Comments
301 - 320 of 888 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2013
Jtn

Concord, MA

#322 Jul 23, 2013
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya thing he is moving to Luinenburg to be closer to Lisa???
biggrst joke on campus Antonucci's secretary Gail use to work at market basket and the dean go graduate was a glorified secretary, isn't it fit and fun at FSU
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#323 Jul 23, 2013
Jtn wrote:
<quoted text>biggrst joke on campus Antonucci's secretary Gail use to work at market basket and the dean go graduate was a glorified secretary, isn't it fit and fun at FSU
And now Market Basket is a grocery market chain that makes millions of dollars a day. Let's hope Gail does as much for FSU!
duh

Leominster, MA

#324 Jul 24, 2013
Gail is great. Everybody started somewhere.
Peaches

Fitchburg, MA

#329 Jul 25, 2013
published public newspaper reports indicate you did not seek any office. WOW
Droopyballs

Gardner, MA

#331 Jul 25, 2013
Peaches wrote:
published public newspaper reports indicate you did not seek any office. WOW
He stated he wasn't running and moving out of Fitchburg.

He did state he will be a "write-in candidate" In other words he is depending on voters to just "write-in" his name in the blank "other" box as he wouldn't be listed on the ballot.

A "write-in" as never won any type of election. They do not have to submit nomination papers or signatures. They do not have to have a formal campaign. They do not have to participate in debates.
Correction

Worcester, MA

#332 Jul 25, 2013
Jtn wrote:
<quoted text>biggrst joke on campus Antonucci's secretary Gail use to work at market basket and the dean go graduate was a glorified secretary, isn't it fit and fun at FSU
She is the 2nd biggest joke on campus. You are the biggest joke on campus.
Fitchburg citizen

Fitchburg, MA

#333 Jul 25, 2013
Correction wrote:
<quoted text>
She is the 2nd biggest joke on campus. You are the biggest joke on campus.
You are such a COWARD that you blog under "douglas,ma"! You have no backbone! You are a weak follower.

Melanson, who?
CORRECTION

Worcester, MA

#334 Jul 25, 2013
Fitchburg citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a COWARD that you blog under "douglas,ma"! You have no backbone! You are a weak follower.
Melanson, who?
Ya, okay. Whatever you say.
Peaches

Fitchburg, MA

#336 Jul 28, 2013
woof, woof, come find me daddy, woofy, woof, woof,
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#337 Jul 30, 2013
Peaches wrote:
woof, woof, come find me daddy, woofy, woof, woof,
Stop harassing me! Let Peaches rest in peace you sicko! I have her ashes on my bureau, she was family. What you are doing is extremely disturbing.

You post under different IP addresses because you are a stalker! Only stalkers and criminal harassers hide their identities as it allows them to violate others civil rights, it allows them to stalk freely.

Kamien Rolka

Forestdale, MA

#338 Jul 30, 2013
Lynch wrote:
I have decided to run a campaign in hopes to be elected as a City Councilor at Large for Fitchburg Massachusetts. I have an education in business. I have worked as a Carpenter for many years. I consider myself to be a very good problem solver. I am also great listener. These last two attributes is what I believe will make me an excellent City Councilor.
I vow to work for every citizen in Fitchburg. I will be out walking and meeting all citizens of Fitchburg.
Issues that I will propose as a City Councilor will begin with a request for a serious conversation to be had concerning enhancing our business community. I will submit requests to the Federal Government for infrastructure grants. I feel that we must give some focus to this community and to look at and discuss ways to make Fitchburg a better and safer place to do business. I will always promote and propose for lower costs for business owners within Fitchburg.
I will propose at the least two proposals directed towards discounts for our elderly citizens. One concerning a proposal that entails giving a tax discount to elder citizens within Fitchburg who have remained residing in their homes as Fitchburg residents. Another proposal entails a scaling back to the water and sewer rates before the massive increases for citizens who are 63 yrs and older.
Way too often we have politicians who state that they support elders affairs then when elected they sit on their hands and do nothing concerning what they have promised.
I have a strong belief that the city of Fitchburg belongs to the citizens of Fitchburg and not just a select few. For too many decades decisions have been made for a select few and now every citizen of Fitchburg is paying for this favoritism such as is the case concerning the water and sewer increases. Officials were warned that the overbuilding will be too overbearing for the water treatment plant as the new catch basins bring floods of run off rain water that wasn't being collected before.
There are too many empty houses within Fitchburg. We are creating a Detroit like atmosphere. Crack cocaine and Heroin use are surging within Fitchburg as well as an influx of gang buildup within. We need to do more reaching out to the FBI,DEA and State police concerning the need to deal with these most serious issues. Within one of my proposals and request for a federal grant I will seek to co-op with the state police in the building of a new state police barracks within Fitchburg.
We need to co-op with organizations that deal with prevention concerning drug abuse. We need to educate our police as many feel that methadone is a synthetic heroin when in fact it is not, it is a blocker that works within the hormone center of the brain as it blocks urges to use. This may seem like a small problem but it is not. Education and proper understanding of such issues is crucial as our community is dealing with a serious drug abuse problem.
We must address these needs honestly, pretending that they do not exist is problematic. We have a serious homeless situation within Fitchburg. Many of our homeless are veterans. I would like to investigate the old harper furniture building as a possible site for a multi service center. Recently Worcester opened a multi service center for the homeless and drug and alcohol addicted citizens. it involves housing where these citizens transition through phases till they are self sufficient and employed.
You will get clobbered and be a laughing stock. Again.
Peaches

