Ex-police Capt. Tasca, Fitchburg settle case

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise 67

Former Police Capt. Charles Tasca Wednesday said the city's allegations against him were dropped and a settlement ending his career was reached in which he retains full retirement benefits.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Voter

Bedford, MA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Interesting turn of events. Looks llike DeMaura and Wong wasted more resources on a wild goose chase. Good job.
Right over Wong

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Aug 4, 2010
Congratulations to Capt Tasca on prevailing.

Once again Wong has cost the city money in settlements that is sorely needed for street lights, police officers, potholes ... the list keeps growing.

For every penny she claims to have saved she has lost a dollar, and the city has lost some fine employees thanks to her heavy hand.

I hope Streb and Gallant have filed wrongful termination cases. It also looks like there is a pattern of age discrimination in who she fires as well as in who she hires. THAT could turn into big bucks out of the city coffers.

She hurts people personally, and she hurts the city with her ruthless and thoughtless actions.
Darn Tootin From W Newton

Winchendon, MA

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Congratulations, Charlie. I know I've said some pretty nasty (and un-"factural") things about you in the past, but I wish nothing but the best for you now. No hard feelings, and enjoy your retirement,(the one you rightfuly deserve). You've been a dedicated public servant!
AAA

Athol, MA

#4 Aug 4, 2010
A witch hunt from the very beginning. This was all about age, they wanted him gone because they didn't want to pay his salary. This is the price you pay for loyalty. How much money did the city spend on this, all they had to do was wait a year or 2 until he retires and then not fill the position. Instead they try to make up some bogus charge and drag a good loyal cops name through the mud.
elizabeth

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Aug 4, 2010
Glad the city has money to spend or should I say waste. Good for Capt. Tasca. Can't wait to see whats going to get cut next in this great city of ours.
Bobby

Gardner, MA

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Cap you did nothing wrong. We all know it! Hope the best in your retirement.....
Lucky

AOL

#7 Aug 4, 2010
Tasca was very lucky.....
AAA

Athol, MA

#8 Aug 4, 2010
Lucky wrote:
Tasca was very lucky.....
I would think Dong and her little puppy were the lucky one's, Tasca could have sued their butts off and he would have won.
JFriday

Chicopee, MA

#9 Aug 4, 2010
"Congrats Charlie" you and the family, "Thank You" for your many years (42) of Dedicated Service! Your excellent efforts have not gone unnoticed by a City, you so ably served!

"Cap" you and the family follow the Sun now! God Prayers for you and your family!

Best,

JFriday
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Aug 4, 2010
Funny how DeMoura has nothing to say now. He couldn't say enough a few months ago when they accused Capt. Tasca of wrong doing. Wong thinks she is smarter than everyone. Good for you Capt. Tasca I hope you got a huge settlement.
no choice

Freeland, MD

#11 Aug 4, 2010
If he could've he would've
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I would think Dong and her little puppy were the lucky one's, Tasca could have sued their butts off and he would have won.
no choice

Freeland, MD

#12 Aug 4, 2010
He settled for zero dollars, what's that tell ya.....
no choice

Freeland, MD

#13 Aug 4, 2010
He shamed his family, poor uncle Sam...
Hey

Concord, MA

#14 Aug 4, 2010
The process by which police are removed is not a regular courtroom type outcome; unless that officer committed a grievous criminal act.

They go to a special arbitration which has different burden of proof. Many people may think that you can just terminate a police officer for cause, but it is very tricky to convince an arbitration system that has a tendency to lean certain ways.

I bet neither party is allowed to speak of the case or its resolution. This article is based off a one-sided shot.
Anthony J Gallo

Marlborough, MA

#15 Aug 5, 2010
God, I just love unions.
i know stuff

Springfield, MA

#16 Aug 5, 2010
AAA wrote:
A witch hunt from the very beginning. This was all about age, they wanted him gone because they didn't want to pay his salary. This is the price you pay for loyalty. How much money did the city spend on this, all they had to do was wait a year or 2 until he retires and then not fill the position. Instead they try to make up some bogus charge and drag a good loyal cops name through the mud.
Age had nothing to do with it. His arrogance, lack of work ethic, and sense of entitlement were the major reasons. As anybody who really knows him and they will tell you that he's bragged for years how he doesn't do ANYTHING!
Match book cover

AOL

#17 Aug 5, 2010
This says a lot for tascas method for tracking time owed, let this be a lesson for those who may try too take advantage of the system.
fitchburg sux

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Aug 5, 2010
another crooked cop gets away with another crime. it's getting old.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Marlborough, MA

#19 Aug 5, 2010
Folks, just remember: just because the allegations against Tasca were dropped it does not necessarilly mean that Tasca was not involved in any wrongdoing.

Wrongdoing cops are typically asked to quietly resign or retire; versus being dragged through an ugly court case.

Didn't we all just read of the two blueboys who suddenly just decided to turn in their badges over in Gardner a copuple of months back? The public was kept in the dark about the real reasons why those two walked away from their jobs; and most likely we will be kept in the dark over what really happened with Tasca.

My strong hunch is that Tasca had his chubby little fingers in a real poopie pie or two; and this was just a convenient way to send him on his way and let him safe face and his cushy retirement package.
your kidding

Fitchburg, MA

#20 Aug 5, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
Folks, just remember: just because the allegations against Tasca were dropped it does not necessarilly mean that Tasca was not involved in any wrongdoing.
Wrongdoing cops are typically asked to quietly resign or retire; versus being dragged through an ugly court case.
Didn't we all just read of the two blueboys who suddenly just decided to turn in their badges over in Gardner a copuple of months back? The public was kept in the dark about the real reasons why those two walked away from their jobs; and most likely we will be kept in the dark over what really happened with Tasca.
My strong hunch is that Tasca had his chubby little fingers in a real poopie pie or two; and this was just a convenient way to send him on his way and let him safe face and his cushy retirement package.
Your are just an idiot with no merit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Upcoming Lynch Committment (Jan '14) 2 hr Karen 99
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 7 hr Karen 43
Man shot in chest in Fitchburg early Friday mor... (Jul '13) Fri Jack Mehoffer 21
Fitchburg man accused in assault (Jun '12) Fri Ben from da Burg 4
Jtn jumps off brige Fri Jtn 1
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED Thu BillyBob 93
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) Thu BillyBob 18

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:38 am PST