2 dead in Fitchburg shooting - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 20 comments on the Sep 6, 2009, Sentinel & Enterprise story titled 2 dead in Fitchburg shooting - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Two teenagers are dead, and several people were injured, following a shooting early Sunday morning in Fitchburg, according to Timothy Connolly, spokesman for Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Anom

Gardner, MA

#28 Sep 7, 2009
Life Inprison wrote:
They are all just SAVAGES. No different than any jungle animals. All liquored up, sitting around the house listening to banging bass, rubbing up against one another. Dirty, filthy, hate-filled, soulless SAVAGES. And once the cage door was opened, the animals shoot from their cave. How we feeling the last 24 hours? Did you love the freedom you just lost? Are you ready for some 4:30am parties in prison? Every day, for the rest of your life? New boyfriends. Maybe a husband. Right were the animal belongs. In a cage, going to the bathroom in front of another man. Every day. Forever!
Lets see how tough these so called "bad boys" really are when they meet some of these hardcore prison inmates lol. Will be crying for mommy like little babies. And low and behold they will not have a knife or gun to defend themselves when they get the crap kicked out of them.
First Leominster Resident

Leominster, MA

#29 Sep 7, 2009
Go to Boston.com ...enter shooting in Fitchburg 2 dead...the sad story is there.
its getting worse

Princeton, MA

#30 Sep 7, 2009
The crime in Fitchburg is definately getting worse. It makes me sick to think that cops were laid off but yet our foolish politicians fund a salary at the Senior Center that could easily have kept 2 cops on the force. Gee what's more important to ya? As we watch the crime get worse and worse City Hall is only focusing on making dumb parks downtown and letting bar customers drink outside on the public sidewalk. Maybe we should elect a more experienced mayor next time. I didn't vote her in.
Fed Up in FItchburg

Fitchburg, MA

#31 Sep 7, 2009
Gone are the days when responsibility, pride in ones self, and honest family values were the building blocks of ones character. Raising a child is more than housing it and feeding it. It is teaching the child about respect. Respect for him or herself, respect for others and respect for the rule of law.

Too many parents aren't involved in the lives of their children and supervision goes down the toilet. It's a shame. And while the death of these two teens are a tragedy and my heart goes out for the parents, I fear incidents like this one will only continue to grow until parents step up and demand more respect and compliance with "House Rules" (in by 10 on school night etc.) But I am not holding my breath.
rip pedro and nelson

Fitchburg, MA

#32 Sep 7, 2009
i find it real stupid for all you people to leave stupid comments. who cares about names that aint common like rob mike pete john. ronny is innocent he shouldnt be qoinq down for no attempt murder its called self-defense how will you react seeinq your little brother qettinq shot and a qood friend beinq killed. they were attacked and i dont see why ronny is beinq charqed. and for all you iqnorant people who say bad about fitchburg qet over it and climb a bridqe and jump off cause im sure your town isnt perfect. if fitchburg is the town known as guns and drugs im sure you town is known as sex offenders and racial slurs. but my condolences qoes out to pedro and nelsons family and ronny hanq in there.
jtn

Framingham, MA

#33 Sep 7, 2009
Elvis wrote:
Oh, and to the sentinelandenterprize.com , it's not "breaking news" if it happened more than 24 hours ago. One of the biggest news stories of the year around here but no, let's have a story about Antonioni (sp) advising college kids to go down town. We also need more front page stories about people playing darts. Finger on the pulse. Can you say "amateur hour"? I guess the paper is a good metaphor for the city, run down, one step behind, and I'm sure out of money.
antonucci has to have his picture everywhere,small mans disease
Moe Moe

Concord, MA

#34 Sep 7, 2009
Welcome to Fitch-bury everyone!
Fed Up in FItchburg

Fitchburg, MA

#35 Sep 7, 2009
rip pedro and nelson... You sound like a witness. If you say ronny was defending himself, why would he be arrested and charged? If you have different info, then I would urge you to come forward and share it with PD. If you however weren't there...I would leave the investigation to the professionals
sick of punks

