calling Stamos

Fitchburg, MA

#699 Oct 18, 2013
Stamos agrees with lower taxes. I am an Independent conservative.

We need to make bold moves. A couple counselors want to hire an economic manager. I like this idea but we must give them a running chance when hired as we will just end up with another paycheck to pay with no results.

An economic manager could have fairy dust and it wouldn't help us in Fitchburg. No business is going to set up shop in Fitchburg under these costs of doing business.

At present the city misuses the CDBG funding in order to fund FPD OT and FFD needs as well as other programs that are normally funded in the general city budget but have been shifted to CDBG in order to be able to place a symbolic $500,000 into our stabilization account. A "milestone" it is called.

This is mismanagement at its highest levels. The city has allowed our roads to go to hell and our financial future is forecasted with serious debt implications.

Everything has been done in this city to beautify a few peoples political resumes. Our financial standing is built on quicksand! Just watch and remember I said this if nothing changes now to budget 2015.
John Dillinger

United States

#700 Oct 18, 2013
While we're at it! How about a tax abatement for violent ex-cons with extensive assault records who have served time for murder? Oh, wait, you don't pay property taxes, do you? OK. On to the next bad idea.
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#701 Oct 18, 2013
All due respect but the City Council has also done this to our city as they sit on their hands. They have overused the rubber stamp as they have approved every tax increase , every fee increase and every Utility increase.

Business and residents are leaving Fitchburg due to these constraints/costs of doing business. We also have a FPD administration this misleads our citizens as they tell them lies. Everyone knows when they are being lied to as it is an insult to intelligence.

We need to begin to manage our city! Yes, we need to better manage our police department. Everyone is afraid to even discuss these topics never mind to debate them. This is why nothing gets fixed.

Antonucci is the University president and doesn't even live in this city. We allow him to lead our city in ways that hurts our city but assist him with his budget concerns. We need to lead.

The Sentinel is equivalent to a free speech controller according to the city governments needs and politics. This makes democracy more challenging as it hampers the citizens of Fitchburg as we are trying to build a sense of community.

Everyone sees the arrogance in the way things get run in Fitchburg. Our city is run like a town. Not everyone is related as we have over 40,000 citizens. We have an exclusion attitude as we need to pass a litmus test as citizens.

Corruption rules our city. It is injured but we need to now stand up and to vote so we can knock it off its pedestal before it completely ruins our city.

You cannot even open a business in Fitchburg unless you are connected to the police or fire. We are a city of 40,000. Our economy cannot run just on the networks businesses as we see with a mere 18% business base.

Our planning boards and license boards have been polluted with network connections for way to long. We need to revamp Fitchburg in order for us to grow.
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#702 Oct 18, 2013
Lets all try and guess who is going to be hired as an economic manager for the city!!!

We will be hearing our councilors talking about ,"a long term resident"!

As we will hear them state the same reasoning when choosing our next police Chief.

Lets manage the city and make the best chooses for a better and safer Fitchburg. The network will survive on their own as we need to build our community not knock it down and isolate it !!!
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#703 Oct 18, 2013
John Dillinger wrote:
While we're at it! How about a tax abatement for violent ex-cons with extensive assault records who have served time for murder? Oh, wait, you don't pay property taxes, do you? OK. On to the next bad idea.
you know that is very old already! "Ex-con"? Really? Is this a DNA configuration?

"With an extensive violent history?" Really? I had a bare fist fight over 20 years ago after I tried to quell a fight from even beginning. I am not God and could not control many different people.

I didn't and never would hit anyone with a weapon nor kill anyone. Enough already with your BS. Get a clue before you talk about these situations which you have no knowledge about!

You sound like the DA, "most revealing is the arrest in 1992 for murder". It was hollow when he stated it and it is hollow when you state it.

This is all you can state. And another thing. I have worked my entire life with hard labor as I now suffer from a very painfully constant condition in all my joints.

Yes, I had a mechanical valve implant and I have other health issues which is being evaluated. I have either adult MS, Lime disease or cancer. You couldn't deal with the pain that I deal with on a daily basis as I tie my hands and feet up every day in order to stem some of the pain.

