Just say no to treatment center

Fitchburg's Zoning Board of Appeals unanimously denied a request earlier this week to let a doctor open a primary care medical facility that specializes in addiction after about 30 residents spoke out against ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fitchburg resident

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Jan 16, 2008
I can believe the people of this town, we have a big drug problem in town and a bigger one with alcohol, READ THE PAPER AND LOOK AT ALL THE DUI ARRESTS IN THIS TOWN!!!!! If this doctor isn't doing the right thing I doubt that he would have 17 other clinics around the State. Let's be real the problem is that the clinic is going to be close to a school that is for the rich in town and guess what? they are the one that have more problems with drugs and alcohol. You want to get rid of addicts, help them but not just with clinic give them community support. Nobody is except to fall is this terrible disease. STOP BEING IGNORANT AND RACIST!!!!!
Fitchburg Native

Plainville, CT

#23 Jan 16, 2008
Fitch resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would hope that a business would open shop to m ake a profit or else they wouldnt be a good business. You still are not stating all the facts about what treatment this clinic provides. You are being unfair in the way you are categorizing this clinic and what they do. As I said before learn the facts about how they treat a patient and then speak. An addict doesnt come into this clinic, get prescribed a miracle drug and then get sent on their merry way. Their individual situation is looked at and then they are treated with a combination or counseling, therapy, and medicine. You are making this doctor sound like a crook looking for a quick buck when he is anything but and if you did more research you would figure that out on your own.
What part of the facts do you not understand? This Dr. might be a saint and his treatment may turn out to be a success but it still has not been FDA proven as a safe and effective treatment. His practice belongs in a secure medical environment and not in a ranch house on Summer street. Has it ever occured to you why they have bars on the windows at the meth clinic on Airport road? If he opened up shop at Burbank or any other medical clinic this would never have been an issue.
Fitch Resident

United States

#24 Jan 18, 2008
Fitchburg Native wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the facts do you not understand? This Dr. might be a saint and his treatment may turn out to be a success but it still has not been FDA proven as a safe and effective treatment. His practice belongs in a secure medical environment and not in a ranch house on Summer street. Has it ever occured to you why they have bars on the windows at the meth clinic on Airport road? If he opened up shop at Burbank or any other medical clinic this would never have been an issue.
I understand why they have bars on the windows at the meth clinic on airport road. For the 50th time, this is NOT a meth clinic. I personally feel that the location is not a factor, and I live within 3 miles from the location. I feel that the bar across the street is more of a danger to the school children, as a drunk could leave there and plow through a sea of kids walking near the school. I feel that the people seeking treatment at this place will be legitimately looking to get better, not just get high, therefore they pose almost no risk to litter the neighborhood. I wish more people would look at the facts and see this point of view.
Tran can

Fitchburg, MA

#25 Jul 6, 2013
maybe after Wongs failed "excessive housing for FSU students" the empty buildings can be transformed into centers for drug addiction. Lets ignore this need though; that's right no need for rehabs as there are no drugs in Fitchburg. Say this a 1000 times and the facts will not change!

Listen to Tran as he doesn't even want handicap facilities in Fitchburg
American

Gardner, MA

#26 Jul 6, 2013
Old news, move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Upcoming Lynch Committment (Jan '14) 3 hr Ben from da Burg 96
Man shot in chest in Fitchburg early Friday mor... (Jul '13) 4 hr Jack Mehoffer 21
Fitchburg man accused in assault (Jun '12) 8 hr Ben from da Burg 4
Jtn jumps off brige 11 hr Jtn 1
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED Thu BillyBob 93
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) Thu BillyBob 18
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... Thu Citizen X 40

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info