Peabody, MA

#36 Sep 7, 2009
Lol wrote:
Fitchburg is actually not that bad compared to other cities. Go out and explore, maybe everyone will stop talking so much trash and realize this is a everyday thing around the whole world. It goes for every race too! </p>
To "Habib Hector pablo juan".. Sometimes innocent people do get killed. You prob. would not know because you stay in your little perfect bubble of yours.
(I' am not trying to say these boys are or not, idk but I'am just saying in general)
RIP Nelson && Pedro Luis
Stay strong Ronny.
In this case there were no innocent people. All the punks involved in this mess in turdville had a part in it. If they were "innocent" they wouldn't have been there. They are all useless turds, sleep all freaking day while the taxpayers who support them are out working, and start "partying"( just a term for consuming large quantities of dope and cheap booze), as soon as the sun sets. It seems that every "party" in the "HISPANIC" community ends up in some freaking fight or gang war! W T F !!!
reply

Fitchburg, MA

#37 Sep 7, 2009
rip pedro and nelson wrote:
i find it real stupid for all you people to leave stupid comments. who cares about names that aint common like rob mike pete john. ronny is innocent he shouldnt be qoinq down for no attempt murder its called self-defense how will you react seeinq your little brother qettinq shot and a qood friend beinq killed. they were attacked and i dont see why ronny is beinq charqed. and for all you iqnorant people who say bad about fitchburg qet over it and climb a bridqe and jump off cause im sure your town isnt perfect. if fitchburg is the town known as guns and drugs im sure you town is known as **** offenders and racial slurs. but my condolences qoes out to pedro and nelsons family and ronny hanq in there.
just like i said, here is the first defender of the scumbags,,always innocent,taking the heat for what someone else did right? The whole crowd was nothing but dirtbag lowlifes,keep up the good work losers, id like to get things up to at least 10 dirtbags killed every week,,
Dan

Fitchburg, MA

#38 Sep 7, 2009
I'm sure they were all good kids. Probably going to barber school to change their lives. Just like Preston Johnson......He was of course innocent too.
anonymous

Leominster, MA

#39 Sep 7, 2009
u people need to stop talking all dis ****. if u dont know what the hell happened then just leave it alone. let other people deal with that because its none of your business. i know ronny and he is not a criminal. hes was always with his brother and nelson. they all considered themselves brothers. and just because someone murdered his brother and friend doesnt mean hes bad or he had something to do with this, because they were attacked. and ronny was trying to protect himself as well as his brothers. and stop talking about kids being at parties because every single kid goes to a party at least once a week. so just because they were attacked at a party they went to doesnt make them or ronny the reason why all this had happened.
RIP Nelson and Pedro Luis
Hang in there Ronny.
ur innocent and theyll see that.
Try the telegram

Leominster, MA

#40 Sep 7, 2009
http://www.telegram.com/article/20090907/NEWS...
He and other longtime neighbors said Mechanic Street has been a quiet, safe place to live. But since the city extinguished streetlights on Mechanic Street and many other residential streets in March, neighbors say they have noticed an uptick in crime. Thieves broke into Mr. Beatham's home and stole a plasma TV, expensive jewelry and a Sony PlayStation, he said.
“When you have an unsafe town, why the hell would you turn the lights off?” he said.“We need safety first.”
THANKS WONG!
Anom

Gardner, MA

#41 Sep 7, 2009
anonymous wrote:
u people need to stop talking all dis ****. if u dont know what the hell happened then just leave it alone. let other people deal with that because its none of your business. i know ronny and he is not a criminal. hes was always with his brother and nelson. they all considered themselves brothers. and just because someone murdered his brother and friend doesnt mean hes bad or he had something to do with this, because they were attacked. and ronny was trying to protect himself as well as his brothers. and stop talking about kids being at parties because every single kid goes to a party at least once a week. so just because they were attacked at a party they went to doesnt make them or ronny the reason why all this had happened.
RIP Nelson and Pedro Luis
Hang in there Ronny.
ur innocent and theyll see that.
Get in touch with reality you tool. Yes kids party every week, but they do not bring guns and knives to have a good time.If this was the lifestyle these two jabronies chose to live, then be prepared to suffer the consequences.
Lock n Load

Fitchburg, MA

#44 Sep 7, 2009
Breaking News>>>>

National Guard on Patrol in Fitchburg to prevent crime. All guardsmen will be issued several magazines with shoot on site anyone out after the 3AM curfew imposed by Mayoe Wronger and Police Chief Don'tmora.
loser

Fitchburg, MA

#45 Sep 7, 2009
sick of punks wrote:
<quoted text>In this case there were no innocent people. All the punks involved in this mess in turdville had a part in it. If they were "innocent" they wouldn't have been there. They are all useless turds, sleep all freaking day while the taxpayers who support them are out working, and start "partying"( just a term for consuming large quantities of dope and cheap booze), as soon as the sun sets. It seems that every "party" in the "HISPANIC" community ends up in some freaking fight or gang war!****!!!
Excuse me, but those boys worked hard as much as anyone else did. Being in school, working and playing a sport. Partying on the weekends is a typical teenage thing to do. stop being so ignorent, go to umass amherst cause the party don't stop untill classes starts! seriously it could have been anyone and this race thing is gettin out of hand.
newbie

Belmont, MA

#46 Sep 7, 2009
Breaking news wrote:
The news doesn't stop for a long weekend......except, of course, if you work for the Sentinel.
The entire story, including names of victims, and those under arrest, is being broadcast on NECN. How much information will there be in tomorrow morning's Sentinel?
This paper really is a dinosaur.
I don't know the details, but my sympathy to the families of the victims.
Read today's telegram....it is all in there...
Reality Check

Concord, MA

#48 Sep 7, 2009
anonymous wrote:
u people need to stop talking all dis ****. if u dont know what the hell happened then just leave it alone. let other people deal with that because its none of your business. i know ronny and he is not a criminal. hes was always with his brother and nelson. they all considered themselves brothers. and just because someone murdered his brother and friend doesnt mean hes bad or he had something to do with this, because they were attacked. and ronny was trying to protect himself as well as his brothers. and stop talking about kids being at parties because every single kid goes to a party at least once a week. so just because they were attacked at a party they went to doesnt make them or ronny the reason why all this had happened.
RIP Nelson and Pedro Luis
Hang in there Ronny.
ur innocent and theyll see that.
Riighht..."Let other people deal with it because it's none of your business"... People with criminal records and guns and lack of respect for human life. Why let police deal with issues when we can all just shoot each other? There are lots of people in this world who hear this story and assume these kids were all "scumbags", and that may or may not be true... But if friends of these kids continue to respond with hate and violence, isn't that a self-fulfilling prophecy? If you don't want to be labelled, don't be the label. If my best friend were shot today you can bet I'd be mad - angry - furious! But if I allowed revenge to drive my response I'd be no better than the one who killed my friend. Self-defense is one thing, but if you carry an illegal firearm that is not self-defense. That is planned use of the weapon, regardless of the situation. This community is so divided change is almost impossible. Parents, Mayor Wong, police, community leaders, educators, clergy, and citizens all have to work together to create a community that will not tolerate these crimes, and to teach the children from a young age coping skills and de-escalation techniques, not to mention respect for human life. Sounds cliche, but it's gotta start early, and everyone has to be on board. Good luck Fitchburg - you've got a long way to go!
Citizen1

Chicopee, MA

#49 Sep 7, 2009
The first thing the City needs to do is put the Bon Fire of "Anti Social Behavior Out". Since they do not have the proper amount of Police Officers, that is why I mentioned they need the support from the State. Plus the Federal Government, Dept Of Justice,and any other applicable Federal Agency, in extinguishing this Bon Fire.

The City should request emergency financial aid from the Federal Government, if we can give Billions to Gaza, and the UN, etc,etc, surely Fitchburg could get a piece for Street Lights and to hire and maintain Police Officers?

The Federal Government should also send a special Federal Representative,(With Special Federal Powers) to monitor the City in applying this special Federal outlay of emergency Federal Funding. So the funding is not spent on a non essential mandates, and their is proper oversight?

On the National front the 1965 Immigration Law that was changed to make United States more Immigration friendly needs to be changed back to the way it was in my opinion. This law was amended and our former Senator Kennedy was instrumental in changing it. In my opinion since Congress changed the law, they can now send out the extra Federal Funding in dealing with the ramifications of changing the law in my opinion?
jackchill

Templeton, MA

#50 Sep 7, 2009
oh well. two less knife weilding thugs to break into a hard working mans car in the middle of the night. If this man hadn't done what he did, some other fed up citizen would've eventually done the same. No remorse here for the victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Wong not to seek Re-Election 13 min Emile Flournoy 10
Stand behind what you state 5 hr Jtn 2
News Guest Column: No Fergusons in Fitchburg 7 hr lynch 49
News Fighting racism starts with 'dialogue' 7 hr lynch 9
News 'Downton Abbey' visits the Fay Club Fri The Insider 19
News Suspect in attempted murder deemed dangerous Fri dim2389 5
News Ken Ansin: Locally owned eateries help feed are... Thu Anthony 5
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]