Yes, my physical condition hampers me from working but I always continue to try as I know that I will succeed in some capacity. I will die trying. No complaints here as I move on and continue the best I can.
Dummy

Leominster, MA

#704 Oct 18, 2013
I don't understand why I'm banned everywhere I go. Just read my posts. I'm smart, not like everyone says! I'm smart and I want respect!
Just Facts

United States

#705 Oct 18, 2013
calling Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
I propose the lowering of the business tax to $17 per thousand from its current $27 per thousand. Leominster is $17.86 per thousand. This shortfall is 2.1 Million dollars. Our city budget is 105 Million dollars.
At present our very low business tax base is just 18% of the 45 Million in revenue that the city collects. This is "HOPEFULLY" the lowest business base that we will see as a city. This makes it the perfect time to apply such a decrease.
We have over 5 million sitting in a stabilization account that can be used immediately to secure the interim of this tax decrease.
The proper marketing of such a rate decrease to potential businesses will bring businesses to Fitchburg which will widen our tax base which will take care of this 2.1 Million shortfall created.
It is multiple pronged as the city would also have to immediately lower water and sewer rates for businesses. This money is already sitting in the water and sewer account. The city would also have to allow all businesses to be able to join the city's energy rate which is NOT Unitil!!!
At present we have roughly 1,200 empty homes within Fitchburg which can generate up to 4 Million in new revenue.
Our city is in the position of reaching the levy ceiling with the Levy limit which equals 2.5% of your homes value. This is alarming.
So you propose decreasing the tax rate to be essentially equal to Leominster, and put our stabalization account "at risk" because you HOPE it would entice someone to land a business here instead of Leominster. It took years for Mayor Wong to create that stabalization account, which has allowed our city bond rating to improve in case we need to get a loan.

At the same time, you insist that Fitchburg lower the rates for water and sewer, but those rates were increased as high as they are because we are now having to pay higher rates for work that previous administrations put off instead of doing the work back then. Fitchburg is required to do these improvements or face fines...what part of that don't you understand?

and lastly, you somehow think that this will magically fill 1,200 empty homes.

Until you can provide better details on what other benefits Fitchburg has over Leominster for enticing businesses to come here, your ideas are too risky. You also have no concrete evidence that this will miraculously fill all those homes. Many of those homes are probably vacant because they are unlivable and should be torn down instead.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#706 Oct 18, 2013
Lynch for city council wrote:
<quoted text>
you know that is very old already! "Ex-con"? Really? Is this a DNA configuration?
"With an extensive violent history?" Really? I had a bare fist fight over 20 years ago after I tried to quell a fight from even beginning. I am not God and could not control many different people.
I didn't and never would hit anyone with a weapon nor kill anyone. Enough already with your BS. Get a clue before you talk about these situations which you have no knowledge about!
You sound like the DA, "most revealing is the arrest in 1992 for murder". It was hollow when he stated it and it is hollow when you state it.
This is all you can state. And another thing. I have worked my entire life with hard labor as I now suffer from a very painfully constant condition in all my joints.
Yes, I had a mechanical valve implant and I have other health issues which is being evaluated. I have either adult MS, Lime disease or cancer. You couldn't deal with the pain that I deal with on a daily basis as I tie my hands and feet up every day in order to stem some of the pain.
Yes, my physical condition hampers me from working but I always continue to try as I know that I will succeed in some capacity. I will die trying. No complaints here as I move on and continue the best I can.
So why do I have to keep working if I have the same medical conditions that you do? That isn't fair, do you think that is right?

Why?
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#707 Oct 18, 2013
All due respect but the City Council has also done this to our city as they sit on their hands. They have overused the rubber stamp as they have approved every tax increase , every fee increase and every Utility increase.
Business and residents are leaving Fitchburg due to these constraints/costs of doing business. We also have a FPD administration this misleads our citizens as they tell them lies. Everyone knows when they are being lied to as it is an insult to intelligence.
We need to begin to manage our city! Yes, we need to better manage our police department. Everyone is afraid to even discuss these topics never mind to debate them. This is why nothing gets fixed.
Antonucci is the University president and doesn't even live in this city. We allow him to lead our city in ways that hurts our city but assist him with his budget concerns. We need to lead.
The Sentinel is equivalent to a free speech controller according to the city governments needs and politics. This makes democracy more challenging as it hampers the citizens of Fitchburg as we are trying to build a sense of community.
Everyone sees the arrogance in the way things get run in Fitchburg. Our city is run like a town. Not everyone is related as we have over 40,000 citizens. We have an exclusion attitude as we need to pass a litmus test as citizens.
Corruption rules our city. It is injured but we need to now stand up and to vote so we can knock it off its pedestal before it completely ruins our city.
You cannot even open a business in Fitchburg unless you are connected to the police or fire. We are a city of 40,000. Our economy cannot run just on the networks businesses as we see with a mere 18% business base.
Our planning boards and license boards have been polluted with network connections for way to long. We need to revamp Fitchburg in order for us to grow.
And who are you?

And you wonder why people look at you as if you are crazy. Calling Medstar Ambulance now to take you away. Time for a mental evaluation.

