Fitchburg Voters Head to Poles
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Sep 28, 2011
As I stated, mr. Solomito ran a very strong campaign! This preliminary has given him a real chance to win! He brought out his vote, as he stated he know has to work on the other voters that will show in November.

Mayor Wong made a mistake by not campaigning at all!

As I have stated I spent a total of six hundred dollars. I had fifteen signs which i held onto as I did not campaign at all but for holding my signs on John Fitch for three days.

Solomito and Wong have had thousands vote for their name in the past. they both have name recognition. Mr. Solomito recieved all the "get out the vote, votes"! He did a great job as well as his campaigners!

I was able to push them both into debating the issues as now they will both have to campaign hard for the job! This preliminary just put both campaigns in a realistic high gear! Solomito got his voters to the polls and Mayor Wong sat back. Mr. Solomito still has a lot of work ahead of him as this is not a sure thing now. I believe the race for Mayor in Fitchburg just hit an awesome position with both candidates in a position to win for real!

I pulled papers in february and was arrested falsely in March. I was then forced to spend a lot of money on attorneys, the car impound fee of $1,500 and more financial losses due to the false arrest.

I decided not to campaign at all early on due to this situation. I did not knock on one door!! Solomito knocked on many! He ran a very energetic campaign.

And the truth be told, his campaign workers at the polls were very polite, energetic and good natured individuals as were all other campaign workers.

I had an electronic bracelet and a curfew until four days before the election due to the FALSE FAKE charges against me!

They tied my hands so that I could not campaign at all! My campaign never got off the ground. All this being said, I enjoyed the experience and I learned a tremendous amount!

Next time I will build a campaign chest that exceeds $20,000 plus and I will go door to door as well as neighborhood to neighborhood campaigning. I will then be able to send postcards to all voters as well as organizing a campaign staff. I had done none of these things!

I got what I put into it 2%! I still encourage all Fitchburg citizens to register and to vote. I will be running another voter registration campaign but I will work harder at this venture also!

3,700 citizens voted which was 18% of registered voters. This means that 16,300 registered voters did not vote!! There are roughly 12,000 eligible voters that are not registered to vote!

So 28,300 eligible Fitchburg voters did not cast their votes! This means that 87% of eligible voters did not vote!
The Insider

Readville, MA

#22 Sep 28, 2011
Lynch: "Next time I will build a campaign chest that exceeds $20,000 plus and I will go door to door as well as neighborhood to neighborhood campaigning. I will then be able to send postcards to all voters as well as organizing a campaign staff. I had done none of these things!"

You can't even afford new shoelaces, hahahahah. Now that is funny!
AAA

Athol, MA

#23 Sep 28, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
As I stated, mr. Solomito ran a very strong campaign! This preliminary has given him a real chance to win! He brought out his vote, as he stated he know has to work on the other voters that will show in November.
As I have stated I spent a total of six hundred dollars. I had fifteen signs which i held onto as I did not campaign at all but for holding my signs on John Fitch for three days.
Solomito and Wong have had thousands vote for their name in the past. they both have name recognition. Mr. Solomito recieved all the "get out the vote, votes"! He did a great job as well as his campaigners!
I was able to push them both into debating the issues as now they will both have to campaign hard for the job! This preliminary just put both campaigns in a realistic high gear! Solomito got his voters to the polls and Mayor Wong sat back. Mr. Solomito still has a lot of work ahead of him as this is not a sure thing now. I believe the race for Mayor in Fitchburg just hit an awesome position with both candidates in a position to win for real!
I pulled papers in february and was arrested falsely in March. I was then forced to spend a lot of money on attorneys, the car impound fee of $1,500 and more financial losses due to the false arrest.
I decided not to campaign at all early on due to this situation. I did not knock on one door!! Solomito knocked on many! He ran a very energetic campaign.
And the truth be told, his campaign workers at the polls were very polite, energetic and good natured individuals as were all other campaign workers.
I had an electronic bracelet and a curfew until four days before the election due to the FALSE FAKE charges against me!
They tied my hands so that I could not campaign at all! My campaign never got off the ground. All this being said, I enjoyed the experience and I learned a tremendous amount!
Next time I will build a campaign chest that exceeds $20,000 plus and I will go door to door as well as neighborhood to neighborhood campaigning. I will then be able to send postcards to all voters as well as organizing a campaign staff. I had done none of these things!
I got what I put into it 2%! I still encourage all Fitchburg citizens to register and to vote. I will be running another voter registration campaign but I will work harder at this venture also!
3,700 citizens voted which was 18% of registered voters. This means that 16,300 registered voters did not vote!! There are roughly 12,000 eligible voters that are not registered to vote!
So 28,300 eligible Fitchburg voters did not cast their votes! This means that 87% of eligible voters did not vote!
All you have is excuses, you didn't campaign because you felt you didn't have to don't blame your ankle braclet. Also Wong didn't have to campaign as hard during the primaries, she's the Mayor, she's already known. Now she has to get to work, you were never a threat to Wong or Solomito. Solomito is the one who had to get his name out, he started early and because he is a self-employed lawyer he could make the time to attend functions and pound the pavemment. Wong still has a city to run, if there was a 3rd canidate that had credibility and posed a threat I'm sure she would have put more effort into the primaries, but you were that 3rd candidate and she felt it wasn't worth the effort or the waste valuable campaign funds. She knows she has turn the heat up and pound the pavement because I'm sure Solomito won't slow down.
AAA

