Tree worker jolted by electrical wire in Lunenburg

Oct 12, 2013 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise 77

A tree service worker was injured Saturday morning on Elizabeth Street after a branch he was cutting made contact with a power line.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
You Know Who

Orange, VA

#1 Oct 15, 2013
I want to personally thank this man for risking his life for all of us each and every day that he is on the job. The facts are that our nation's Tree Workers lose their lives on the job at numbers higher than those employed in Law Enforcement and in Firefighting.

This fact is little known to most people because our nation's Tree Workers do not fully exploit each and every injury or death on the job.

Again, my personal thanks go out to this fine man. And, to his family as well. It must be especially difficult to see this man leave for work each day, not knowing if he will be injured (or even worse) as he bravely performs his duties.

Thank you.
You Know Who

Leominster, MA

#2 Oct 15, 2013
It's also a more dangerous job than being a cop hating scumbag who collects welfare and posts on anonymous websites.

Thank you.
Who Knows You

Worcester, MA

#3 Oct 15, 2013
Just a word of advice,.. You wouldn't sound like such a complete Moron if stopped using phrases like "our nations tree workers".... They cut trees down, I mean.., I could teach a chimpanzee to do the same, and not electrocute himself. Don't try to glorify a job reserved for idiots, who chose not to get an education. Police and firefighters put there life on the line everyday. You come off like such an idiot. The sad part is, your to stupid to understand what I'm saying. Sad......I pray for you.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
It's also a more dangerous job than being a cop hating scumbag who collects welfare and posts on anonymous websites.
Thank you.
Such personal hostility Mr. Leominster! Why so personal? Darn Tooten just pointed out the reality of a person working with high voltage.
Jerry

Worcester, MA

#5 Oct 15, 2013
All I ever see the fire guys doing is sitting around playing cards. Heck, a huge building right around the corner from the firehouse in Leominster burnt down a year ago. If they can't put out a fire and save a building literally 300 feet from the firehouse, what good are they? The town would be better off dismantling the useless fire department, and putting the money they saved into something usefull, like decent toilets for the police department.
Paul Richards

Worcester, MA

#6 Oct 15, 2013
I thought pigs like wallowing in their own shit. Why do they need toilets? I'm just sayin'....
Paul Richards

Worcester, MA

#7 Oct 15, 2013
It sounds more "regal" to say "our nation's " before" tree workers". For example,... "Our nation's cesspool cleaners". See?
You Know Who

Leominster, MA

#8 Oct 15, 2013
While I'm at it I'd like to personaly thank crab fishermen. They put their life on the line so I can enjoy some tasty crab legs that I buy with my food stamp card. When is the last time a worthless cop or fireman get me some free seafood?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
While I'm at it I'd like to personaly thank crab fishermen. They put their life on the line so I can enjoy some tasty crab legs that I buy with my food stamp card. When is the last time a worthless cop or fireman get me some free seafood?
Where do you get this "worthless cop or fireman" Bull? You always mix apples with oranges!

No one agrees with your pedestal theory! Enough!

Since 911 it has gotten ridiculous, enough!

You should be thanking Obama for borrowing off the Chinese in order to secure fire and police jobs. You conveniently forget this fact always!

Fire and Police have been around since the beginning of time. We all know societies need for these two jobs. We all support police and fire.

You twist words constantly!!! Lets be honest, Enough! Let me ask you Mr. Leominster; how much did that very thick copper soffit cost the residents of Leominster that was just placed at the outside edges of the LFD??

That has to be a very thick grade of copper. How much per lineal foot? How much is spent on cell phones for police and fire in Leominster? How much is spent by the city to buy back unused time concerning the LPD?

Why don't the city council and Mayor request for a new contract? One that eliminates the phones and one that lessons the days off to at least coincide with the ten year average of buy back expenses??

Now that would be getting serious with a budget! But there will be more protectionism and double talk in order to save those costs from being cut!!
Lynch Too

Leominster, MA

#10 Oct 15, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this "worthless cop or fireman" Bull? You always mix apples with oranges!
You should be thanking Obama for borrowing off the Chinese in order to secure fire and police jobs. You conveniently forget this fact always!
Fire and Police have been around since the beginning of time. We all know societies need for these two jobs. We all support police and fire.
You twist words constantly!!! Lets be honest, Enough! Let me ask you Mr. Leominster; how much did that very thick copper soffit cost the residents of Leominster that was just placed at the outside edges of the LFD??
That has to be a very thick grade of copper. How much per lineal foot? How much is spent on cell phones for police and fire in Leominster? How much is spent by the city to buy back unused time concerning the LPD?
Why don't the city council and Mayor request for a new contract? One that eliminates the phones and one that lessons the days off to at least coincide with the ten year average of buy back expenses??
Now that would be getting serious with a budget! But there will be more protectionism and double talk in order to save those costs from being cut!!
Can anyone honestly be this stupid? I suppose they could have made the soffit out of dog shit and rebuilt it again when it rains but that gets expensive. Take for example the Statue of Liberty. It's made of copper and has lasted for a few years.
Devils Advocate

Rockville, MD

#11 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
Don't you mean "Our Nation's Crab Fishermen"???
You Know Who

Orange, VA

#12 Oct 15, 2013
Who Knows You wrote:
Just a word of advice,.. You wouldn't sound like such a complete Moron if stopped using phrases like "our nations tree workers".... They cut trees down, I mean.., I could teach a chimpanzee to do the same, and not electrocute himself. Don't try to glorify a job reserved for idiots, who chose not to get an education. Police and firefighters put there life on the line everyday. You come off like such an idiot. The sad part is, your to stupid to understand what I'm saying. Sad......I pray for you.
Let the record stand that cops and firefighters have the POTENTIAL of being in a life threatening situation each day that they are on the job. The cold had facts are that THEY ARE NOT in a life threatening situation each day they are on the job.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#13 Oct 15, 2013
Who Knows You wrote:
Is Lynch just plain stupid? There must be explanation for his ignorance? Is he an inbred from the mountain people? Obviously this must be the Lynch imposter because I notice the poster brings up public safety now just to stir it up. Lynch looks bad anyways so the imposter doesn't need to keep going on.

How can you compare a tree worker to a cop or firefighter? Why does Lynch always have to bring the police and firefighters into a topic?

A tree worker is not in an emergency situation where there is only seconds to make a decision and react. Firefighters and cops do not have the convenience to size up a building for an hour before going in to put the fire out. A cop is not going to wait and find out if someone who is pointing a gun at them is really a nice person and doesn't plan on shooting them.

A tree worker has plenty of time to size up and plan the operation. This guy is an idiot. Yeah I feel bad for him but then again I never heard of a tree worker getting electrocuted. Tree workers know better and each section of the tree is looked at beforehand to prevent electrocution.

An educated and experienced tree worker plans and knows where to start first to avoid any contact with the power lines even when dropping the branches.

Firefighters and cops are totally different jobs than any other profession. It is not about the fatality rate it is about when they die because they are protecting and saving the lives of the community members.

Many other professions are more dangerous but they do not die trying to directly protect and save the lives of the citizens.

Not sure where Lynch got his information from? Bus driver's get in more accidents then tree workers ! So a bus driver has a more dangerous job than a tree worker !
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#14 Oct 15, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
All that money paid for by the taxpayers for your room and board in prison could have paid for cell phones not just for one city but for many cities for many years !

Where is the real Lynch? I know you are not the real Lynch. Yeah Lynch is stupid and dumb but he does not stir it up this much.

Why do you keep using everyone's screen names?
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#15 Oct 15, 2013
I have a theory on Lynch. It's not that he hates only Police and Firemen. He hates anyone who has things he can't afford or use. He's always complaining about peoples cars, boats and toys. He would probably have an anurism if he ever came to my house. It's slum mentality.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#16 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the record stand that cops and firefighters have the POTENTIAL of being in a life threatening situation each day that they are on the job. The cold had facts are that THEY ARE NOT in a life threatening situation each day they are on the job.
I disagree. Lets say you are a cop on duty and you get a call to arrest a convicted murderer with multiple assault charges for welfare fraud? That's life threatening to me. The police get these calls everyday.
You Know Who

Orange, VA

#17 Oct 15, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Lets say you are a cop on duty and you get a call to arrest a convicted murderer with multiple assault charges for welfare fraud? That's life threatening to me. The police get these calls everyday.
I suppose the scenario that you mapped out DOES happen from time to time. But, it sometimes seems like whenever I see a Fburg cop, they are hanging around an Auto Body Shop or an Auto Repair Shop (I just saw this twice in the last week or so); or, they are parked in JR's parking lot for 45 minutes to an hour doing nothing beyond texting. Or, they are hanging around another of the countless paid details, where they basically ignore traffic, shoot the sh#t with the workers on the site, and use their cell phones.

When is the last time that a Fburg cop died in the line of duty anyways? If it is such a life threatening profession; then why aren't we endlessly reading of another Fburg cop dying while on the job? I am not talking about a motor vehicle mishap; where a Fburg cop is driving like a blooming idiot as he speeds recklessly through our City streets. I am talking about a death while bravely doing their job...has it ever happened at all, in the 200 year or so history of Fburg?
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#18 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose the scenario that you mapped out DOES happen from time to time. But, it sometimes seems like whenever I see a Fburg cop, they are hanging around an Auto Body Shop or an Auto Repair Shop (I just saw this twice in the last week or so); or, they are parked in JR's parking lot for 45 minutes to an hour doing nothing beyond texting. Or, they are hanging around another of the countless paid details, where they basically ignore traffic, shoot the sh#t with the workers on the site, and use their cell phones.
When is the last time that a Fburg cop died in the line of duty anyways? If it is such a life threatening profession; then why aren't we endlessly reading of another Fburg cop dying while on the job? I am not talking about a motor vehicle mishap; where a Fburg cop is driving like a blooming idiot as he speeds recklessly through our City streets. I am talking about a death while bravely doing their job...has it ever happened at all, in the 200 year or so history of Fburg?
I'm not a cop but it's possible they are following up on a break in at the body shop or maybe information about a raving lunatic that was at the bar assaulting people? Could be that they are parked on the side of the road staking out drug dealers? It could be they are speeding down the streets with a siren blaring because they got a call and are trying to save a life? What's your point?
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#19 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
They are at road details for the safety of the workers only. They are not there to direct traffic. Sorry but many people believe they are there for traffic control and that is totally wrong.

They will stop traffic if needed for the workers to move equipment but that is all they will do. All driver's know how to proceed past a road detail safely. It was a question on your driver's test.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#20 Oct 15, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Auto body shops routinely find drugs and guns hidden in door panels and other areas when they receive a vehicle for repair. So they have to report it.

It's 3 am on Fifth Mass Turnpike (rural area) and you find lowrider with tinted windows and NY plates parked at the edge of the road with 3 people in it. We know from experience and training the backseat middle man is the gunman because that is how they roll.

So now what job is more dangerous? I bet a tree worker would not want to trade places !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fattman cries foul over defaced signs 9 min The Insider 30
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 7 hr Lynch Clone 68
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. 21 hr Jtn 32
Current Fitchburg 21 hr Jtn 6
Family mourns loss of young mother devoted to b... (Jul '09) Sun Kevin Lynch 41
Fitchburg's arts at center of roundtable Sun Tammy 2
Habitat to hold application meetings Oct 18 Be careful 1

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info