what I purchase up?
They all usually just open the drawer from the bottom and give me change back, without ringing it up...
Is it to avoid paying taxes?
And by not ringing purchases up they can say they sold less if they are audited, because the purchases will not be recorded on the tape?
Somebody needs to check into this, because ALL Indian owned stores do it.
duh

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

If its equal rights for all, how come we have special rights for some?
citizen

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

They should not be charging you tax on the newspaper. They do earn a portion of the papers they sale.
hahaha

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Judged:

Newspapers are taxed anywhere you buy them just like other taxable items. Foreigners own property because the properties were available & convenient stores & hotels are the line of business Indians happen to invest in. The same tax rules apply as far as sales tax. They have no more tax break on their business capital than a female owned business. Off they, just like anyone else, run a business without collecting & paying sales & use tax, then they run the same risk of being caught as anyone else. If anyone, Indian or otherwise, can stay in business without paying sales tax, then that is the fault of local & state government. If you just don't want to shop with Indians, then shop elseehere, otherwise, you're just being an ignorant, narrow minded racist. Get educated.
Captain Obvious

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2014

hahaha wrote:
Newspapers are taxed anywhere you buy them just like other taxable items. Foreigners own property because the properties were available & convenient stores & hotels are the line of business Indians happen to invest in. The same tax rules apply as far as sales tax. They have no more tax break on their business capital than a female owned business. Off they, just like anyone else, run a business without collecting & paying sales & use tax, then they run the same risk of being caught as anyone else. If anyone, Indian or otherwise, can stay in business without paying sales tax, then that is the fault of local & state government. If you just don't want to shop with Indians, then shop elseehere, otherwise, you're just being an ignorant, narrow minded racist. Get educated.
SOMEBODY had to say it! I don't understand why these morons believe that a business owner doesn't pay taxes. Actually, I do understand... because they're idiots & the only way they can convince anyone of anything is to lie & try to piss people off. Thank you for coming through with some common sense at the end.
Danny Noonan

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2014

You're speaking a foreign language to these idiots. They believe "wrastling" is real.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Fitzgerald Forum right now

Search the Fitzgerald Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min Cbutt 49,973
Strike at mdi for more money (Oct '13) 13 min Swamp Fox 36
Injustice 6 hr YDA 15
Sleezeee 9 hr her 9
liar 15 hr Reno 25
Middle school principal 16 hr Last honest man Abbeville 23
Suzy Watkins Mon nope 15
•••
•••
•••
Fitzgerald Dating

more search filters

less search filters