Fitchburg, MA

#339 Jul 30, 2013
woofy woof woof bye bye daddy woofy woof woof
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#341 Jul 30, 2013
Kamien Rolka wrote:
<quoted text>
You will get clobbered and be a laughing stock. Again.
You are wrong. I was attacked the last time I ran for Mayor.
hahaha

Fitchburg, MA

#342 Jul 30, 2013
your old mans a drunk and old lady a slob you a loser

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#343 Jul 31, 2013
Lynch for city council wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. I was attacked the last time I ran for Mayor.
Lynch, why are on here calling people cowards for not using their real names when you've been on here doing the same thing for years now? Being exposed does not make one brave Lynch. Don't you think you now owe Kaddy a personal apology after trashing him on here? How are you going to work with this man if you get elected Lynch? How are you going to work with any of the people you've been on here trashing?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/...

Hey kaddy, Who do you want as Chief? Kearns? Louney?? Kaddy ,I will challenge you personally if you think that you are going to suggest kearns,your next door neighbor or Louney the crook!

Kaddy, you have been part of this problem in Fitchburg!

DeMoura has been the best thing for Fitchburg so far! He had 32 less cops than your BUDDY TASCA and KEARNS!! And half the crime!!!!

Why you get elected, I will never know as you are the worse manager that this town has ever seen!! You have two flunky businesses that have an average of one customer every three months!

I feel in my heart that members of the FPD were on the take as Heroin dealers were paying them to operate in the city!

Kaddy, where is the $40,000 plus that went missing from the treasury??? Kearns was in charge of that investigation, correct??

Fitchburg has battled you enough to this point and we will not stop. We want a better Fitchburg regardless of your "good ole boy network". Your arrogant cop friends can go F. u. ck themselves!!!!!

It is time for you to leave office and move from Fitchburg!! You have done nothing positive for Fitchburg!!! Go head the FPD Union as for when we take over the mAYORS OFFICE and councilmen positions we will fire the FPD union. No more contracts for the FPD! That is real positive change!
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#344 Jul 31, 2013
hahaha wrote:
your old mans a drunk and old lady a slob you a loser
I shouldn't reply to your ignorance as everyone tells me to consider the source.

My Father has an average of 6 beers a year. He has had less the last few so that average most likely decreased. My father was a Union spokesperson. He was a devote Catholic until moving to Fitchburg. he attempted to attend Sunday mass as he walked to the local church only to find it closed, he went to a second one and it was closed and then was directed to a third that held mass across the city.

My father worked always, he served in the military. He put his three sons through Catholic elementary and High schools. My younger brother went to BC High. I went to Catholic Memorial. And my older brother went to Cambridge Catholic and then to Cathedral high school.

My Father always taught us to respect others. My Father never drank much alcohol as I mentioned on average a full 6 beers in a years time. He was a straight laced old school disciplinarian.

My Mother was always well liked by the entire community. All my friends looked at her as a second Mother. She was always respected. She donated her time to Church and schools. She work in constituent services under Mayor Flynn. She is very intelligent. She always does for others before herself.

My Father is 76 yrs of age. My Mother is younger but is disabled as she has osteoarthritis in her knees and has had congestive heart failure.

