Ashby store clerk refuses to cash in on customer's misfortune - Sen...

What would you do if you found $1,000 in cash in an unmarked envelope? Would you pay the electric bill and some credit cards? Buy new work clothes or an iPhone? Cheryl Hudson doesn't have to question her ethics. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Princeton, MA

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Such a good person. I hope good things come to her.
Jake

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Class Act
Cheryl is a role model
peanut gallery

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jul 1, 2010
Cheryl;

It's sad that this act is so noteworthy these days, but thank you for being you.
fitchburg

Clinton, MA

#5 Jul 1, 2010
Remember acts of goodness will rub off onto others !
lost

Cambridge, MA

#6 Jul 1, 2010
I am so happy that there are people that show acts of kindness. I wish more people were like that. I lost my camera at Dennys in Leominster and someone took it. I am happy that there are people that are role models and kind out there!
Shaking My Head

Ashburnham, MA

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Cheryl: Thank you for showing honor, thoughtfulness, and restraint.

What a great example of decency! You'll get it back, one hundred times over!

Since: Feb 09

Lunenburg

#8 Jul 1, 2010
good for her. glad to hear there are still straight shooters out there.
snookie

Leominster, MA

#9 Jul 1, 2010
Hey, I lost a thousand dollars in that store too!
awesome

Worcester, MA

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Nice lady,,,, she will be repaid a hundred times over.... nice to see a nice story for a change
For once something good

Fitchburg, MA

#11 Jul 1, 2010
That's Ashby for ya...
Nancy from Keene

Keene, NH

#14 Jul 1, 2010
Cheryl - this was just the thing to do. This is why I wish to move to the Ashby/Townsend area. It's the people that live there!
Dan Munroe

United States

#15 Jul 1, 2010
I am glad to hear this worked out for the best. Kristen is my sister in law and losing a chunk of $ like that would be devastating.
Helen

Concord, MA

#16 Jul 1, 2010
How refreshing to hear a good news story! There are lots of good people doing good things. We all need to hear more about these fine folks.
Shaking My Head

Ashburnham, MA

#17 Jul 2, 2010
Dan Munroe wrote:
I am glad to hear this worked out for the best. Kristen is my sister in law and losing a chunk of $ like that would be devastating.
And that is what Cheryl knew instinctively when she returned that money. She probably put herself in the rightful owner's place and could empathize about the lose of that kind of cash.

Cheryl must be a well-developed, mature person. Again, Brava Cheryl!
Shaking My Head

Ashburnham, MA

#18 Jul 2, 2010
Carol Southworth LCU wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should eat at better establishments. Denny's doesn't really sell food, or should I say, real food isn't sold at Denny's. You get what you pay for, Honey!
What a mean, judgmental remark. Carol, it's a free country, and people can and will eat where they want. Why did you feel the need to put her down, pass judgment on her, and then patronize her with the term, "Honey."

Do you work at LCU?
FHS Mom

Townsend, MA

#19 Jul 2, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
<quoted text>
What a mean, judgmental remark. Carol, it's a free country, and people can and will eat where they want. Why did you feel the need to put her down, pass judgment on her, and then patronize her with the term, "Honey."
Do you work at LCU?
I agree 100% what is the difference where she lost her camera,who ever found it should have returned it.It shouldnt matter if it was lost at the frigin salvation army.
heatmiser

Medford, MA

#21 Jul 2, 2010
Good Karma for Cheryl..But what a joke.I'm sure Cheryl didnt do it for a reward.But seriously...she returns $1000 to you.And all you gave her was $40.Thats pathetic..I'm sorry.You could of had nothing and lost $1000.Show some respect at least give her $100.Its people like this lady that lost the money.The reason why I would'nt return it.I would of gave you back the $40 because obviously you need it more.Say what you want about my comment,I don't care.I have returned money to people in the pass and got nothing in return.Do I need to get something? No I don't a simple thank you is good enough.Its the principal of the matter thats all.Some of you might remember and some of you won't.But about 10yrs ago 2kids found $2,000.They returned all of it to the guy that lost it.Do you know what he gave them ?$1......not each but $1 to split.The town was so disgusted with the guy they all took up a collecting to give the kids.Not thats a dirtbag.To the person that lost the $$.Go give Cheryl another $60.Or maybe even buy her some scratch tckets.She got Karma on her side this week.
A non mouse

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Jul 2, 2010
Great Story all around.
She didn't have to say she found it, and the other person didn't have to give her a reward!!
Ignore the people who need something to complain about, It's a great, uplifting story no matter what.
Do good with what you know and have. In the end, you won't feel relief from doing evil, but you will find comfort in doing good. And don't think it's not seen, felt or appreciated...
Shaking My Head

Ashburnham, MA

#23 Jul 2, 2010
A non mouse wrote:
Great Story all around.
She didn't have to say she found it, and the other person didn't have to give her a reward!!
Ignore the people who need something to complain about, It's a great, uplifting story no matter what.
Do good with what you know and have. In the end, you won't feel relief from doing evil, but you will find comfort in doing good. And don't think it's not seen, felt or appreciated...
Amen. Amen. Amen.
the truth

Gardner, MA

#24 Jul 2, 2010
Cheryl, if more people in this world put honesty and integrity ahead of personal gain, like you, then this countries crumbling morals we witness on a daily basis would be transformed.
God bless you for being a person with moral character.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GoLocalWorcester | News | Fitchburg Police Offi... 2 hr BillyBob 85
Mr greenjeans 13 hr Jtn 1
Leominster Police: Pepper shaker thrown during ... (Nov '08) 21 hr The Kernal 56
Cheers for Phil Kearns, deputy chief and plenty... Sat Jtn 6
names of drug dealers in fitchburg (May '13) Sat Tammy 30
I am contemplating to run for Mayor of Fitchbur... Fri Insider 192
Where is Kevin Lynch? Fri Rambo 2 62

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]