Over a year since the pre-election promise to turn the lights back on

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Dec 9, 2012
Mayor, It is time to turn all the lights back on. There have been many accidents on Water street. Now there is a tragedy where aman has lost his life.
We as a community have been spared from tragedy due to pure luck. Yes there have been many accidents due to dark streets, many near misses and many arguments due to not being able to see pedestrians in the road due to darkness.
We are entering the snow season where sidewalks will be non passable forcing pedestrians into the street.
We all need to be extra careful and to slow down. Most residents obey the traffic laws but there are some who are reckless. Cedar street is a race track where there are many near misses.
Yes, there has been grants to address crosswalks but we must demand that crosswalks patrol are part of the officers daily routine. Set ups are not the way to address this problem as there are many incidents that are real where cars ignore the pedestrians such as Main street.
My heart and prayers go out to all the families affected by the recent tragedy. I can only imagine the pain that these families are dealing with. May God send his guardian angles down upon your families and to help guide you through this healing time.
Livefree

Leominster, MA

#2 Dec 9, 2012
Maybe the city is still waiting for you to get a job and pay some taxes or court fines?
Livefree

Leominster, MA

#4 Dec 9, 2012
Honestly Lynch you post on topix that your street light is to bright but then you want more of them in the city. Does this make any sense? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lancaster gets Big Belly trash compactor - Sent... (Jul '10) 13 min Tammy 8
Storm bad, but it could've been worse 16 min Tammy 5
Cities, towns savoring fuel savings 35 min Tammy 9
Massachusetts town weighs nation's 1st tobacco ban 21 hr Be Serious 40
Oh Kevin for where art thou? 22 hr Jtn 5
At least 6-7 inches of snow in Fitchburg by noon Mon Jtn 1
Lynch for Mayor Jan 25 BillyBob 6

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match