I cannot help but to reply to your false accusations against my family. You need help, seek guidance from a professional or your local pastor as you need prayers as well.
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#345 Jul 31, 2013
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynch, why are on here calling people cowards for not using their real names when you've been on here doing the same thing for years now? Being exposed does not make one brave Lynch. Don't you think you now owe Kaddy a personal apology after trashing him on here? How are you going to work with this man if you get elected Lynch? How are you going to work with any of the people you've been on here trashing?
Hey kaddy, Who do you want as Chief? Kearns? Louney?? Kaddy ,I will challenge you personally if you think that you are going to suggest kearns,your next door neighbor or Louney the crook!
Kaddy, you have been part of this problem in Fitchburg!
DeMoura has been the best thing for Fitchburg so far! He had 32 less cops than your BUDDY TASCA and KEARNS!! And half the crime!!!!
Why you get elected, I will never know as you are the worse manager that this town has ever seen!! You have two flunky businesses that have an average of one customer every three months!
I feel in my heart that members of the FPD were on the take as Heroin dealers were paying them to operate in the city!
Kaddy, where is the $40,000 plus that went missing from the treasury??? Kearns was in charge of that investigation, correct??
Fitchburg has battled you enough to this point and we will not stop. We want a better Fitchburg regardless of your "good ole boy network". Your arrogant cop friends can go F. u. ck themselves!!!!!
It is time for you to leave office and move from Fitchburg!! You have done nothing positive for Fitchburg!!! Go head the FPD Union as for when we take over the mAYORS OFFICE and councilmen positions we will fire the FPD union. No more contracts for the FPD! That is real positive change!
Stamos, I do not recall writing this post. If I had then I will apologize for getting to excited and stating for Mr. Kaddy to move after leaving office. Everything else I agree with and I do not see anything wrong or in need of an apology besides the comment stating for him to move after he leaves office.

I do not agree with Mr. Kaddy on many things; I do agree with him on other things. I am not a follower.

As his constituents told him that they would like to see an outside Chief brought in again. Then he goes on stating the pros and the cons. He states actually no pros but both cons toward a Chief being hired within the FPD. He has seen reality and now we will see if he votes for his constituents wants or if he gives a pressured inside vote.

As he states one con is if they hire an outside Chief then the insiders will be upset. Now he then goes on to state that the negative of an inside Chief is the favoritism that will take place within the FPD and we all know where that has got us.

So, the question is should we hire an outside highly professional Chief that will not manage through favoritism, would be the want of the citizens of Fitchburg and would be positive concerning public safety issues.

Or do we hire an inside Chief that will run a muck and put public safety needs on the shelve?

Stamos, what do you want to see, inside or outside Chief??
Leominster, MA

#346 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I shouldn't reply to your ignorance as everyone tells me to consider the source.
My Father has an average of 6 beers a year. He has had less the last few so that average most likely decreased. My father was a Union spokesperson. He was a devote Catholic until moving to Fitchburg. he attempted to attend Sunday mass as he walked to the local church only to find it closed, he went to a second one and it was closed and then was directed to a third that held mass across the city.
My father worked always, he served in the military. He put his three sons through Catholic elementary and High schools. My younger brother went to BC High. I went to Catholic Memorial. And my older brother went to Cambridge Catholic and then to Cathedral high school.
My Father always taught us to respect others. My Father never drank much alcohol as I mentioned on average a full 6 beers in a years time. He was a straight laced old school disciplinarian.
My Mother was always well liked by the entire community. All my friends looked at her as a second Mother. She was always respected. She donated her time to Church and schools. She work in constituent services under Mayor Flynn. She is very intelligent. She always does for others before herself.
My Father is 76 yrs of age. My Mother is younger but is disabled as she has osteoarthritis in her knees and has had congestive heart failure.
I cannot help but to reply to your false accusations against my family. You need help, seek guidance from a professional or your local pastor as you need prayers as well.
Hi! I'm here to collect.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#347 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Stamos, I do not recall writing this post. If I had then I will apologize for getting to excited and stating for Mr. Kaddy to move after leaving office. Everything else I agree with and I do not see anything wrong or in need of an apology besides the comment stating for him to move after he leaves office.
I do not agree with Mr. Kaddy on many things; I do agree with him on other things. I am not a follower.
As his constituents told him that they would like to see an outside Chief brought in again. Then he goes on stating the pros and the cons. He states actually no pros but both cons toward a Chief being hired within the FPD. He has seen reality and now we will see if he votes for his constituents wants or if he gives a pressured inside vote.
As he states one con is if they hire an outside Chief then the insiders will be upset. Now he then goes on to state that the negative of an inside Chief is the favoritism that will take place within the FPD and we all know where that has got us.
So, the question is should we hire an outside highly professional Chief that will not manage through favoritism, would be the want of the citizens of Fitchburg and would be positive concerning public safety issues.
Or do we hire an inside Chief that will run a muck and put public safety needs on the shelve?
Stamos, what do you want to see, inside or outside Chief??
I'm thinking qualifications are first priority but an internal pick would be most cost effective when considering what it must have cost the city to transport Demoura to and from work over the years. If you recall, his initial intentions were too move into the city when he was first appointed. I'm thinking Kearns would be a good choice but Wong might be thinking otherwise. If she goes external again, then she'll need to weigh those costs of transportation vs. qualifications between any internal or external pick.

