Ex-police Capt. Tasca, Fitchburg settle case

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Former Police Capt. Charles Tasca Wednesday said the city's allegations against him were dropped and a settlement ending his career was reached in which he retains full retirement benefits.

Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Voter

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Interesting turn of events. Looks llike DeMaura and Wong wasted more resources on a wild goose chase. Good job.
Right over Wong

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Congratulations to Capt Tasca on prevailing.

Once again Wong has cost the city money in settlements that is sorely needed for street lights, police officers, potholes ... the list keeps growing.

For every penny she claims to have saved she has lost a dollar, and the city has lost some fine employees thanks to her heavy hand.

I hope Streb and Gallant have filed wrongful termination cases. It also looks like there is a pattern of age discrimination in who she fires as well as in who she hires. THAT could turn into big bucks out of the city coffers.

She hurts people personally, and she hurts the city with her ruthless and thoughtless actions.
Darn Tootin From W Newton

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Congratulations, Charlie. I know I've said some pretty nasty (and un-"factural") things about you in the past, but I wish nothing but the best for you now. No hard feelings, and enjoy your retirement,(the one you rightfuly deserve). You've been a dedicated public servant!
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

A witch hunt from the very beginning. This was all about age, they wanted him gone because they didn't want to pay his salary. This is the price you pay for loyalty. How much money did the city spend on this, all they had to do was wait a year or 2 until he retires and then not fill the position. Instead they try to make up some bogus charge and drag a good loyal cops name through the mud.
elizabeth

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Glad the city has money to spend or should I say waste. Good for Capt. Tasca. Can't wait to see whats going to get cut next in this great city of ours.
Bobby

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Cap you did nothing wrong. We all know it! Hope the best in your retirement.....
Lucky

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Tasca was very lucky.....
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Lucky wrote:
Tasca was very lucky.....
I would think Dong and her little puppy were the lucky one's, Tasca could have sued their butts off and he would have won.
JFriday

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

"Congrats Charlie" you and the family, "Thank You" for your many years (42) of Dedicated Service! Your excellent efforts have not gone unnoticed by a City, you so ably served!

"Cap" you and the family follow the Sun now! God Prayers for you and your family!

Best,

JFriday
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Funny how DeMoura has nothing to say now. He couldn't say enough a few months ago when they accused Capt. Tasca of wrong doing. Wong thinks she is smarter than everyone. Good for you Capt. Tasca I hope you got a huge settlement.
no choice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

If he could've he would've
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I would think Dong and her little puppy were the lucky one's, Tasca could have sued their butts off and he would have won.
no choice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

He settled for zero dollars, what's that tell ya.....
no choice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

He shamed his family, poor uncle Sam...
Hey

Sudbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

The process by which police are removed is not a regular courtroom type outcome; unless that officer committed a grievous criminal act.

They go to a special arbitration which has different burden of proof. Many people may think that you can just terminate a police officer for cause, but it is very tricky to convince an arbitration system that has a tendency to lean certain ways.

I bet neither party is allowed to speak of the case or its resolution. This article is based off a one-sided shot.
Anthony J Gallo

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

God, I just love unions.
i know stuff

Northbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

AAA wrote:
A witch hunt from the very beginning. This was all about age, they wanted him gone because they didn't want to pay his salary. This is the price you pay for loyalty. How much money did the city spend on this, all they had to do was wait a year or 2 until he retires and then not fill the position. Instead they try to make up some bogus charge and drag a good loyal cops name through the mud.
Age had nothing to do with it. His arrogance, lack of work ethic, and sense of entitlement were the major reasons. As anybody who really knows him and they will tell you that he's bragged for years how he doesn't do ANYTHING!
Match book cover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

This says a lot for tascas method for tracking time owed, let this be a lesson for those who may try too take advantage of the system.
fitchburg sux

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

another crooked cop gets away with another crime. it's getting old.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Holliston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Folks, just remember: just because the allegations against Tasca were dropped it does not necessarilly mean that Tasca was not involved in any wrongdoing.

Wrongdoing cops are typically asked to quietly resign or retire; versus being dragged through an ugly court case.

Didn't we all just read of the two blueboys who suddenly just decided to turn in their badges over in Gardner a copuple of months back? The public was kept in the dark about the real reasons why those two walked away from their jobs; and most likely we will be kept in the dark over what really happened with Tasca.

My strong hunch is that Tasca had his chubby little fingers in a real poopie pie or two; and this was just a convenient way to send him on his way and let him safe face and his cushy retirement package.
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
Folks, just remember: just because the allegations against Tasca were dropped it does not necessarilly mean that Tasca was not involved in any wrongdoing.
Wrongdoing cops are typically asked to quietly resign or retire; versus being dragged through an ugly court case.
Didn't we all just read of the two blueboys who suddenly just decided to turn in their badges over in Gardner a copuple of months back? The public was kept in the dark about the real reasons why those two walked away from their jobs; and most likely we will be kept in the dark over what really happened with Tasca.
My strong hunch is that Tasca had his chubby little fingers in a real poopie pie or two; and this was just a convenient way to send him on his way and let him safe face and his cushy retirement package.
Your are just an idiot with no merit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fitchburg Discussions

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
a holes 3 hr Sonny 6
Party 5 hr Mr greenjeans from gardne 2
Officials investigating two-alarm Fitchburg hou... 5 hr The real Jtn 3
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 6 hr Kundrot dionkie 4,693
boycotting new market basket prices 13 hr tim 22
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... Jul 23 Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' Jul 23 Jtn 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
Fitchburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fitchburg Jobs