Ex-police Capt. Tasca, Fitchburg settle case

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Former Police Capt. Charles Tasca Wednesday said the city's allegations against him were dropped and a settlement ending his career was reached in which he retains full retirement benefits.

Comments
21 - 40 of 67 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2013
Voter

Bedford, MA

#21 Aug 5, 2010
no choice wrote:
If he could've he would've<quoted text>
It's part of the settlement agreement. The city apologizes, they pay him any/all back wages, he gets his full retirement, and in turn he agrees not to sue the bejesus out of the city. Very common in settlements.
Fitchburger

Northampton, MA

#22 Aug 5, 2010
Most long-time residents knew how this would end. Wong and her Lowell puppet blew it BIG time, and they have made it known through their actions how little they actually care about Fitchburg residents. They were using any excuse to get rid of him, just weeks before he retired, so they wouldn’t have to fork out the retirement money. Now, they have to pay it anyway and pay for legal fees for this little game. Good for you, Charlie! Enjoy your retirement.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Marlborough, MA

#24 Aug 5, 2010
your kidding wrote:
<quoted text>Your are just an idiot with no merit.
What were YOUR credentials again? I must have missed them....
Win for the city

Westminster, MA

#25 Aug 5, 2010
In this case both sides win.

Tasca still gets his full pension retirement, but won't get all that bonus cash for unused sick or vacation time becasue that was part of the problem. He won't sue the city and probably wouldn't have anyway. The city can stop paying him 100k+ a year for a couple years that he would have stayed on. so for 50k, the mayor just saved 250k over the next two years.

I think he got away with one, but it's not the first or last time.
PJB

United States

#26 Aug 5, 2010
Hey the mayor and police chief both got a raise where is mine I thought this all up !
Lowell PD

United States

#27 Aug 5, 2010
Dont you just love him GOOD LUCK !
Reggy Ashby

United States

#28 Aug 5, 2010
I noticed that no one commented on how much money he got for ending the appeal. I bet it was more than he made last year ?
zero

Jackson, NJ

#29 Aug 5, 2010
Zero,nothing
Reggy Ashby wrote:
I noticed that no one commented on how much money he got for ending the appeal. I bet it was more than he made last year ?
City Hall

United States

#30 Aug 5, 2010
Should the police chief now be investigated ? How about the mayor and her involvement in the big dig on boulder drive ?

Since: Oct 07

Fitchburg, MA

#31 Aug 5, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
What were YOUR credentials again? I must have missed them....
Says the pot to the kettle...
say it again

Fitchburg, MA

#32 Aug 5, 2010
City Hall wrote:
Should the police chief now be investigated ? How about the mayor and her involvement in the big dig on boulder drive ?
Good question.
horse sh

Fitchburg, MA

#33 Aug 5, 2010
City Hall wrote:
You must be talking about the nice clean soil shipped in from Lowel years ago
wongo

Fitchburg, MA

#34 Aug 5, 2010
Way to go Charley. The three stooges (mayor,chief, city lawyer) really showed their ineptness. The stooges didn't stan a chance against a real lawyer. They would only embarass themselves. Wongo says it would cost the city to much in resources. Should have thought of that before o great leader. Maybe you can squeeze some more out of the small businesses to fund your next show. Sure hope this is your last term. you got to Love the three stooges. Sure make me laugh.
Unbelievable

Fitchburg, MA

#35 Aug 6, 2010
your kidding wrote:
Funny how DeMoura has nothing to say now. He couldn't say enough a few months ago when they accused Capt. Tasca of wrong doing. Wong thinks she is smarter than everyone. Good for you Capt. Tasca I hope you got a huge settlement.
The stupidity on this forum never ceases to amaze me. DeMoura didn't have much to say a few months ago, during the investigation, as it should be. Tasca got his pension restored, that WAS the settlement, Einstein!

Mission accomplished for the city. Let's go after some more of the do nothing cops in Fitchburg. It's well known in the central mass area that many of the FPD are useless. Too good to work with the drug task force, too good to assist other agencies in need. Demoura is the best thing that's happened for the FPD in YEARS!
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

#36 Aug 6, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupidity on this forum never ceases to amaze me. DeMoura didn't have much to say a few months ago, during the investigation, as it should be. Tasca got his pension restored, that WAS the settlement, Einstein!
Mission accomplished for the city. Let's go after some more of the do nothing cops in Fitchburg. It's well known in the central mass area that many of the FPD are useless. Too good to work with the drug task force, too good to assist other agencies in need. Demoura is the best thing that's happened for the FPD in YEARS!
It is the decision of MANAGEMENT what agencies they work with not the officers and every profession has their slackers and I'm sure your one of them.
Unbelievable

Fitchburg, MA

#37 Aug 6, 2010
your kidding wrote:
<quoted text>It is the decision of MANAGEMENT what agencies they work with not the officers and every profession has their slackers and I'm sure your one of them.
BS! I know this from first hand experience. If it makes you feel better to think I'm a slacker, I'm glad I could help!
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#38 Aug 6, 2010
He was very lucky the City decided to settle instead of filing criminal charges, sounds like they did not want the department to be further humiliated in light of all the other criminal activity that has been revealed within the department.

Thankfully, this chapter is over, and perhaps the department can move on, we as residents certainly deserve better
clean up

Concord, MA

#39 Aug 6, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Chief D, whatever you say. How do you know what the settlement was unless you are in on the settlement or are you talking out your rear?
Unbelievable

Braintree, MA

#41 Aug 6, 2010
clean up wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Chief D, whatever you say. How do you know what the settlement was unless you are in on the settlement or are you talking out your rear?
I read the article AND I have a brain that functions. Any more stupid questions?
local

Englewood, CO

#42 Aug 6, 2010
JIm wrote:
He was very lucky the City decided to settle instead of filing criminal charges, sounds like they did not want the department to be further humiliated in light of all the other criminal activity that has been revealed within the department.
Thankfully, this chapter is over, and perhaps the department can move on, we as residents certainly deserve better
.......do tell jim lets hear the illegal activity???...please any1 enlighten me!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 2 hr Civil Servant Sup... 39
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) 5 hr Karen 67
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand 8 hr Karen 3
McKay hosting family barbecue Thu Karen 2
Fitchburg Market Basket workers elated to be back Thu Karen 1
Students, parents get their first look at Fitch... Aug 26 Karen 2
Numbers of homeless increase in region Aug 26 Karen 5
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••