The hospital will prescribe you "happy pills".
Civil Servant Supporter

Gardner, MA

#708 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
T.
EXPLAIN THIS PLEASE

Three men accused in the clubbing and spearing death of Andrew S. McDonough last summer pleaded guilty in Suffolk Superior Court yesterday to manslaughter.
Judge Robert Banks ordered Jason D. Clifford, 21, of Dorchester to serve 7 to 15 years, and Kevin Lynch, 23, of South Boston to serve 6 to 15 years in the state prison in Walpole; and Brian Lynch, 20, of South Boston to serve 20 years in the state prison in Concord.

You say The end result was that a jury of our peers found my co-defendants not guilty BUT the paper says they pleaded guilty. Did they SUE the paper for the misprint.

Here it say you ALL pleaded guilty
Cheryl45

Forestdale, MA

#709 Oct 18, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called CORRUPTION! I will give you the right to review my driving record and you decide!
The worst ticket I received and was found responsible for in over ten years is going 42 in a 35.
The RMV did state that I also received a ticket in 1985. 1985 !!!!!
It was a $100 ticket I believe,$50 automatic and a $50 fine. I was 16 yrs of age, no arrest, no charges, just a ticket
It's quite instructive that you always avoid discussing what you were charged with. You would have everyone believe that the good old boy network had your license suspended for life just because you called to report a tailgater. This is about as believable as your contention that you spent eight years in jail for trying to break up a fight. Or that your brother pleaded "guilty to helping his brother" (as if there were such a plea).
Simply put, Lynch, you have lied about every aspect of your life for decades and you expect the voters to just accept your lying crap. You have been lying for so long that you really don't know the difference between reality and your delusional fantasy world. You are about as believable as a full septic tanker.
Guy Gadbois

Fitchburg, MA

#710 Oct 18, 2013
"No business is going to set up shop in Fitchburg under these costs of doing business."
-Asshat Lynch

Are you serious?? Someone should tell all those tattoo parlor entrepeneurs, 632 pizza shop owners, methadone clinic sponsors. How about those risk takers along Main Street with those consignment shops? Not to overlook all those new, huge dental practices recently opened on South St. And, of course, we cannot forget Fitchburg has become the apex for used car dealers.

Accounting student

Hudson, MA

#711 Oct 18, 2013
Guy Gadbois wrote:
"No business is going to set up shop in Fitchburg under these costs of doing business."
-Asshat Lynch
Are you serious?? Someone should tell all those tattoo parlor entrepeneurs, 632 pizza shop owners, methadone clinic sponsors. How about those risk takers along Main Street with those consignment shops? Not to overlook all those new, huge dental practices recently opened on South St. And, of course, we cannot forget Fitchburg has become the apex for used car dealers.
dont forget FSU ,the got tied of my best prof
Accounting student

Hudson, MA

#712 Oct 18, 2013
I mean rid,me bad faux Paul
Omg

Hudson, MA

#713 Oct 19, 2013
Quiet down lady,happy April fools day
Omg

Hudson, MA

#714 Oct 19, 2013
Secretaries should make minimum wage only unless they are male
Plunge

Leominster, MA

#715 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You tie your hands and feet up every day? Why not just tie the rope around your neck and hop off a stool? Problem solved, your pain is gone.
Plunge

Leominster, MA

#718 Oct 19, 2013
What exactly have you contributed to society? I'll give you an answer nothing. In all honesty I don't want you to hurt yourself I just wish you get mental help before you hurt more people.
lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#719 Oct 19, 2013
Plunge wrote:
What exactly have you contributed to society? I'll give you an answer nothing. In all honesty I don't want you to hurt yourself I just wish you get mental help before you hurt more people.
Honestly, you are an idiot! I am a very good person! I always treat people very good.

Maybe I should of became a cop where I would of had the opportunity to take drug money and/or falsify reports?
lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#720 Oct 19, 2013
It is obvious to everyone that you are part of this ass kissing civil servant supporter group!

You claim that you have absolutely NO IDEA what the difference between a good cop and a bad cop is at all!

A cop that lies in order to unjustly imprison someone is nothing but a worm of society!!!

The citizens are watching all the time and that is why we see 5% voter turnouts as they lost ALL faith in good cops and good leaders!!!

It is all about accolades, you pat me and I'll pat you!

The Sentinel did a pull out section on Antonucci, come on already, really?? For what???

He chastises his last graduating class and their parents, he leaves gang graffiti on the dorm building because I requested to take it off. This isn't stubbornness it is pure ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie Baker for governor 1 hr Herbert Lipton 46
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. 1 hr Lynch 39
This time I really mean it. Really. 2 hr Kevin Lynch 27
FPD brass responsible.for Million dollar cost t... 2 hr Kevin Lynch 9
anybody know the former brenda gould remarried now 13 hr Sarah 2
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) Thu Kevin Lynch 88
A new Hope Thu OMG 5

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match