Leominster Police Officer fired for r...
John White

Princeton, MA

#21 Jul 18, 2012
Sox fan wrote:
I think Daiske Muzaka was a waste of money. Does that make me a racist?
No, it doesn't make you a recist. However, if you make remarks about his culture or ethnicity, then that could be construed as a "hate" crime and that you might be a bigot. See the difference?
Leominster image

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Jul 18, 2012
John White wrote:
Some people (esp. this guy's nieces that appeared on the TV news) don't get it. Police (by way of contract) are held to "higher" standards - as they should be! Also, racism isn't ONLY displayed by some white people against dark-skinned people. Racism can be displayed amongst different cultures, just as this police office demonstrated! btw: Using "Monday" is equally disturbing as what it stands for. How in the world does this Police officer even "know" about the negative use of the word "Monday"? I would suggest it's because he's a bigot and should be removed as a police officer immediately! He shouldn't be a police officer anywhere!
<quoted text>
He is a bigot as is proven today. They were all happy! Now I have to ask, when he has a suspect in his gun sights and that suspect is black should he feel comfortable or just say a prayer and goodbye to his family.

I agree, the use of this word is known in racist circles and is commonly used. It is deeper than it appears. He worked in a town of over 1,500 prior to coming to Leominster and there were only two black citizens that lived there.

I just cannot believe that they held a press conference! Wow, this is just unbelievable. The Mayor should step down for this days actions. What a shame. My heart goes out to all black citizens as I can state clearly that not all of us whites are "white trash" as we would have not stood for such behavior from a man that we entrust with a gun and a power of arrest that affects your liberty!

Just imagine if an EMT was involved? Todays decision just set Leominster and central mass back 6 decades. Shame on Leominster today! Let them have their racist city! I will boycott this city.
Big Mama

Leominster, MA

#23 Jul 18, 2012
Rainy days and Mondays they always get me down!
Big Mama

Leominster, MA

#24 Jul 18, 2012
For me a Monday is a person of any color who hangs around on a corner, won't get a job and is to lazy to pull their pants all the way up.
John White

Princeton, MA

#25 Jul 18, 2012
Cassandra Mateo wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree my uncle is a great person and they are all just bashing him like its nothing.
Cassandra dear. You need to understand something here. Police officers are held to a higher standard than the public. They sign contracts which state that even in their private lives, they must "conduct" themselves in a way that is above reproach - this includes NOT using racial slurs of any kind. Have you stopped and asked yourself this question: "How is it that my Uncle not only knows what the word "Monday" means, but in turn would use it against a minority?" Doesn't that sound a tat bit suspicious to you? I can tell you this, most people don't even know what the expression "Monday" means (when directed harshly at a minority). And, you claim that your family is from the Dominican Republic. Well, if that's true, why would your uncle not be more sensitive about other minorities? Why would he use such a demeaning word against someone of a different minority. Your family ties are simply obscuring your viewpoint on this topic. But, you're still young. You'll see in time that what I'm saying is for your own benefit. Bigotry should NEVER be tolerated, but esp. from those who enforce the law in this wonderful country!
your kidding

Gardner, MA

#26 Jul 18, 2012
Again do what Larry the perv cop did give him money the case will get dismissed
Big Mama

Leominster, MA

#27 Jul 18, 2012
John White wrote:
<quoted text>
Cassandra dear. You need to understand something here. Police officers are held to a higher standard than the public. They sign contracts which state that even in their private lives, they must "conduct" themselves in a way that is above reproach - this includes NOT using racial slurs of any kind. Have you stopped and asked yourself this question: "How is it that my Uncle not only knows what the word "Monday" means, but in turn would use it against a minority?" Doesn't that sound a tat bit suspicious to you? I can tell you this, most people don't even know what the expression "Monday" means (when directed harshly at a minority). And, you claim that your family is from the Dominican Republic. Well, if that's true, why would your uncle not be more sensitive about other minorities? Why would he use such a demeaning word against someone of a different minority. Your family ties are simply obscuring your viewpoint on this topic. But, you're still young. You'll see in time that what I'm saying is for your own benefit. Bigotry should NEVER be tolerated, but esp. from those who enforce the law in this wonderful country!
Screw you, I think you're a Thursday!
cassandra mateo

Boston, MA

#28 Jul 18, 2012
John White wrote:
<quoted text>
but that's what everyone is not understanding he didn't even know what that was they said it and he was referring to the terms of Garfield that's he hares Monday's.
John White

Princeton, MA

#29 Jul 18, 2012
Big Mama wrote:
<quoted text>Screw you, I think you're a Thursday!
What a shame that this police officer's family can't carry on a reasonable discussion without resorting to such disparaging and off-color remarks. I think the uncle needs to contact all of his family members and tell them to knock it off! Because they aren't doing any good for him. Most people are going to conclude that since the family is a bunch of foul-mouthed, uneducated deliquents, then it must run in the family blood and that the uncle [the Leominster Police Officer] is indeed, a bigot - filled with hate himself.
cassandra mateo

Boston, MA

#30 Jul 18, 2012
Leominster image wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a bigot as is proven today. They were all happy! Now I have to ask, when he has a suspect in his gun sights and that suspect is black should he feel comfortable or just say a prayer and goodbye to his family.
I agree, the use of this word is known in racist circles and is commonly used. It is deeper than it appears. He worked in a town of over 1,500 prior to coming to Leominster and there were only two black citizens that lived there.
I just cannot believe that they held a press conference! Wow, this is just unbelievable. The Mayor should step down for this days actions. What a shame. My heart goes out to all black citizens as I can state clearly that not all of us whites are "white trash" as we would have not stood for such behavior from a man that we entrust with a gun and a power of arrest that affects your liberty!
Just imagine if an EMT was involved? Todays decision just set Leominster and central mass back 6 decades. Shame on Leominster today! Let them have their racist city! I will boycott this city.
Are you kidding you talk like if u know him first of all and u don't know sxxx. How u gonna say he racist with two hispinac neices and a great neice and nephew everyone needs to just get over themselves and find out the truth onstaed if listen to what u want to. Bcuz I hats Monday's! Myself!! They stink to wake up and start the week over.
John White

Princeton, MA

#31 Jul 18, 2012
cassandra mateo wrote:
<quoted text> but that's what everyone is not understanding he didn't even know what that was they said it and he was referring to the terms of Garfield that's he hares Monday's.
Well, I'm sure the truth will come out when your uncle has his hearing. All of us [including me] have to trust that the hearing will be fair and that everyone will be honest in order for a proper judgement to be made.(Unfortunately for your uncle, it doesn't sound too credible that he did not know what that word meant. It sounds to me that he is bending the truth. The reason I say that is because it's not just WHAT he said, it's HOW HE SAID IT.)
Big Mama

Leominster, MA

#32 Jul 18, 2012
The irony is Crawford played Monday for the Sox and they won. He was only playing in NH because he was rehabing a wrist injury. I wouldn't call this a racial slur but rather a cheer for him that he is going back to the big show on MONDAY.
John White

Princeton, MA

#33 Jul 18, 2012
cassandra mateo wrote:
<quoted text> but that's what everyone is not understanding he didn't even know what that was they said it and he was referring to the terms of Garfield that's he hares Monday's.
Dear Cassandra, there's also the suggestion that your Uncle premeditatedly knew the double-meaning of using the phrase, "I hate Mondays"... using it in its most ugly definition when directed at Carl Crawford, but prepared for his own defense by suggesting he was only using it in its more innocent [and common] usage. There are people like that in this world. They think they’re being real crafty, when in reality, most intelligent people can see right through their scheme! So, again, let’s see what the hearing returns on this matter. I wouldn’t hold my breath though, because your Uncle is in very SERIOUS trouble and stands to lose his job because he couldn’t control his emotions. And, that’s a sad commentary that he couldn’t control himself over a silly game of baseball. Some fans really demonstrate the meaning of the abbreviation “fan”– short for “fanatic”.
John White

Princeton, MA

#34 Jul 18, 2012
Big Mama wrote:
The irony is Crawford played Monday for the Sox and they won. He was only playing in NH because he was rehabing a wrist injury. I wouldn't call this a racial slur but rather a cheer for him that he is going back to the big show on MONDAY.
I don't think this "spin" on what happened will count as much as the video and the eye-witnesses to that awful scene.
Police Officers Sister

Boston, MA

#35 Jul 18, 2012
John White wrote:
Some people (esp. this guy's nieces that appeared on the TV news) don't get it. Police (by way of contract) are held to "higher" standards - as they should be! Also, racism isn't ONLY displayed by some white people against dark-skinned people. Racism can be displayed amongst different cultures, just as this police office demonstrated! btw: Using "Monday" is equally disturbing as what it stands for. How in the world does this Police officer even "know" about the negative use of the word "Monday"? I would suggest it's because he's a bigot and should be removed as a police officer immediately! He shouldn't be a police officer anywhere!
<quoted text>
First of all to all you haters my brother never meant anything by it. BY all means hes not racist I have 2 dghtrs that are Spanish & 2 grandchildren that are Spanish & which 2 OF THEM ARE HIS GODCHILDREN. So I'm not sure what everyone is getting over rated for you can bash his name & do the walk but his pride will always be there.& for all that don't know his family we are a very close family.. & we stick together especially times like this. So everyone needs to grow up & think of what you do. I understand that there's high standards but the slur wasn't racial & further more ive been to lots of games there's many fans say worse. So again my point to whoever is its freedom of speech. & to you John white my dghtrs are very intelligent that's why they drove an hour to speak their mind.
Police Officers Sister

Boston, MA

#36 Jul 18, 2012
Leominster image wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR a Bigot nothing was Provence today so back up & think of yourself what you do @ a game
John White

Princeton, MA

#37 Jul 18, 2012
Police Officers Sister wrote:
<quoted text> First of all to all you haters my brother never meant anything by it. BY all means hes not racist I have 2 dghtrs that are Spanish & 2 grandchildren that are Spanish & which 2 OF THEM ARE HIS GODCHILDREN. So I'm not sure what everyone is getting over rated for you can bash his name & do the walk but his pride will always be there.& for all that don't know his family we are a very close family.. & we stick together especially times like this. So everyone needs to grow up & think of what you do. I understand that there's high standards but the slur wasn't racial & further more ive been to lots of games there's many fans say worse. So again my point to whoever is its freedom of speech. & to you John white my dghtrs are very intelligent that's why they drove an hour to speak their mind.
Sweetie, it's nice that you're defending your brother. But, all that I'm interested in is the facts. Did he or did he not use a racial slur against Carl Crawford. If he did, he can get fired from the Leominster Police Department! And, you don't seem to understand something here and I don't believe you are teaching your daughters anything helpful here when you say "Its freedom of speech". First of all, "freedom of speech" doesn't give anyone the right to say just anything - do you understand that? Have you not heard of hate crimes? Have you not heard of the laws against using verbal abuse [bullying] on the internet? You should be using this as a "teachable moment" to your kids to show them that you need to be careful WHAT you say to people! Instead, you and your family seem to want to defend your brother for his improper conduct. Your brother signed a contract that said in his personal life, he will live up to an honorable level of conduct. So, I would ask that you STOP twisting things making it sound as though everyone is against or ganging up against your brother. I'm sure he has many fine attributes. However, his conduct may have revealed to everyone around him [including his family if they would just take a step back] that he has some traits that are not all that desirable, esp. for the office of Policeman.
Whiteman

Fitchburg, MA

#38 Jul 18, 2012
It was painful to see that these two young Dominican girls ,that were holding signs had to have had grownups to drive them to the protest. This appears to make the situation worse through this exploitation of the Dominican race("the I have black family members defense")

Then to have other cops come on here and state "you are white trash" which is a very common KKK statement!

When people call for equality, the violators of civil rights come out from their KKK/ gunclub meeting.
John White

Princeton, MA

#39 Jul 18, 2012
Here's what going to happen at the hearing. The video will be played. A statement from Carl Crawford will be read - as I doubt he'll appear in person (but, it would be good if he did show up). The police officer accused of using a racial slur will be given the opportunity to speak for himself. Witnesses will have their opportunity to speak, as well, including any previous occurences of that term that did NOT make it into the local news. If the Witnesses to these expressions provide convincing proof that this officer used this term before and was using it again with the intent that it would be taken as a racial slur by Carl Crawford, he could be in VERY SERIOUS trouble and stands to lose his job. Let this stand as a warning to all of us: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. Better yet, try to understand why you would say such a dispicable thing and root it out of your heart and mind. We must all set a good example of being civil to each other!
Whiteman

Fitchburg, MA

#40 Jul 18, 2012
Police Officers Sister wrote:
<quoted text> YOUR a Bigot nothing was Provence today so back up & think of yourself what you do @ a game
HUH? An ethnic joke is not appropiate but a directed slur is a violation of someones civil rights.
An EMT,Firefighter and Officer must be held strictly accountable for such hated spoken thought. Peoples lives and liberty depend on it.

In Leominster and around the state African Americans are polluted and offended. I totally understand why. These African Americans are police, city officials ,managers, lawyers, judges and so. They see today as a set back to the civil rights movement and all of its accomplishments. They wonder, am I going to get treated less than my white co-worker when it comes time for promotions? And many of them are a bit more afraid today that there are still officers on duty that could take their life and/or liberty away just because of that officers has a hatred for their color of their skin.

Many racist people in history will exploit and state as a defense; "I have black nieces,nephews,neighbors and co-workers so I cannot be racist". This is not true as a racist could have all those things and relations as history has shown.

There is no color divide as everyone is the same! And everyone should be treated equal, period with no exceptions. Your uncle needs to work on his civility skills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turtleboy Sports Meeting 17 hr Helpful Hint 2
News Domino's Pizza will open on Fitchurg's Water St... 19 hr Voter in 5 8
Colorado Crapper Caper Sat Who Does This And... 4
Tony Clune Thu Andy 4
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Sep 21 Voter in 5 478
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) Sep 20 Jomminy Crickets 83
Another Monday Has Come And Gone Sep 18 Greg Marmalard 41

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance