Created by sonny brisebois on Jul 25, 2008

115 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

SRC

Gloucester, MA

#1 Jul 25, 2008
We can not address the status of being young as if it were a crime.
WestSide Resident

Seekonk, MA

#2 Jul 26, 2008
SRC wrote:
Likewise, we cannot address the status of being over 40 as if it were a crime.
It may work

AOL

#3 Jul 26, 2008
Of course!
scavenger

Newburyport, MA

#4 Jul 26, 2008
SRC wrote:
Being young should not be addressed as a crime, but if they aren't roaming the streets at 2:30 in the morning there is less chance they will be involved in one or be a victim of one. What is wrong with some of the parents who let 14 and 15 year olds stay out till dawn just roaming the streets anyhow ?

“I'm a Fitchburger and Proud ”

Since: Jan 08

Fitchburg ( of course)

#5 Jul 26, 2008
Anyone else?
Emily

Buzzards Bay, MA

#6 Jul 26, 2008
Of course they should. You drivers have to be off the road by 12:30 AM and that should serve as the time at least for the summer. During the school year, with the excpetion of young workers, 11 should be considered.

Leominster should think about this too.
SRC

United States

#7 Jul 27, 2008
I hope West Side, that you're not referring to that poor soul who was hanging out at Partner's late night...so sad.

Fitchburg ( of course)

#8 Jul 27, 2008
This one needs your opinion . This is an important issue.
Ajay

Randolph, MA

#9 Jul 28, 2008
Why just under 18? If you're going to have a curfew, include everyone. None of those assested in the prostitute sting were under 18.
QEII

Bronx, NY

#11 Jul 28, 2008
jtn wrote:
This means the mayor falls under the curfew
lol, now that's funnnnnnny!
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Jul 28, 2008
I think this might be something to try and see how it goes, might be for the better, or might not work at all.....but definitely worth a shot.
Hawk

Long Island City, NY

#13 Jul 28, 2008
Right, FORCE Government to control your kids, that's the answer! I suppose you want to pay for the after hours enforcement program and check points?
Resident

United States

#14 Jul 28, 2008
sonny brisebois wrote:
This one needs your opinion . This is an important issue.
Are the majority of kids under 18 causing so much havoc in the city after 11:00pm that we need a curfew? Is there really that big of a problem?
doug

Lexington, MA

#15 Jul 28, 2008
wire taps without warrants, giving jobs to people because they are non-white, imprisonment without being charged with a crime, asset forfeiture, taxation to "redistribute the wealth," arresting fathers for defending their children, requiring a license to own a firearm, campaign finance laws that infringe on free speech.....I think instituting a curfew falls inline with the general direction this country is taking. Who needs civil rights anyway?
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#16 Jul 28, 2008
Hawk wrote:
Right, FORCE Government to control your kids, that's the answer! I suppose you want to pay for the after hours enforcement program and check points?
People are relying on the government and the taxpayers to support their kids, might as well rely on them to contol'em too.
Liz

Melrose, MA

#18 Jul 30, 2008
Isn't most Fitchburg crime committed by people over 18?
gringo

Fitchburg, MA

#19 Jul 30, 2008
anybody that is on the streets after 9-10 ther is no good news in that especially in these streets that have nothing but trouble out there unfortunatelly even I HAVE TO AGREEE ON THIS ONE

Since: Nov 07

the dirty burg

#20 Jul 30, 2008
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the majority of kids under 18 causing so much havoc in the city after 11:00pm that we need a curfew? Is there really that big of a problem?
I don't think the point is that the children are committing crimes - but what are they learning by hanging out in the streets all night? How to sell drugs, join a gang, beat people up, etc.

The fact is - too many parents just don't care. The ones that do have their kids inside at a reasonable time and chances are, they are going to be better citizens in the long run.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat - I'm not saying that kids staying out past a certain time turns them into criminals.

Not only for society's sake but for the safety of the kids. If their own parents don't care, someone should.
Reggie

Ridgefield, CT

#21 Jul 30, 2008
gringo wrote:
anybody that is on the streets after 9-10 ther is no good news in that especially in these streets that have nothing but trouble out there unfortunatelly even I HAVE TO AGREEE ON THIS ONE
Im glad that you and I have met on common ground, I agree with you.No white/black/latino; just any kids out after 10 at night are looking for trouble.Nothing to do with race or color.Im glad we agree on some things,im not a trouble maker.

Fitchburg ( of course)

#22 Aug 9, 2008
anyone else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Storm bad, but it could've been worse 2 hr BillyBob 14
Two-alarm fire at Westminster home 15 hr papabear 1
Massachusetts town weighs nation's 1st tobacco ban 18 hr Inquisitive 43
Lancaster gets Big Belly trash compactor - Sent... (Jul '10) 20 hr Tammy 8
Cities, towns savoring fuel savings 21 hr Tammy 9
Oh Kevin for where art thou? Tue Jtn 5
At least 6-7 inches of snow in Fitchburg by noon Jan 26 Jtn 1

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match