Tree worker jolted by electrical wire in Lunenburg

Oct 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A tree service worker was injured Saturday morning on Elizabeth Street after a branch he was cutting made contact with a power line.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of77
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Civil Servant Supporter

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to harass with this name! This is your ONLY purpose! You are SICK! Did anyone ever state that I had a golf club??? Did anyone ever state that I killed this person????
You just use his name to harass me and that is it! You are a COWARD! And that is a FACT!
Go to the debate and ask me that question!! Do you think I will hide from you? Do you think I will turn red? Do you think I am afraid????
You have the wrong perception of me! Go FUCK yourself! You are nOTHING but a COWARD!
3 plead guilty in S. Boston beating death

The Boston Globe (Boston, MA)
May 18, 1993 | Doris Sue Wong, Globe Staff | Copyright

Three men accused in the clubbing and spearing death of Andrew S. McDonough last summer pleaded guilty in Suffolk Superior Court yesterday to manslaughter.

Judge Robert Banks ordered Jason D. Clifford, 21, of Dorchester to serve 7 to 15 years, and Kevin Lynch, 23, of South Boston to serve 6 to 15 years in the state prison in Walpole; and Brian Lynch, 20, of South Boston to serve 20 years in the state prison in Concord.

Clifford will be eligible for parole in about five years, Kevin Lynch in about four, and Brian Lynch in about two years.

Assistant District Attorney Mary K. Ames said McDonough, 23, of South Boston left a family birthday party on June 13
Civil Servant Supporter

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

3 plead guilty in S. Boston beating death

May 18, 1993 | Doris Sue Wong, Globe Staff | Copyright

Three men accused in the clubbing and spearing death of Andrew S. McDonough last summer pleaded guilty in Suffolk Superior Court yesterday to manslaughter.

Judge Robert Banks ordered Jason D. Clifford, 21, of Dorchester to serve 7 to 15 years, and Kevin Lynch, 23, of South Boston to serve 6 to 15 years in the state prison in Walpole; and Brian Lynch, 20, of South Boston to serve 20 years in the state prison in Concord.

Clifford will be eligible for parole in about five years, Kevin Lynch in about four, and Brian Lynch in about two years.

Assistant District Attorney Mary K. Ames said McDonough, 23, of South Boston left a family birthday party on June 13

People poured out of 113 L Street, including the defendant, Tara Costello, Patrick Walsh, Kevin Lynch, Jason D. Clifford and others. &#8194;On their way out, several people attending the party grabbed golf clubs from a golf bag that was being used to prop open the front door of the house.

Outside, fistfights broke out among several people. &#8194; The victim became separated from all of his friends except Theresa White. &#8194; Several members of the group from 113 L Street approached and surrounded the victim, attacking him in concert. The attackers struck the victim with golf clubs.&#8194; The defendants struck the victim on the back of the head with a golf club, knocking him to the ground. &#8194; The defendants then jabbed the victim repeatedly with the jagged end of a broken golf club, and used it as a spear, impaling the victim with it. &#8194; Other individuals also struck and kicked the victim as he lay on the ground, pleading for them to stop. &#8194; The attack lasted for several minutes, at which point the attackers ran back into 113 L Street, leaving the victim motionless on the ground. &#8194; The victim died as a result of the injuries.
Working Stiff

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems like nothing more than a legalized extortion scheme....any minor roadside utility repair job in the state of Mass requires a cop to be there (earning time and half pay with a 4 hour minimum) JUST IN CASE he is actually needed? And, he isn't even required to direct traffic!
This whole detail scam was forced through in Mass by the powerful Police Unions. It basically serves no purpose whatsover besides fattening the cop's wallet. And, you can rest assured that our lawmen have plenty of time to work these useless and lucrative paid details. With Fburgs lawmen averaging 56 paid days off per year; not counting paid holidays: it leaves each lawman plenty of time to cash in on the free money and still have a sh#tload of vacation time! What a f-ing scam!
They are there because motorists will slow down thru a construction zone if they see a cop or blue lights on a cruiser. They will ignore flagmen and not slow down. I know I don't slow down if I don't see a cop or a cruiser at a construction detail.

The officer at a detail is hired by the private organization and paid for by the private organization. That private entity wants the officer to take care of it's workers. The private entity is not hiring the officer to take care of the motorist!

Cops use their vacation/personal time to work the details. The city does not pay for the detail but whoever requests it such as Unitil pays for it. Detail money is deposited into a separate private account (not city operated) and is not included in the overall earnings of an officer for the year. The detail money is paid to the officer with a separate private check.

If they are on duty they have the option to take their time (vacation/personal) even if it is just 4 hrs. so they can work a detail. There are many times a week an emergency detail such as Unitil has to tear up a street to repair a gas leak. The officers on duty have the option to come off duty and take the detail but they have to use their vacation/personal time.

The hours are subtracted from the total hours of vacation/personal time they have. Then they return to the remainder of their shift after the detail is over if their shift has not ended.
You Know Who

Orange, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
They are there because motorists will slow down thru a construction zone if they see a cop or blue lights on a cruiser. They will ignore flagmen and not slow down. I know I don't slow down if I don't see a cop or a cruiser at a construction detail.
The officer at a detail is hired by the private organization and paid for by the private organization. That private entity wants the officer to take care of it's workers. The private entity is not hiring the officer to take care of the motorist!
Cops use their vacation/personal time to work the details. The city does not pay for the detail but whoever requests it such as Unitil pays for it. Detail money is deposited into a separate private account (not city operated) and is not included in the overall earnings of an officer for the year. The detail money is paid to the officer with a separate private check.
If they are on duty they have the option to take their time (vacation/personal) even if it is just 4 hrs. so they can work a detail. There are many times a week an emergency detail such as Unitil has to tear up a street to repair a gas leak. The officers on duty have the option to come off duty and take the detail but they have to use their vacation/personal time.
The hours are subtracted from the total hours of vacation/personal time they have. Then they return to the remainder of their shift after the detail is over if their shift has not ended.
I am always amused by the statement that you and your boys make regarding the fact that the Utility Companies pay for the details, and the money for the details does not come from the police budget. You guys throw that out there as if it is free money that is available and somehow nobody pays for it. But, we all know damn well that our Utilty costs HAVE TO BE HIGHER, simnply because our Utilty Companies have no choice but to to pay a cop for a detail, no matter what. After all, it was written into law. Again, mainly to fatten our cops wallets and not for public safety.

I admit that there are times that having a cop on a paid detail makes sense. If the road is a major road, and if the construction taking place is actually happening in the road; sure, it makes sense to have a cop there. But, there are countless times that there is zero benefit to having a cop at the site. A great example happened right over at Enterprise Car Rental a couple of weeks ago. As I drove by, I saw the PARKING LOT of Enterprise being ripped up. And, low and behold, there was a cop on a paid detail at the site. This boob was hanging around about 30 feet away from Water Street and the construction that was taking place in the parking lot had zero effect on the passing motorist. Unless they slowed down in disbelief as they witnessed another cop cashing in on a paid detail for doing nothing, the action did not effect traffic whatsoever.

On another example, I saw a public road that was 100% barricaded off to motorists. But, somehow there was a cop working a paid detail hundreds of feet away from the barricade. There was no passing motorists. Period. Again, the road was closed. This cop was simply hanging around doing nothing. He even had time to run out for refreshments for the workers. It is a prime example of a needless and a pointness road detail.

As near as I can tell, the police details are needed about 25% of the time and they are useless the other 75% of the time. And, we all pay for them with higher Utility Bills. And, THAT is a fact!
Burke

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

1.)There was a Firefighter from Clinton, who burnt down a bar called "Tailgaters" 200 feet from the Clinton Fire House. Then, he burnt down his home for the insurance money. He was finally arrested for attempted murder of his Ex-Wife.

2.)Then, in Princeton, the acting Fire Chief was arrested for trafficking cocaine, and other drugs.

3.)Then there was a scandal about firefighters conspiring to cheat on tests for their certifications.
Who You Know

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

-Ill-_-Bill- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. I am an ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Treecare Safety Proffessional (CTSP), and certified in the state I reside. I am also college educated (I have two degrees). Yes there are colleges the offer Arboriculture as a cirriculum.
Now as for the guy in the tree? He's an idiot too. That was an avoidable "accident".
Yes, We all know all about the "Intense" Studies an Aggie Major battles with.(Haw Haw) Who am I to step on your fantasy of self worth? It does sound better to say "Arborist", instead of "Tree Expert"
Nino Vasquez

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Massachusetts has become a Police state under Devil Patrick. There are way too many police than are necessary. They are bored, which causes much of the internal bickering and fighting going on in the barracks.
You Know Who

Orange, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Nino Vasquez wrote:
Massachusetts has become a Police state under Devil Patrick. There are way too many police than are necessary. They are bored, which causes much of the internal bickering and fighting going on in the barracks.
Actually, Mass was a police state longe before Cadillac Deval came to office. As a matter of fact, good ol' Deval went on record before he was elected and he stated that he was going to step up to the useless and lucrative police details in our fine state...sadly, he soon found out that he was dealing with very powerful police unions and his continued political success would only happen if he did not alienate our state's blueboys...soon after THAT, he was frolicking on vacation out of the state itself as he brought along 10 or 20 Mass State Troopers who got a paid working detail in paradise; all at the Taxpayer's expense.

No one succeeds in politics very long in Mass or in the US unless they are willing to ignore the shameless greed of our lawmen....Deval included.
Greg

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

You Know Who wrote:
History has proven that accidents are the leading cause of death for cops. Not getting shot at, or stabbed or beaten to death. If you look at the data for the last 30 years or so, explaining why a cop died on the job; you will plainly see that accidents are the number one reason.
Lets face it, even here in beautiful Massatucky USA, accidents come to mind for many of the recent deaths in Law Enforcement. We had that Mass State Trooper who plowed into a telephone pole while driving like a boob to assist the Saugus (I believe it was Saugus) PD with the low level traffic stop of a girl in her mid twenties who was guilty of texting while driving and nothing more. And, we read about Mass State cops getting plowed into from the rear while parked at another one of their endless and useless lucrative paid details...And, we have read of cops dying while off duty, as they drive like blithering idiots simply because they can.
Sure, we did have that unfortunate death of a cop in Somerville by the paroled convict...Other than, accidents seem to be the leading cause. Again, as is typical in most any year in law enforcement throughout the US.
True! A lot of them drink on the job. I'm sure that contributes to the high accident rate.
First responder

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Burke wrote:
1.)There was a Firefighter from Clinton, who burnt down a bar called "Tailgaters" 200 feet from the Clinton Fire House. Then, he burnt down his home for the insurance money. He was finally arrested for attempted murder of his Ex-Wife.
2.)Then, in Princeton, the acting Fire Chief was arrested for trafficking cocaine, and other drugs.
3.)Then there was a scandal about firefighters conspiring to cheat on tests for their certifications.
not a "first responder?"
Bacon out of the Fire

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Cops and firefighters always seem to be on the defense about their jobs. They rebut with hypothetical text book situations , which they've never experienced, and won't experience if they stay on the job for 30 years. Cops do have a tough job in places like Worcester and Fitchburg, but in the smaller communities, it's usually domestic problems, missing cats, and kids mischief. Firefighters never seem to actually change the outcome of any fire event. Almost always a total loss to structure. Heck, they can't even save a building 200 feet from the firehouse.(Leominster). As a psychologist, I see a great many public service employees, and mNy firefighters, and majority have inferiority complexes, stemming from their chosen professions. Many policemen, and ex policemen have serious emotional illness,. Many in my opinion should seek other lines of work.
Bacon out of the Fire

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Interesting Factoid about World Trade Center disaster: First responders barred people from evacuating the buildings because of falling glass. First responders are actually responsible for 100s of people dieing that didn't have to die. Bad judgement call. What's worse, taking a chance that glass might fall on you, or exiting a skyscraper that's a raging inferno and about to collapse? Why the media deifys the idiot firefighters and first responders is mind boggling to me.
Working Stiff

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Bacon out of the Fire wrote:
Interesting Factoid about World Trade Center disaster: First responders barred people from evacuating the buildings because of falling glass. First responders are actually responsible for 100s of people dieing that didn't have to die. Bad judgement call. What's worse, taking a chance that glass might fall on you, or exiting a skyscraper that's a raging inferno and about to collapse? Why the media deifys the idiot firefighters and first responders is mind boggling to me.
I'm sorry you were fired from your job as a firefighter. Good luck working at Target.
Bacon out of the Fire

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

I hate first responders! Sometimes I dress up as a firefighter and run around dragging a garden hose in my backyard screaming "Backdraft Backdraft!!!'. Being a psychologist I've found that most psychologists are gender challenged. I'm to stupid to understand that firefighter like any other job is important.
Bacon out the Fire

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Actually guys, I was fired from my last job because it was discovered that I was hooking up with strange men at rest stops. I'm sorry, I like the feeling of brining pleasure to a strange man and feeling his love juice slide down my throat. Luckily my wife doesn't know.
Bacon out of the Fire

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes I like to dress up as a cop and handcuff my life partner to the bed. It's very stress relieving.
Firefighter

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, maybe we aren't educated, maybe we are stupid, maybe we are sensitive about our jobs, because we have to pretend we're important. Maybe we don't have much to do, so we play cards, and whack off. Maybe we became firemen because we like the company of other men. Maybe we are a bunch of latent homosexuals. Maybe we stopped developing mentally at age 13. So what?
Riddle me this

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

How many firefighters does it take to put out a fire 200 feet from the firehouse? Answer: we'll never know, because they're to frigging stupid and slow to put it out.
Hahaha

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Firefighter wrote:
Yeah, maybe we aren't educated, maybe we are stupid, maybe we are sensitive about our jobs, because we have to pretend we're important. Maybe we don't have much to do, so we play cards, and whack off. Maybe we became firemen because we like the company of other men. Maybe we are a bunch of latent homosexuals. Maybe we stopped developing mentally at age 13. So what?
And we found the guy who couldn't pass the test cuz he's too fat or even stupider than the guys who did pass. Damn, that's window licking stupid right there.
Victor

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Traditionally, the position of firefighter was for young men in a community who flunked high school. To help them build some sense of self worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of77
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE