South Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Just Facts wrote:
Whoever this holy roller is, they succeeded in jarring something in Lynch that has him doing another meltdown right in front of us all.
I can say that everything I've ever learned about Christ always brought me to the conclusion that we are supposed to work at bringing people closer to God, not do as this "born again" person has done.
It is interesting that places within the Bible address the "self-righteous" and condemn them for their acts. I would suspect that the holy roller has an answer for that, but he/she is just fooling themselves.
Religious Scholars study the Bible with concerted effort because it was written in a time where society was very different, and much of it cannot be interpreted directly into our society as it is now. Holy Rollers are led to believe they have all the answers, but we know that are just fooling themselves with that "born again" stuff.
Born Again Christians will use their religious zeal to make you believe they are better people than they really are...it is just a smoke screen.
I agree with you 200%, very well said
Mother Theresa

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I had intense debate with this Born Again Christian. He told me that a man who brutally rapes women for 20 straight years and murders ten of them is going to heaven because he became Born Again before he died. But my mother is still going to burning hell because she was a Catholic.
Well if God is this way then I choose hell, Thanks! I'll go off hand and hand with my mother into burning hell if those are the rules. But they are not the rules, they are the way you interpret the rules.
The Bible is written in Hebrew. Parts of your bible were found in seperate areas of the world and put together. I say live well, treat others well and be happy. Help your fellow human beings.
God reads your heart! Under your scenario mother theresa is in burning hell! I don't think so!
Matter of fact under your scenario the 20 yr rapist is in heaven and Mother Theresa who dedicated her life to helping the worlds poor is in hell. Really???
You are a fanatic. Live your own life and leave Mother Theresa and my mother alone!
No one said anything about Mother Theresa or your Mother going to hell. I am quite sure that Mother Theresa has a relationship with God. I do not know about your mother, having never met her.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Mother Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said anything about Mother Theresa or your Mother going to hell. I am quite sure that Mother Theresa has a relationship with God. I do not know about your mother, having never met her.
So, you really do believe that you can pass judgment on others? You really are self righteous. The bible states over and over that you as a follower CANNOT pass any judgment of others!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother can be Catholic and born-again, so I do not understand why anyone would have said such a thing. I know plenty of born-again Catholics. And I have NEVER met any Born-Again Christians spewing hate unless you are talking about the whack job, Fred Phelps, but he represents very few people.
"Born again Catholics?" I believe that you are mistaken as I never heard of this one. Maybe the Church is changing its advertising and marketing schemes again.

Not Fred Phelps but the evangilists! Born again Chrisitians believe that the Catholic Church as pagonists because they pray in front of statutes. Statutes and stain glass images are utilized by the Catholic Church as reminders/symbols of the holy word. Protestants and Catholics do not have the same exact Bible.

I was a devout catholic. I was an alter boy for the arch bishop and the cardinals when they visited our church. I was commonly a choice made by many parishoners to be the alter boy at their families funeral services. I went on retreats at the seminary(s).
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

to Lunch or Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
A person must be Born-again to enter the kingdom of heaven. A person can do that right before they die and they can repent for their sins. You mom might not go to hell for being Catholic if she has a relationship with God and has repented for her sins and the improper way in which she raised her children.
"Improper way in which she raised her children?"Both of my parents did a great job with all their kids. They taught us well; we were known as very respectful kids throughout the neighborhood.

Any mistakes or wrong directions that any of us kids took were our choice. My parents always taught us the right thing to do in life.

I can remember my father as he was a very devout catholic. As kids we had to dress up for church. And while we were in church we had to sing with the congregation. If we didn't my father address us to do so immediately. We knew all the prayers by heart and all the songs. When we got old enough we joined the church choir.

My grandfather was the Gate of Heaven churchs volunteer as he did it all. My father put us all through catholic schools right through highschool.

Any mistakes that I made in life, I own and not my parents.
canuread

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you really do believe that you can pass judgment on others? You really are self righteous. The bible states over and over that you as a follower CANNOT pass any judgment of others!
there was no judgement in that statement. do you have a learning disability?
canuread

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
"Born again Catholics?" I believe that you are mistaken as I never heard of this one. Maybe the Church is changing its advertising and marketing schemes again.
Not Fred Phelps but the evangilists! Born again Chrisitians believe that the Catholic Church as pagonists because they pray in front of statutes. Statutes and stain glass images are utilized by the Catholic Church as reminders/symbols of the holy word. Protestants and Catholics do not have the same exact Bible.
I was a devout catholic. I was an alter boy for the arch bishop and the cardinals when they visited our church. I was commonly a choice made by many parishoners to be the alter boy at their families funeral services. I went on retreats at the seminary(s).
You do not seem to understand the concept of being born again. IT is for all Christians. I have never heard of a particular denomination marketing it, as you put it. Nor have I ever heard of Catholics worshipping statues. Now praying to the saints, I do not agree with because I believe in praying directly to God.
huh

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I write the more I understand your thinking. As some say well the comment in reference to the sunami was not quite meant that way. There were sinners amoung those killed. The event was caused by sin. The victims were mostly ggod people.
So, it is survival here on earth that the Born Again worries about? Is this why they tied that gay kid to the bumper in the midwest and dragged him to death? It is because those born again Christians didn't want to experience Gods judgment through being hit with a deadly storm. I get it now.
So, modern society needs to have an occassional sacrifice?
So being born gay is what? bad luck? Or a sign of someone else sin and actual someone elses punishment? So if I was a heterosexual I am half way to heaven from the get go?
There are straight citizens, homosexual and bi-sexual. So, my mother is straight and has remained married to the same man for 45 years!
My brother is straight and is married with children. Is he in the clear?
I do notice that the loudest Born Again christians are straight/heterosexuals and have always been that way since birth. So, maybe it is testosteron levels? Why don't Christians mandate that baby's recieve testosteron injections if their levels are low at birth? But then will God give reprieve to the adults who never recieved this potion as an infant?
I thought it was a black man who was dragged behind a vehicle, not a gay kid. sounds like you are making stuff up. and what is this testerone junk you are talking about? That does not determine orientation. dysfunctional parenting is the biggest contributing factor. and just who is this head born-again you are talking about? never heard of him. the only church that i know of that has a person at the head, would be the Catholic church.
huh

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lynch Mob wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest sin of all is judgement which self rightous people like you are consistantly guilty of. People like you do nothing but spread hatred and intolorance.
since when do you side with Lynch on anything? I thought the whole idea was to disagree with his statements and then watch him go to pieces.
Lucifer

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

I'm just sitting here in Hell shapening my pitchfork. I can't wait for you know who to arrive he seems like my kinda guy.
Wethegunpeople

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

People. Lets get back on topic. A Leominster police officer is having a hearing today on the issue of his making a statement to a black man. Was that slur a common racist view of residents of Leominster? Common of the Leominster police department? Law enforcement in Massachusetts, New England, and or the good old U.S. of A?
Too funny

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Wethegunpeople wrote:
People. Lets get back on topic. A Leominster police officer is having a hearing today on the issue of his making a statement to a black man. Was that slur a common racist view of residents of Leominster? Common of the Leominster police department? Law enforcement in Massachusetts, New England, and or the good old U.S. of A?
So how do you reconcile your position against the fct that we elected, quite overwhelmingly, a black president who was running against a well respected war vet and US Senator?
Must have been all those racists who voted for Obama?]
Just Facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Well, it is common knowledge that minorities voted for Obama because he is a member of a minority group, not because he has the skills to be our President. Obama has proven he has no clue with each action he has taken and he is a dangerous man to have in that seat.

So I guess you could say that the minority racists did vote for him. Each time anyone says anything about Obama that is negative, even if it is the truth, they are a racist.

It is interesting that hate language only works in one direction, and now common English words are having their meanings changed to make even more of our language off limits.

I would expect that we are looking more foolish to others in the world due to this ridiculous political correctness disease that has taken control of our society. We have working environments that people hate because we are slowly but surely being forced to be other than human beings.

We have laws that control our actions, and now our speech...soon, they will try to control our thoughts.
huh

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Just Facts wrote:
Well, it is common knowledge that minorities voted for Obama because he is a member of a minority group, not because he has the skills to be our President. Obama has proven he has no clue with each action he has taken and he is a dangerous man to have in that seat.
So I guess you could say that the minority racists did vote for him. Each time anyone says anything about Obama that is negative, even if it is the truth, they are a racist.
It is interesting that hate language only works in one direction, and now common English words are having their meanings changed to make even more of our language off limits.
I would expect that we are looking more foolish to others in the world due to this ridiculous political correctness disease that has taken control of our society. We have working environments that people hate because we are slowly but surely being forced to be other than human beings.
We have laws that control our actions, and now our speech...soon, they will try to control our thoughts.
yeah, and we got one person here that makes up deliberate lies about others, that calls names and then cries like a baby if anyone calls him a name and says it violates his civil rights and yet it is HE that goes out of his way to remind everyone he is gay. I do not go around reminding everyone that I have a wife, and that I am straight.
What

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

I disagree with you Just. The Government already has people brain washed. They are in control of the media and commercials tell you how to dress, what car to buy, what phone to buy etc. And the Govt. is making money on all this shit. Read your bills for Christs sake. The Government has fees and taxes on everything. I don't remember buying my cell phones from the Government but they still charge me a fee every month.
What

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Everything the government touches turns bad. Look at the post office, they claim they are broke. I pay most of my bills online but every day when I check the mail the box is full of flyers for stores. I don't like it for two reasons. Number one I'm not a shopper, if I need something I go in and I get out. Number two my wife loves to shop and she reads the sales papers and then will drag me to a store to buy shit we don't need but it's on sale.
Lynch Mob

Windham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

huh wrote:
<quoted text>
since when do you side with Lynch on anything? I thought the whole idea was to disagree with his statements and then watch him go to pieces.
I'm not siding with Lynch at all, this comment was not directed at Lynch, but the Born Again, Self-Rightous hypocritical @-hole who commented about his expertise of the religion and the bible.
Lynch Mob

Windham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

huh wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, Lynch is the biggest hypocrit on this forum. He is the same catagory as the self-rightous nut case. They are both nut cases.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Lynch Mob wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way, Lynch is the biggest hypocrit on this forum. He is the same catagory as the self-rightous nut case. They are both nut cases.
"Nut case"? I am very sane. But I have to admit calling me a nut case is a couple notches down from the usual labels that you wrongfully attempt to attach to me.

I feel the love. I have a feeling by this time next year you will be a supportor for my next Mayoral campaign.
Lynch Mob

Windham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nut case"? I am very sane. But I have to admit calling me a nut case is a couple notches down from the usual labels that you wrongfully attempt to attach to me.
I feel the love. I have a feeling by this time next year you will be a supportor for my next Mayoral campaign.
Support You?to elective office? You can't even vote, remember your a convicted felon, convicted felons can't vote. Thats not a lable thats a fact. What a nutcase!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of122
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Border line ttruth 1 hr IDK 3
Kids get advice on handling bullies - Sentinel ... (Oct '09) 15 hr yow 6
Lincoln street=Jtn 15 hr Karen 1
I love you JTn 16 hr Karen 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Sun Wared Out 1,146
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... Sat The True Story 27
Solicitor: FSU bid to convert arena no good Sat Karen 2
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Worcester County was issued at July 14 at 11:04AM EDT

•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000