Boisvert: ID cards needed for city employees after break-in

There are 5 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Nov 19, 2007, titled Boisvert: ID cards needed for city employees after break-in. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Councilor Norman Boisvert has proposed that all city employees display photo-identifcation badges after a woman was robbed at her house earlier this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Gina

AOL

#1 Nov 19, 2007
Once again, Norman Boisvert is going off halfcocked trying to sound like he knows what he is talking about.
Public works employees have an ID card at all times when they're in the field and wear them. Did this resident ask for an identification?
Educating the residents to look for or ask for an identification seems to be what is needed. I would NEVER allow ANYONE into my home unless they had called in advance to tell me they were coming or I could see identification.

Norman Boisvert would be better serving the community if he would get back to finding out what happened to all that tax money that hasn't been paid in over ten years in his ward.
He acted so concerned when the story came out in the paper. He had done nothing about it prior to the story breaking.

What has he done about it since. I can't believe the people in his ward cannot come up with a better representative for their ward. Geez.
I don't want to sound negative but....what has he really done?
About anything?
Marie H

Northampton, MA

#2 Nov 19, 2007
While I do agree that Boisvert should have found out if city employees already have a picture ID before filing anything, they should be required to wear them at all times while working.
I would not let anyone into my home without ID or a phone call first either, but we have had to have several discussions with my 86 year old Mother-in-law because she is too trusting (which is why the elderly are targets for low-life scumbags). As a matter of fact, just recently she had a couple of visits from someone claiming to be from the water department saying they had to come in and check her meter. We showed her this story and told her again, DO NOT let anyone in - if they are legit they will just have to come back with proof. Also, if I remember correctly, the City just put some device on the outside of homes so workers would not have to go into peoples homes to check the meter.
As far as Mylott's statement "All of our public works employees have and wear ID cards at all times when they're in the field" we all know that's a bunch of bull. They may have them, but many don't wear them.
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

#3 Nov 20, 2007
Why hasn't Councilor Boisvert, or Mayor Mylott ever had anything to say about the missing money from the treasury, after treasurer Richards past away?

Yet, now he wants to spend more on something that every city employee already has? It's obvious going into the Wong Administration, she will have more cronies to deal with. Hopefully Fitchburg citizens will send Mr. Boisvert, and his Councilor cronies packing in the next election!
Red Baron

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jul 6, 2013
Red Baron wrote:
Why hasn't Councilor Boisvert, or Mayor Mylott ever had anything to say about the missing money from the treasury, after treasurer Richards past away?
Yet, now he wants to spend more on something that every city employee already has? It's obvious going into the Wong Administration, she will have more cronies to deal with. Hopefully Fitchburg citizens will send Mr. Boisvert, and his Councilor cronies packing in the next election!
Who is the Red Baron? Interesting comments, can you continue?
Rollstone

Forestdale, MA

#6 Jul 7, 2013
Red Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the Red Baron? Interesting comments, can you continue?
2 suspects in fatal beating have long criminal histories
“The Boston Herald yesterday obtained confidential criminal offender records for Kevin A. Lynch, 22, of South Boston and Kevin M. Dahl, 20, of Weymouth, who are said to have the most extensive criminal histories among the nine accused of fatally beating and stabbing [Andrew McDonough], 23, Saturday.
Both Lynch and Dahl were named by homicide detective Sgt. William Mahoney as participants in the attack on McDonough, who died two hours after he was found in the street with stab wounds and other injuries.
Mahoney, testifying at the defendants' arraignment Monday, said witnesses saw Lynch kicking McDonough in the head in the 2 a.m. assault, which occurred after McDonough and some friends reportedly were turned away from a party at Lynch's home on L Street.”
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bostonherald/acce ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Where is Kevin Lynch? (Nov '14) 24 min Fox News 70
News Lapidus will make $235G as FSU head 2 hr Jtn 4
Truce is respected 20 hr BillyBob 5
Lynch Fest 2015 May 23 Civil Servant Sup... 15
Review: Fitchburg Tattoo Co (Apr '10) May 22 insider 29
News Leominster man arrested in Fitchburg murder May 22 insider 1
News Couple charged in alleged tussle with Leominste... May 22 insider 1
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE