Candidate of the people

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Mar 13, 2013

Flanagan endorses Lynch for Senate

By Chris Camire, ccamire@sentinelandenterprise. com

Posted: 03/12/2013 06:32:25 AM EDT

BOSTON -- State Sen. Jennifer Flanagan endorsed U.S. Rep. Stephen Lynch Monday in his race against colleague Ed Markey for the Democratic nomination in the special election for U.S. Senate.

Flanagan, a Leominster Democrat, said she thinks Lynch is the best advocate for "working families."

"He's a very hands-on elected official," said Flanagan. "He's not someone who we will have to go looking for. I'm confident he will have a presence in North Central Massachusetts."

Flanagan, who is the Senate Ways and Means Committee vice chairwoman, also said she admires the work Lynch has done to combat opioid drug abuse.

Flanagan hosted an organizational meeting for Lynch supporters at the Knights of Columbus in Leominster on Sunday. Lynch attended the event.

Flanagan's endorsement comes on the same day a national environmental-advocacy group is pledging to spend $650,000 to help elect Markey. The League of Conservation Voters said it hopes to knock on the doors of more than 200,000 likely Democratic voters before the April 30 primary.

The group plans to distribute fliers describing Markey as someone who's spent his career protecting the environment and fighting climate change.

Markey and Lynch have signed a pledge to discourage outside groups from spending money on television, radio and internet ads and campaign mailings.

The League of Conservation Voters says it's not planning to mail flyers.

The group said it hopes to reach many

----------

Advertisement

----------
of the same voters contacted last year during a similar campaign in support of Democratic U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/ci_22770...
Devils Advocate

Gaithersburg, MD

#2 Mar 13, 2013
Oh, threw your hat in, did ya?
Jtn

Concord, MA

#7 Mar 16, 2013
Who gives a hoot,Jenny gul is a looser
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#8 Mar 17, 2013
I believe that Lynch would be a great Senator. If Marky wins I may vote Republican. I like the navy seal,gabriel gomez.

Marky is the same old! His commercial depicts him going after the Chinese for importing assault rifles!

Is he joking? The NRA stakes claim to American made assault rifles.

Then this,"I am for back ground checks"! BS! Let me clue him in; every American Massacre has been done with American made assault rifles! And the offender was a legal gun owner with NO CRIMINAL RECORD!

It is positions like Markeys "anti Chinese assault weapons ban" that is the BS that Americans are tired of!

Get things done! Propose and pass a law to close loopholes for the super wealthy!

Propose and pass pro American jobs bills!!!!!!

If you want real change vote in Lynch! Otherwise it is Gomez for me!
jtn

Concord, MA

#9 Mar 17, 2013
Cant believe we elected this ladt,friend of wong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Numbers of homeless increase in region 4 hr Jtn 12
Good Samaritan gets more than he bargained for ... 11 hr Dr Martscoff 2
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) 11 hr Jtn 74
Police: Man found in FSC bathroom arrested - Se... (Dec '08) 11 hr Tim 17
Fitchburg High, Fitchburg State team up to prov... 15 hr BillyBob 2
Scott Bonnevie Mon Jtn 2
Looking to move to Fitchburg Sep 14 Tranny from Miami 17
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••