Ex-police Capt. Tasca, Fitchburg sett...

Ex-police Capt. Tasca, Fitchburg settle case

There are 65 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Ex-police Capt. Tasca, Fitchburg settle case. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Former Police Capt. Charles Tasca Wednesday said the city's allegations against him were dropped and a settlement ending his career was reached in which he retains full retirement benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

wongo

Fitchburg, MA

#45 Aug 6, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article AND I have a brain that functions. Any more stupid questions?
Your very imaginative. You should write kiddy books.
Jimmy

Fitchburg, MA

#46 Aug 6, 2010
IDK wrote:
The case ended the way it was intended. The city got what it wanted all along - they wanted him gone. It seemed a roundabout way of doing it, but it got the job done.
If by "The City' you mean the mayor and her puppy then welcome to Communism. Don't forget 'We the People"
Wrong Guy

Westminster, MA

#47 Aug 7, 2010
Jerk wrote:
Tasca was a jerk - he always broke up my college parties in the mid-90s. He would threaten students on a regular basis. He would come looking for parties even if there wasn't any sort of noise complaint or problems. The only time he didn't harass and threaten the students was the night we opened the door with a video camera...all of a sudden, he became reasonable! Go figure!
No Way was Charlie Tasca breaking up college parties in the Mid- 90's.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Marlborough, MA

#48 Aug 10, 2010
Wrong Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No Way was Charlie Tasca breaking up college parties in the Mid- 90's.
Your probably right. By the mid 90's Tasca must have already had himself a very cushy desk jockie job; safely within the walls of the station house; right?

coverup is corruption

Hopkinton, MA

#49 Aug 20, 2010
Unbelievable that the facts of this deal are kept from public viewing!

Tasca stole! Many others in that administration stole!

The Mayor was obligated to turn this case over to the federal investigators; she had no right to make a deal!

The Mayor stated strong facts depicting "criminal behavior" of Tascas actions.

If it is legal for the public to be kept from the truth then why wouldn't ALL cops steal?

There are elements of corruption involved in this case! The law states that the government must fully disclose!

I think that we will see resignations over this Tasca case. If I were the Mayor I would turn over all facts onto the federal government!
Sybil

Winchendon, MA

#50 Aug 23, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
Folks, just remember: just because the allegations against Tasca were dropped it does not necessarilly mean that Tasca was not involved in any wrongdoing.
Wrongdoing cops are typically asked to quietly resign or retire; versus being dragged through an ugly court case.
Didn't we all just read of the two blueboys who suddenly just decided to turn in their badges over in Gardner a copuple of months back? The public was kept in the dark about the real reasons why those two walked away from their jobs; and most likely we will be kept in the dark over what really happened with Tasca.
My strong hunch is that Tasca had his chubby little fingers in a real poopie pie or two; and this was just a convenient way to send him on his way and let him safe face and his cushy retirement package.
Quack,quack, quack,,, waddle, waddle, waddle...(this "poopie pie" nonsense is getting old).

CONGRATULATIONS CHARLIE!!!
If you got it smoke it

Wellesley, MA

#51 Aug 30, 2010
I believe Tasca when he stated that "all of the administration have used matchbook comp time for years"!

So since 1996 all of Fitchburgs Chiefs and Captains have been collectively stealing fake "matchbook" comp time that never existed and was never documented in order for them to accumulate 100% of their issued legal comp time!

OK, all together now; can we say 'FRAUD"!

This could involve close to a million dollars of the tax payers money!!

Where is that MorOn that has been stating that the FBI doesn't investigate "FRAUD" that has been conducted by public employees??

I believe that many present and former members of the FPD will be losing pensions and recieving jail sentences!

Any lawyer will tell you that this case where there was self admitting fraud concerning public funds never ends this quick! "Let's make a deal"!
Swamp Native

Gardner, MA

#52 Aug 30, 2010
It's called Karma! Charlie Tasca dedicated his entire working life to the city of Fitchburg and became a political football for an amateur political team that couldn't even tackle an orange traffic cone. What people fail (or through ignorance) refuse to acknowledge is that Police work 24/7/365. When Tasca was appointed acting Chief of Police he was acting Chief of Police 24/7/365. Tasca grew up in Fitchburg and was community policing long before such term even became a political agenda. I know Charlie Tasca, and anyone else who "really" knows Charlie will never forget his undeniable dedication to this entitlement political swamp known as Fitchburg.

Thank you Charlie, for your many years of service.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#53 Aug 30, 2010
If you got it smoke it wrote:
I believe Tasca when he stated that "all of the administration have used matchbook comp time for years"!
So since 1996 all of Fitchburgs Chiefs and Captains have been collectively stealing fake "matchbook" comp time that never existed and was never documented in order for them to accumulate 100% of their issued legal comp time!
Where is that **** that has been stating that the FBI doesn't investigate "FRAUD" that has been conducted by public employees??
I believe that many present and former members of the FPD will be losing pensions and recieving jail sentences!
Any lawyer will tell you that this case where there was self admitting fraud concerning public funds never ends this quick! "Let's make a deal"!
lemme guess! The glue you've been snortin throughout your youth has finally cured? You're belief system is clearly in need of calibration. You accuse an entire professional organisation of "fraud" because of one comment that just may have been taken out of context. Were you there? What what was really said? And why would you jump to such a conclusion without facts? I believe that you are an inmate. Go back to your cell, write another letter and don't miss the count. Oh! that's right I forgot, you have special entitlement priveleges under our liberal laws.
Ok, go to the mosque, take off your nike's, grab your carpet and pledge allegiance to the Koran... You freakin maroooon...
We miss Kevin

Fitchburg, MA

#55 Aug 30, 2010
If you got it smoke it wrote:
Where is that **** that has been stating that the FBI doesn't investigate "FRAUD" that has been conducted by public employees??
Hey crazy Kevin are you still running for office?
Seriously

Gardner, MA

#56 Aug 30, 2010
Hey what happened Kevin? I thought you had called in the FBI? lol....