Athol, MA

#24 Sep 28, 2011
Justin Case wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it already. He's out.
I don't think so!
Pot Hole swallows cruiser

Fitchburg, MA

#25 Sep 28, 2011
Never heard about the cruiser tumbling into a sink hole ("gulf") at Falulah and Benson until today's elections articles.... hmmm... guess the city will have to pay for that damage.

I never inquired about reimbursement for a broken axle caused by a pot hole because ultimately... I'm the one that didn't avoid it - in the dark.
The Insider

Readville, MA

#26 Sep 28, 2011
Pot Hole swallows cruiser wrote:
Never heard about the cruiser tumbling into a sink hole ("gulf") at Falulah and Benson until today's elections articles.... hmmm... guess the city will have to pay for that damage.
I never inquired about reimbursement for a broken axle caused by a pot hole because ultimately... I'm the one that didn't avoid it - in the dark.
The city pays for any damage to any of it's equipment or buildings. The city is self-insured. The city does not carry insurance on any of it's vehicles.
Poor Kevin

Westminster, MA

#27 Sep 28, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
I say we throw a benefit dance for Kevin, who's in??

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#28 Sep 28, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent really little money; I did not campaign but for the last four days. I have been battered like you read about! Such is life! The people of Fitchburg are very good natured people! I am happy that I have experienced this fact! I pulled papers in February and was falsely arrested in March!
If I was to grade my effort concerning campaigning, I would state that I had given roughly a 2% effort! So I got out of it what I put into it!!
It wasn't my issues that got voted on it was my poor effort and Joe Solomito's great effort! It is what it is !
I didn't know Joe Solomito before I began to run for Mayor. I gained a lot of respect for Mr. Solomito ! I believe that the voters want to elect Joe Solomito Mayor but they want results if he is elected!
And I want to state honestly and strongly that the Solomito campaign workers were very professional, kind and good natured individuals! I want to state the same for everyones campaign workers! As the results for me were horrible; I received what I put into the campaign!Besides this fact, I am encouraged by what I seen and experienced!
One other thing Mr. Solomito; if elected Mayor, Please concentrate your efforts on making Fitchburg a better and safer place to live as it is worth the effort!! The citizens of Fitchburg are deserving of a better and sfer Fitchburg! Good luck and God Bless!!
Due to this result; we will now see a very detailed campaign from both sides! Both have to fight harder over the next six weeks hich will give the citizens of Fitchburg a better look into each candidate! Mr. Solomito cannot take this win for granted and Mayor Wong now has to talk directly to the citizens of Fitchburg!
As I feel that some of the Solomito supportors are "good ole boy network" members which I am opposed to I would support Mr. Solomito's campaign! One thing Joe; you must recant your idea of getting rid of the local pool! If any issue can ruin your campaign, it is this one! Tell the voters that you have put more thought into this situation as you know feel differently! Do not promise to take away the city pool! Even those citizens that do not use the pool will frown over the concept of taking it away from the kids!
You've been "battered like you read about"?
Yes, you've been battered all right Lynch, you’ve been battered by people who knew better than to waste a vote on someone like you who does nothing but batter and victimize others just to feed his own ego. And now you have the nerve to admit you gave minimal effort in your own pathetic bid for Mayor! Why on earth would you purposely waste other peoples (70+ supporters) time and/or "money" on an endeavor you now admit you gave such little effort towards? Is this your idea of leadership Lynch or was this just a big game for you all long? And what about all those Wong and Solomito supporters who took time out of their day to participate in this Fitchburg taxpayer funded preliminary election that you gave such little effort in Lynch? If you weren’t going to give it your all then why did you waste everyone’s time and force a Mayoral preliminary election?? You see Lynch, once again you have just proven that you are NO DIFFERENT a person today than you were back “then” when you were nothing but a self centered asshole who had no concern and could care less about what effect your own actions have on others. Your admitted lack of effort is nothing but a slap in the face to all your own supporters who actually made the effort to get out and vote on your behalf and for all others who were made to participate. Like I’ve said Lynch, you are nothing but a menace to society who could care less about leaving behind a path of victims.
AAA

Athol, MA

#29 Sep 28, 2011
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>You've been "battered like you read about"?
Yes, you've been battered all right Lynch, you’ve been battered by people who knew better than to waste a vote on someone like you who does nothing but batter and victimize others just to feed his own ego. And now you have the nerve to admit you gave minimal effort in your own pathetic bid for Mayor! Why on earth would you purposely waste other peoples (70+ supporters) time and/or "money" on an endeavor you now admit you gave such little effort towards? Is this your idea of leadership Lynch or was this just a big game for you all long? And what about all those Wong and Solomito supporters who took time out of their day to participate in this Fitchburg taxpayer funded preliminary election that you gave such little effort in Lynch? If you weren’t going to give it your all then why did you waste everyone’s time and force a Mayoral preliminary election?? You see Lynch, once again you have just proven that you are NO DIFFERENT a person today than you were back “then” when you were nothing but a self centered asshole who had no concern and could care less about what effect your own actions have on others. Your admitted lack of effort is nothing but a slap in the face to all your own supporters who actually made the effort to get out and vote on your behalf and for all others who were made to participate. Like I’ve said Lynch, you are nothing but a menace to society who could care less about leaving behind a path of victims.
Anyone with real character would have dropped out, instead he is blaming the FPD and the system for his failure at the polls. I can only laugh at his comment about Wong sitting back and not campaigning, she knew Lynch wasn't a threat, the real election for her was not yesterday but in Nov.
Pot Hole swallows cruiser

Fitchburg, MA

#30 Sep 28, 2011
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
The city pays for any damage to any of it's equipment or buildings. The city is self-insured. The city does not carry insurance on any of it's vehicles.
Yes, I did know that. Found it quite amusing though that a city vehicle was damaged solely because of a city street.... and didn't read anything about it except in an election results article. They are now fixing it!

I was sort of referring to the person who had a letter S&E and has posted about getting a flat tire on a Kimball Street pot hole. This was during the summer. That was probably the same one that broke my axle. Did I seek reimbursement? No. I hit it so... my $$500$$ bad.
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#31 Sep 29, 2011
Lynch,

You've been mouthing off for months about the money wasted by the city for different things. Now we find out (no surprise) that you were single handedly responsible for the city having to waste thousands of dollars to run a primary election for mayor, even though you admit to not putting effort into your campaign for mayor.

You had no credibility with me, but you really expected Fitchburg voters to vote for your sorry ass?

You are beyond pathetic.
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

#32 Sep 29, 2011
Stamos wrote:
A friend of mine once worked in a real asylum and was responsible for one wing. I asked her what the inmates were like. She said, "They were always scheming".
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#33 Sep 29, 2011
Stamos wrote:
Stamos, you are nothing but a fool! You constantly bad mouth me out here!
For one I pulled papers in February and was falsly arrested in March!! Since I have been constantly bombarded by the opposition. I got the bracelet and the curfew taken off of me just for days before the election!

I put issues on the table! Mr. Solomito got out his base! He campned well! If anything both Solomito and Mayor Wong gained momentumj due to a preliminary! Mr.Solomito was able to motivate and deliver his base to the polls as now he has a better outlook at his chances. But don't be fooled by Mayor Wongs non participation as now she sees that she cannot just sit back and receive votes as she will have to now address the citizens of Fitchburg!

The citizen's of Fitchbrg have also had the chance to view the candidates stances also! I feel that campaigns should begin atleast 14 onths in advance and not just 6 weeks!

Let me tell you Stamos, 16,400 "registered" voters did not vote in the preliminary. Mr. Solomito and his campaignreahed out to his base and brought them to the polls! Mr. Solomito understands that he now has to focus on widening his base and to encourage enough of those 16,400 to vote for him and to again bring his base voters to the polls! I did not campaign at all! I spent $600 opposed to Solomitos $17,000. I applaud his campaign organization as they did a very good job constructing his campaign. As I stated all the people working at the polls were very polite and hard working for their candidates!

Along with this 16,400 block of "registered" voters who didn't show to vote , there are 12,000 unregistered citizen's within Fitchburg which totals 28,400 Fitchburg citizen's that didn't vote (83% of the "eligible voters)!
suck pump

Fitchburg, MA

#34 Sep 29, 2011
Lynch,

Quit sucking up to Solomito! Why did you contact the FPD on election day to complain about the location of his signs, only to find out that there was nothing wrong with any of them? Please go away...nobody takes you seriously and you're only looking for more abuse with every stupid rant that you post here. You're like a bad rash that keeps spreading. Time for an industrial size tube of ointment!
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#35 Sep 29, 2011
Just Facts wrote:
Lynch,
You've been mouthing off for months about the money wasted by the city for different things. Now we find out (no surprise) that you were single handedly responsible for the city having to waste thousands of dollars to run a primary election for mayor, even though you admit to not putting effort into your campaign for mayor.
You had no credibility with me, but you really expected Fitchburg voters to vote for your sorry ass?
You are beyond pathetic.
Don't get so brazin! I spent $600 opposed to Solomito's $17,000. I spent two guys obtaining signatures and four days holding a sign on John Fitch highway! This was not my plan!

Your cronies tied my hands by pressing false charges against me, jailing me and then concentrating on keeping me isolated from being able to campaign! They took the bracelet and the curfew off just four days before the election!

It is not a coincidence that I pulled papers in february and was jailed in March by the same group that I had exposed as the "good ole boy network"! There is much more to come out concerning these matters as it is very far from being disclosed!

Forcing a preliminary has given the citizens of Fitchburg a better look at Mr. Solomito and Mayor Wong! Mr. Solomito gaine much momentum by having a preliminary so his poll workers great efforts seriously helped his chances of actualy becomming Mayor!

He got his base out there; now he needs to impress the 16,400 other registered votrs who didn't come to vote! Mayor Wong, 6 weeks from the election let me remind you! Finally has to get out and campaign! She now has to articulate her campaign as she must appeal to be empathetic and acknowledging of the citizen's sacrifices that they have made for example; lights off, less police and no library!

And I will tell you that the "pool" is a symbolic issue that will capture the interests of the other 16,400 voters of Fitchburg! Having the pool is a positive outlet for the local city kids, it symbolizes "a sense of community" which Fitchburg has been lacking for so long! Dinatalle has made a major mistake in making "the communiuty pool" an issue!

Fitchburgs 12% unemployed have to VOTE! There is a massive democrat base that has to VOTE! The city belongs to the citizen's of Fitchburg,hese citizen's need to make sure to vote!
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#36 Sep 29, 2011
Don't be so stupid! The money you spent was a waste of money, because it was thrown at a campaign that didn't have a prayer in hells chance of getting you elected or doing anything else of value.

The cronies you speak of pressed charges against you because you were foolish enough to screw with them instead of paying attention to your campaign like a normal person would do...you like being in the middle of controversey, so you paid a price for it.

You are now trying to take credit for the actions of the Solomito campaign and you will try to take credit for the Wong campaign when it puts itself in gear now that the worthless primary is done with...figures you would try to take credit from others.

The primary for eliminating you was a worthless expense and the taxpayers should certainly BLAME you for that, but you are responsible for nothing beyond your own reckless behavior and deserve to be back in jail.

I guess the primary really didn't eliminate you because you are still mouthing off with your stupidity. Hopefully soon, they will prosecute you and put you back where you belong.
Look no further

United States

#37 Sep 29, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get so brazin! I spent $600 opposed to Solomito's $17,000. I spent two guys obtaining signatures and four days holding a sign on John Fitch highway! This was not my plan!
Your cronies tied my hands by pressing false charges against me, jailing me and then concentrating on keeping me isolated from being able to campaign! They took the bracelet and the curfew off just four days before the election!
It is not a coincidence that I pulled papers in february and was jailed in March by the same group that I had exposed as the "good ole boy network"! There is much more to come out concerning these matters as it is very far from being disclosed!
Forcing a preliminary has given the citizens of Fitchburg a better look at Mr. Solomito and Mayor Wong! Mr. Solomito gaine much momentum by having a preliminary so his poll workers great efforts seriously helped his chances of actualy becomming Mayor!
He got his base out there; now he needs to impress the 16,400 other registered votrs who didn't come to vote! Mayor Wong, 6 weeks from the election let me remind you! Finally has to get out and campaign! She now has to articulate her campaign as she must appeal to be empathetic and acknowledging of the citizen's sacrifices that they have made for example; lights off, less police and no library!
And I will tell you that the "pool" is a symbolic issue that will capture the interests of the other 16,400 voters of Fitchburg! Having the pool is a positive outlet for the local city kids, it symbolizes "a sense of community" which Fitchburg has been lacking for so long! Dinatalle has made a major mistake in making "the communiuty pool" an issue!
Fitchburgs 12% unemployed have to VOTE! There is a massive democrat base that has to VOTE! The city belongs to the citizen's of Fitchburg,hese citizen's need to make sure to vote!
Lynch, you do realize Joe spent 10 years on the FPD don't you? HE'S ONE OF THEM!
AAA

Athol, MA

#38 Sep 29, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Stamos, you are nothing but a fool! You constantly bad mouth me out here!
For one I pulled papers in February and was falsly arrested in March!! Since I have been constantly bombarded by the opposition. I got the bracelet and the curfew taken off of me just for days before the election!
I put issues on the table! Mr. Solomito got out his base! He campned well! If anything both Solomito and Mayor Wong gained momentumj due to a preliminary! Mr.Solomito was able to motivate and deliver his base to the polls as now he has a better outlook at his chances. But don't be fooled by Mayor Wongs non participation as now she sees that she cannot just sit back and receive votes as she will have to now address the citizens of Fitchburg!
The citizen's of Fitchbrg have also had the chance to view the candidates stances also! I feel that campaigns should begin atleast 14 onths in advance and not just 6 weeks!
Let me tell you Stamos, 16,400 "registered" voters did not vote in the preliminary. Mr. Solomito and his campaignreahed out to his base and brought them to the polls! Mr. Solomito understands that he now has to focus on widening his base and to encourage enough of those 16,400 to vote for him and to again bring his base voters to the polls! I did not campaign at all! I spent $600 opposed to Solomitos $17,000. I applaud his campaign organization as they did a very good job constructing his campaign. As I stated all the people working at the polls were very polite and hard working for their candidates!
Along with this 16,400 block of "registered" voters who didn't show to vote , there are 12,000 unregistered citizen's within Fitchburg which totals 28,400 Fitchburg citizen's that didn't vote (83% of the "eligible voters)!
The only fool on here is you, everyone bad mouths you because you deserve it. Fitchburg spent thousands of dollars that could have been used elsewhere on a primary that shouldn't have been held. The election was always about Wong and Solomito, all you have done is bad mouth Solomito for the way he ran his campaign and his platform and know you are sucking up to him.
Realist

AOL

#39 Sep 29, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
When did the court determine that you were falsley arrested? I didn't realize I missed that, congrats.
downtown

Fitchburg, MA

#40 Sep 29, 2011
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>The only fool on here is you, everyone bad mouths you because you deserve it. Fitchburg spent thousands of dollars that could have been used elsewhere on a primary that shouldn't have been held. The election was always about Wong and Solomito, all you have done is bad mouth Solomito for the way he ran his campaign and his platform and know you are sucking up to him.
There would have been a city wide primary even if Lynch stayed away because of the councilor at large race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynch makes cut in Ratchet Madness on TBS 1 hr Tom Burnham 7
News Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) 10 hr Tim Leydon 17
Criminal Stalkers manipulating IP addresses (Jul '13) 23 hr Nick 73
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Wed Boomfarcas 421
Leominster version of Lynch Wed Willy Wonka 7
Lynch EPOCA Fraud Wed Michelle DuBois 3
Lynch for Mayor (Nov '11) Mar 28 Captain Crunch 332

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages