kathy ely(madien name) arrest and pri...

kathy ely(madien name) arrest and prison for ?

Posted in the Fitzgerald Forum

want to know

Adel, GA

#1 Sep 29, 2008
i was trying to fine out what she did to be sent to federal prison in fl. i don't know her married name. but i here that she was renting out her other house and when ask on taxes she so no. and the irs did a background check and seen she was and sent her to prison. that don't seem to be the whole story. can anyone tell me what happen
want to know

Adel, GA

#2 Sep 29, 2008
i found it
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 22, 2008
BANKRUPTCY FRAUD SENTENCING
Maxwell Wood, United States Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia, announced today that KATHY ELY AVANT was sentenced on May 22, 2008, to a term of 5 months in federal prison by the Honorable W. Louis Sands, Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. Avant, age 38, of Fitzgerald, Georgia, pled guilty on March 7, 2008, to two counts of bankruptcy fraud, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 152. Avant was also sentenced to serve two years on supervised release and five months of home confinement.
Avant had entered into a plea agreement in which she admitted that in October 2005, she filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition approximately three weeks after transferring to her mother title to a three bedroom house in Fitzgerald. The house, which had been purchased for Avant by her grandmother in 1999 for approximately $72,000, was at the time of the bankruptcy petition being rented to a tenant for $500 per month. However, in her bankruptcy documents which Avant declared to be true and correct under penalty of perjury, Avant failed to disclose the transfer of the property as well as the income she had been receiving from it. Avant later committed perjury at a creditors’ meeting when she denied, under oath, that she had made any transfers of property in the year before filing bankruptcy.
Avant’s fraud was discovered by the bankruptcy trustee, Walter W. Kelley, who reported the crime to the United States Attorney’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistant United States Attorney K. Alan Dasher prosecuted the case.

Maxweel Wood signature
The heck you say

Virginia, MN

#3 May 27, 2010
Never thought that chick would lie. Not. Wonder why anyone else involved with the fraud didn't get in trouble.
Whoyouknow

Virginia, MN

#4 Jun 12, 2010
That's all she got?Why didn't her mother, and husband get in trouble also?They both had to know what she was doing.Anybody could see that.Things that happen in this town never seems to amaze quite a bunch of us.
Who Cares

Virginia, MN

#5 Jun 23, 2010
The subject of Kathy Ely Avant is a boring one. Ain't even worth putting up on this forum, so why bother. She did wrong and got a little punishment. They all should have got in trouble. Her mother Janice had to fork out plenty of money, so she got punished too. Besides somebody had to stay home from prison to take care of her kids and her mother raises them kids anyway. What a shame the kids have to suffer for the adults stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitzgerald Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Mac? 2 min The Baconator 4
McElroy dude 17 hr Jonathan 5
Young Man Tue Taxpayer 7
mandy rodgers (Nov '11) Mon why 10
What"s the story on Southern Auto Sammie F... Jun 26 FYI 9
Dope dealer in red Chevy. Who is this one? Jer... Jun 25 Concerned 1
bhes Jun 25 Baseball Mom 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitzgerald Mortgages