So Lynch, why the sudden the flip flopping and change of heart with an internal pick when you had one already picked out for Police Chief during your last campaign? I gave you my inside pick Lynch, who was yours?

"I have been out all day winning votes. Remember if a volunteer happens to knock on your door in reference to my campaign be nice and polite! These guys are volunteers, they have been instructed not to accept any cookies or milk ect.
If you wish to volunteer feel free to come by and we will set you up with flyers and pins ect. And yes, I already have a Fitchburg Police Officerworking for my campaign as If I am elected he will be the next Chief of Police. He is very qualified and by the book.
I am also looking to revamp the entire system as you know. Many patrolmen will be sgts, Lt,s and Captains next yr at this time."
Pierre de Rolis

Forestdale, MA

#348 Aug 2, 2013
This is just priceless, Lynch. you go on the "You Know You're Fitchburg" Facebook page and immediately start to monopolize the conversation with pointless rants about the good old boys, the FPD and the Mayor. Within a few days you have managed to insult other posters, get into arguments and have people calling for the administrator to block your posts. Nice way to make an impression on potential voters. You really don't have a clue, do you? I'm revising my estimate of your vote total to 39. Anyway, although space doesn't allow me to post everything, here are a few gems:

Kevin Lynch Unfortunately a few people are holding onto the past while ignoring the current reality.

Jesica Kirrane I'm sorry... but I can't vote for someone who doesn't have 1. Anything positive to say about the community. 2. Doesn't have all the facts. 3. Has showed no real feasible plan on how to fix problems except to blurt things out that will cause people to rise up. Saying "We need to lower all taxes" without a plan on how, reminds me of middle school student councils campaigns like, "Pizza everyday!" Not going to work, no way to make it happen.

Jesica Kirrane Kevin, at least they had plans. Whether or not you find them successful, is your opinion. But at least there were plans. Not rambling.

Kevin Lynch but it is apage for you Jessica to put my plans down?

Jesica Kirrane No.. you have been spewing the same, word for word, statuses in different forums and you have posted a plan yet, anywhere. And really, I'm not even interested in yours anymore.

Kevin Lynch The good ole boy network has destroyed the fabric of Fitchburg from its favoritism in the planning boards, the license boards to the FPD

Kevin Lynch weraring rose colored glasses is just going to destroy anything good

Eric Baird I agree this is not a political forum. This is a place for history, information and imagery. Marie has worked hard to create this wonderful place. Please don't abuse it with options on how the city should be run. Please take that elsewhere. There are other forums for that. Thanks

Kevin Lynch So what you are stating is that you cannot state any truth out here?
52 minutes ago Like

Kevin Lynch So, you want to control peoples true thoughts and what they say?

Eric Baird That's is not why we post the images. You can like whatever you want, but there are historical reasons for posting that type of stuff. No one is trying to have control, this forum was created for a completely different purpose. It is not a political platform period. Just because there are a lot of people here does not mean it was designed to be a political platform. We are here to discuss history, architecture, and stories of the past that people like to remember. It is really that simple. You really need to stop acting like a child. No one will vote for you. Very unprofessional. You really have a lot to learn about social media.

Kevin Lynch Ok, Eric, I guess someone else was using your name as you posted about politics in Fitchburg

Kevin Lynch I will not state anything political but enough of the criticism of me exclusively, Enough. I am asking for the same respect.

Eric Baird I was posting in the other forum and I rarely do so. However I also contribute to this forum every week with imagery that belongs here.

Kevin Lynch Eric,you have spoken at length on the very subjects that you are chastising me for

Kevin Lynch Be truthful at least

Michelle Feola Where is the ignore button?
37 minutes ago Like

Kevin Lynch I will not talk politics no more.
37 minutes ago Like

Eric Baird Kevin I am done with you. I
Kevin Lynch Eric, You sir need to apology to me for speak...See More

Jesica Kirrane I am interested in the community. I get involved so that I know what's going on. For someone running for a political office I think you should become more informed about the issues. You should also not insult your potential voters. And feel that it is about the community of Fitchburg.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 5 hr Jtn 42
Has Jtn ruined Topix? 12 hr Tammy from Miami 1
Numbers of homeless increase in region 15 hr But 6
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand 19 hr Tim 4
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Fri Karen 67
McKay hosting family barbecue Thu Karen 2
Fitchburg Market Basket workers elated to be back Aug 28 Karen 1
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••