Since: Oct 07

Fitchburg, MA

#57 Sep 15, 2010
Seriously wrote:
Hey what happened Kevin? I thought you had called in the FBI? lol....
Shame? Nah he doesn't have any.

If her did call the FBI they probably laughed at him when he tried to tell them there was decades of ingrained fraud in an entire department based on one comment taken out of context.
city Hipocrites

Wellesley, MA

#58 Dec 7, 2010
Why have they agreed not to disclose details of agreements or the facts that made them reach this agreement??

This sounds like and appears on its face to ring of possible corruption!
Gerry Jr

AOL

#59 Dec 7, 2010
city Hipocrites wrote:
Why have they agreed not to disclose details of agreements or the facts that made them reach this agreement??
This sounds like and appears on its face to ring of possible corruption!
Daddy and I love Captain Tasca, he has great cars.
city Hipocrites

Wellesley, MA

#60 Dec 7, 2010
Gerry Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Daddy and I love Captain Tasca, he has great cars.
I heard that he inherited a vette, huh? As all of you drive your nice cars and feel above all the hard working citizens of Fitchburg who have to pay the surcharges from the tickets McNamarra issues! Remember Karma!

You guys really do feel that your cars give you status? I know that Tasca is part of your clique and the Macster. Why don't you hook Mac up with a nice car?

So all you guys get great deals on property, you don't have to pay surcharges because you have people to fix all your tickets. Actually you are not doing too bad,huh?

A lot of toys! Is this why at age 43, you still talk like a fourth grader?
Gerry Jr

AOL

#61 Dec 7, 2010
city Hipocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that he inherited a vette, huh? As all of you drive your nice cars and feel above all the hard working citizens of Fitchburg who have to pay the surcharges from the tickets McNamarra issues! Remember Karma!
You guys really do feel that your cars give you status? I know that Tasca is part of your clique and the Macster. Why don't you hook Mac up with a nice car?
So all you guys get great deals on property, you don't have to pay surcharges because you have people to fix all your tickets. Actually you are not doing too bad,huh?
A lot of toys! Is this why at age 43, you still talk like a fourth grader?
I'm only 28! Is'nt it true you've always been a social wart although you think you're popular?
city Hipocrites

Wellesley, MA

#62 Dec 7, 2010
Gerry Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only 28! Is'nt it true you've always been a social wart although you think you're popular?
28, huh? Well your grandparents and father have made you a great work of art! So it just may be you that parked in the left lane on main street! You are a little brat! So pops impresses you? All his toys impress you? What about dignity? What about respect? What about responsibility? Did anyone in your family teach you these values?

The day I seen you get in and out of your truck on main st when you parked in the Left lane care free, I automatically guessed who you were! No one else in Fitchburg would have should such a blatent,disrespectful attitude for traffic laws.

This is what your parents have created! You have no consequences for your illegal actions as they take care of all your tickets! You need to be held accountable, you little spoiled brat!

Actually, you are not thin, you are a bit husky but not that husky!
Gerry Jr

Westminster, MA

#63 Dec 7, 2010
city Hipocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
28, huh? Well your grandparents and father have made you a great work of art! So it just may be you that parked in the left lane on main street! You are a little brat! So pops impresses you? All his toys impress you? What about dignity? What about respect? What about responsibility? Did anyone in your family teach you these values?
The day I seen you get in and out of your truck on main st when you parked in the Left lane care free, I automatically guessed who you were! No one else in Fitchburg would have should such a blatent,disrespectful attitude for traffic laws.
This is what your parents have created! You have no consequences for your illegal actions as they take care of all your tickets! You need to be held accountable, you little spoiled brat!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.....
AAA

Athol, MA

#64 Dec 7, 2010
city Hipocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be hard for you to puch your shopping cart through the streets with everyone breaking the traffic laws
AAA

Athol, MA

#65 Dec 7, 2010
sorry spelling error:

"puch" should be "push your shopping cart"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Lynch, Cop Hater, Liar and Nut 10 hr Terrance 6
News Fitchburg police: Officer fired shots after sus... 10 hr Tell the Truth Kevin 10
Pathetic Troll Life Tue Lolajack 67
Calling all Kevin Lynch stalkers Tue Speak Kevin 12
News Using alternative energy to heat and cool city'... (Feb '08) May 22 Jtn 11
fbi, ethics commission release report on kevin... (Aug '13) May 22 Jerry 12
News Angry seniors lash out at mayor - Sentinel & En... (May '09) May 21 Shovel ready 169
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages