Fitzgerald High School
FHS SUX

Moultrie, GA

#1 May 4, 2010
Has anyone ever had a problem with FHS, teachers, staff, etc. I have a story to tell, but need to see if there are others that have had bad experiences with this place. Please comment!
manda

Broxton, GA

#2 May 9, 2010
we have had problems with a few teachers.
yep

Live Oak, FL

#3 May 26, 2010
Hey who hasn't, the biggest prob is the crappy administration and over paid Pruitt. Yes that is right PPPRRRUUUIIIITTTT!!!!! How you like that! Everyone is soo brain washed and infatuatied with this man that he his head is nearly as big as his waste. He made it state ONCE!! And now we have all kinds of sports equipment and we can't even make it thru the Semi's. Get our teachers some more educational tools instead of a 3rd weight room lol.
Anonymous

Chauncey, GA

#4 May 26, 2010
Let me put it this way: the greatest day of our lives was the day our last child graduated out of there. A friend of ours said the same thing after his step-son graduated this weekend. It was just a relief that we didn't have to deal with that bunch anymore. They do indeed suck.
disagree

White House, TN

#5 May 26, 2010
Southern Discomfort wrote:
Let me put it this way: the greatest day of our lives was the day our last child graduated out of there. A friend of ours said the same thing after his step-son graduated this weekend. It was just a relief that we didn't have to deal with that bunch anymore. They do indeed suck.
i totally disagree

Since: Jun 10

Kathleen, GA

#6 Jun 9, 2010
How can they keep buying all this sport equiment when they need more important things? Like for instance, better teachers, um new books would be nice, oh and computers that you could use that were not broken. I am a graduate of FHS. After going to that horrible place I want to either send my daughter somewhere else or homeschool her. Some of the teachers were really really great! And others were just horrible. I had a teacher who was involved with the sporting department who gave the football players pretty much a free pass. Football is great but there are other kids there. I'm not trying to bash kids who play sports. I'm blaming the ones who only care about the sports and care nothing about the academics.
Anonymous

Morristown, TN

#7 Jul 18, 2010
i graduated there and there were some great teachers when I was at FHS but would send my kids to Irwin County when they get older..
lee 08

Gray, GA

#8 Jul 18, 2010
It is truly amazing how some people can run there mouth and talk so negative about another person without having a clue about anything. As for the equipment they school does pay for some but alot is from the boosters that support the program. We have great teachers in BHCS. There is never a "perfect" place as you may think there is going to be issues everyone. There will never be a time that everyone is satisfied.
Now is response to football.......... My God adults get over it. These guys & coaches are out there from June - until Mid December day in and day out. Oh my i mention that is during summer break where most kids and teachers are getting a break. Now before you jump on the banning wagon let me me finish my statement. If a student is playing football - a member of Band - In the art club - Wrestling - Soccer - Baseball - Softball - Tennis - Golf,.,,,, you gettin the picture -All of our students and coaches give extra, stay longer, help with homework buy gloves out of their own pocket, buy supper for a player that was sent to an out of town game with no money. The list goes on and on. The problem it always coming back to our football team. If any of you would take a moment and just look at the revenue that football season brings into our schools -
I can tell you our children are being taught a great education, by excellent teachers, they are being lead by wonderful adminstrators, and lead by a great superindent. From top to bottom - youngest to oldest - football player, one-act play - yearbook team - chorus - art - cheerleading - soccer - FLBA - FFA - and the list can go on and on - we have a great staff that is leading each and every student to equip them with the tools they need to go out and succeed in ALL they do. These students are being taught to character on the field, in the class room, at school. It is about time that the negative talk stops. Your children, My Children, My Neighbor, A New Family, etc needs to know that we are a community that work together. As I said earlier there will never be a place where everyone is pleased with everything. But putting others down is only hurting our children in the future.
Get involved - know what is going on - Help out -
Become a mentor to a small child - do something postive not negative. I have never saw where things totally turn around and start flourishing and going great because of all the negative vibes going around.
Final thought to think about - take a LARGE bowl and fill with jelly beans - then sit alone and see if YOU can figure out how many are inside the bowl. Then take several with you and you all work together in trying to find out the #. It has been proven that when you work together you will in fact come closer to the correct answer. Let's try it work together I bet you will find out things begin to work in a very postive way and guess who is going to benefit......... EVERYONE
what in the world

Montezuma, GA

#9 Jul 19, 2010
well, i think the school needs a better program for special needs kids. If you aren't smart they could careless if you learn or not.
fedup

Gray, GA

#10 Jul 20, 2010
out is right,lee08-out to floyds,johnnys,fishing- all on school days during school ours
lee 08

United States

#11 Jul 20, 2010
fed up - you might want to back up and try again. that is the problem here, you all are so quick to assume, point fingers, run off at the mouth. When we should all be listening, helping more & supporting ALL. Your child, My child, the neighbor's child!!

Since: Jul 10

Mountain Iron, MN

#12 Jul 20, 2010
Everyone knows the problems I had in High School. That is partly due to who you are and who your family is. I have to say that you have good teachers and bad teachers in every school. Its all according to if they want to be teachers or if its about sports for them.

Mountain Iron, MN

#13 Jul 21, 2010
lee 08 wrote:
It is truly amazing how some people can run there mouth and talk so negative about another person without having a clue about anything. As for the equipment they school does pay for some but alot is from the boosters that support the program. We have great teachers in BHCS. There is never a "perfect" place as you may think there is going to be issues everyone. There will never be a time that everyone is satisfied.
Now is response to football.......... My God adults get over it. These guys & coaches are out there from June - until Mid December day in and day out. Oh my i mention that is during summer break where most kids and teachers are getting a break. Now before you jump on the banning wagon let me me finish my statement. If a student is playing football - a member of Band - In the art club - Wrestling - Soccer - Baseball - Softball - Tennis - Golf,.,,,, you gettin the picture -All of our students and coaches give extra, stay longer, help with homework buy gloves out of their own pocket, buy supper for a player that was sent to an out of town game with no money. The list goes on and on. The problem it always coming back to our football team. If any of you would take a moment and just look at the revenue that football season brings into our schools -
I can tell you our children are being taught a great education, by excellent teachers, they are being lead by wonderful adminstrators, and lead by a great superindent. From top to bottom - youngest to oldest - football player, one-act play - yearbook team - chorus - art - cheerleading - soccer - FLBA - FFA - and the list can go on and on - we have a great staff that is leading each and every student to equip them with the tools they need to go out and succeed in ALL they do. These students are being taught to character on the field, in the class room, at school. It is about time that the negative talk stops. Your children, My Children, My Neighbor, A New Family, etc needs to know that we are a community that work together. As I said earlier there will never be a place where everyone is pleased with everything. But putting others down is only hurting our children in the future.
Get involved - know what is going on - Help out -
Become a mentor to a small child - do something postive not negative. I have never saw where things totally turn around and start flourishing and going great because of all the negative vibes going around.
Final thought to think about - take a LARGE bowl and fill with jelly beans - then sit alone and see if YOU can figure out how many are inside the bowl. Then take several with you and you all work together in trying to find out the #. It has been proven that when you work together you will in fact come closer to the correct answer. Let's try it work together I bet you will find out things begin to work in a very postive way and guess who is going to benefit......... EVERYONE
I do feel that its not all about sports, yes there are coaches that spend their time with some of the students. Thats their choice! For parents that are not involved with their children then they have no right to down BHCS, but for parents that are involved its another story. As far as the BOE and head people of the schools, ummm unless its changed sence I was in school which was in 03 and sense I am a sub the head ppls needs to inprove. This town is a who's who's town. If your family in not in with the who's who's then your child is screwd. Its all about the last name.

Mountain Iron, MN

#14 Jul 21, 2010
what in the world wrote:
well, i think the school needs a better program for special needs kids. If you aren't smart they could careless if you learn or not.
I totally agree with the needing more for special needs kids and I feel that if more parents were involved then they would have to do something
Unknown

Adel, GA

#15 Jul 21, 2010
yep wrote:
Hey who hasn't, the biggest prob is the crappy administration and over paid Pruitt. Yes that is right PPPRRRUUUIIIITTTT!!!!! How you like that! Everyone is soo brain washed and infatuatied with this man that he his head is nearly as big as his waste. He made it state ONCE!! And now we have all kinds of sports equipment and we can't even make it thru the Semi's. Get our teachers some more educational tools instead of a 3rd weight room lol.
Actually he has won many state titles more than four just not in fitzgerald
C Rutherford

Moultrie, GA

#16 Jul 22, 2010
FHS spends entirely toooo much money on football instead they should have forked out a little bit towards the Performance Learning Center yeah that's right the plc, it was a small, but great school that helped me, and 150 other people graduate on time if not ahead, it was the best thing that ever happened to Fitzgerald high school and then Michelle Joiner decided to shut it down, why? to save $8000 per student and then the salaries of the teachers that are in fact still teaching, which means there still paying for them, the student are back in the high school so doesn't that mean they still have to pay for them? okay so they saved a light bill.. well not really, the Pre-K is still in there, haha so what money did they really save, NONE just a bunch of crooked people who want things there way,
middle schooler

Waterloo, Canada

#17 Jul 23, 2010
Yall listen this website is so imature and I made a mistake twice on the computer and this right here won't get you anywhere. If u don't like the school then move! Get out! No body needs to hear any of your disrespectful actions. These teachers, staff, and etc. are here to help YOU so make it mutalism. make it benfit everyone and have a peaceful environment. I know my grammer and spelling isn't the best. I just knowwwwww I learnedd from my mistakes to never send an email to your princible.
tellmore

Adel, GA

#18 Jul 24, 2010
middle schooler- tell more! which,i think you meant, principal?? give us the scoop.
whoa

Moultrie, GA

#19 Aug 1, 2010
you people do know that football has there own booster program, so the citizens of Fitzgerald actually pay for all this sports equipment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitzgerald Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Stone 8 hr Creepy guys scare me 1
What's With the Funky Building on Pine St? Sat Curious 1
colony city opry (Dec '13) May 17 stayaway 57
Sabrina h May 17 Peaches 1
Ben Hill Co. Jail (Dec '16) May 15 Lmao 13
Chris nichols (Aug '17) May 15 Lmao 4
Dallas May 14 Hammy 5

Fitzgerald Jobs

Personal Finance

Fitzgerald Mortgages